Insight Communication has the worst customer service in the industry!

I'm not sure I've ever had worse service. My cable, internet and phone went out on Tuesday because of a storm. When we came home from work, we called Insight and they wanted to send someone to the house on Wednesday and told us it would be an all day window. I told the girl that wasn't acceptable because we weren't going to take a whole day off work to wait around for Insight. She wouldn't budge, so I asked for her manager. We went around and round with him - some guy named Darrin - because we wanted someone to come out that day to fix it. There were trucks in the area and it was only 6:00. He told us it might come on with the work they were doing, but couldn't guarantee it and would give us an appointment between 5 and 7 for Wednesday. We reluctantly agreed. I left work early on Wednesday to make sure I was here when they came. At 7:00 p.m., they still hadn't shown up, so I called Insight. They told me we had an all day appointment for Saturday, which obviously wasn't right. I ended up getting the same manager -Darrin - on the phone and told him no one came. Then he tells me that he scheduled it for Saturday and we must have misunderstood. I informed him that my husband had the phone on speaker when we called Tuesday and that there was no misunderstanding because I heard him promise an appt. for Wed. between 5 and 7 too. I asked for his manager and he offered to have someone call me back. I explained that my husband's grandfather is in the hospital and we don't think he's going to make it, so we need to have our phone working. In addition, my cell service is so bad that I had to wander around the yard just to call them. I explained all that and that we couldn't take more time off work to wait and hope a technician showed up. Darrin put me on hold and then told me someone was on their way to my house and should be there in about 30 minutes. That was around 7:15 p.m. An hour and a half later, no one was here, so we called back. That person said they dispatched someone to the area for an outage and it was fixed, but no one was coming to our house. We asked for Darrin and they told us he was on break, so we get a different manager who tells us Darrin is on another call, not break. Obviously these idiots need to get their stories straight and make sure to clue each other in on their lies. We went around and round with this lady who tells us Saturday is the best they can do and that they had already sent someone to the area for an outage. Now, I don't know your definition of sending someone out, but when someone schedules an appointment and when I'm told someone's on their way, I actually have the expectation that a technician will be knocking on my door. Apparently that's not the case with Insight and supervisor or manager #2 didn't seem to get that, so I asked for her manager and got Rebecca. I told Rebecca that I didn't know what kind of racket the people at Insight are running, but service this bad is totally unacceptable. Then I told her that I didn't want to tell her how to do her job, but she clearly needs to do some coaching with her team, especially Darrin and listen to his calls. She explained that calls are recorded at random. If that's the case, then Insight should change their policy, because their customer service staff needs to be retrained. They have to be the worst bunch of customer service representatives I've ever dealt with. I asked Rebecca if Darrin was really bad at setting and meeting expectations or if he was just a liar and she conceded that he didn't set appropriate expectations. Gee, do you think? By then it was 9:00 pm and Rebecca couldn't get anyone to our house. She apologized for the experience and assured me that she would send someone at any time I wanted on Thursday and gave me her direct number to call if they weren't here. That obviously didn't meet the need or make me happy, but what more could I do in light of the fact that Insight doesn't care about: - customer satisfaction - me having no reliable means to call 911 if there was an emergency in my home or with my child - the fact that my security alam wasn't functioning for over two days, leave my home vulnerable - my lost wages because I left work early to meet a technician who didn't show up because Darrin is clearly inept at his job - my family or the hospital having no reliable way to contact us if my husband's grandfather passed away in the night - my family not being at the hospital with said grandfather because we were getting the runaround from Insight and their lousy employees It's unfortunate that Insight has people like Darrin working for them and the lady that takes calls in dispatch. She was less than helpful and made me feel like my very existance was an annoyance. That is not the person I would want talking to the customers who keep my company in business. If Insight weren't one of the only companies I can get internet access from where I live, I would have cancelled everything last night. As it is, I'm looking for other internet options as we speak. If I find something else, regardless of cost, I'll be willing to take it. We've had insight for almost four years and it's the worst experience ever. My worst day with DirectTV doesn't begin to compare to Insight. You better believe that I'll tell anyone who listens how awful this experience has been. In this day and age, there are lots of options out there for cable, phone, and internet. Insight should be worried because service won't help them win or keep customers.

I agree with this post. We had a terrible experience while installing their services.

They ruined our wall by drilling *** in it for their cable. Literally, a big chunk of dry wall came off. Wall was never fixed and in addition, they charged us an extra fee for "custom" installation. I fixed the wall myself later and moreover, had to completely repaint it.

Things got worse when I called today and tried to downgrade services. Their customer representative was so rude and talked over me all the time, so I had to ask to talk to someone else in their department or to his manager. He then said that no one else was there and there was no manager and simply hang up. I was shocked and decided to file a complaint.

They really don't care about customers at all. I wish DISH had Internet services.

correction: ...can't fix something right the first time?

Mel922 said it all. No better in Lex.!

and maybe worse as most apartments do not allow dish and they know it. We had Comcast where we lived in E-town and the difference is like night and day.It amazes me that Insight actually brags in their ads that they fix a problem usually the "SECOND OR THIRD TIME". Insight are you really proud of that?

Are you admitting you can fix something right the first time? What a dumb ad!

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (3)
ID
Louisville, Kentucky

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article