Resolved: Inland Cabinets - Sub Par work....VERY sub par

Update by user Jul 29, 2015

3 years after my original remodel and subsequent complaint, Mr. Barro was very eager to set things right with us, and he was able to help out with our bathroom remodels. I will update with the result after the work is completed

Original review posted by user Jan 08, 2012
- Inland Cabinets work was extremely sub-par, I requested a basic darkening of my kitchen cabinets. From a oak natural to a espresso color. - The final result was an uneven look, varying light and dark spots. And brush marks and swirls. Looked like a bad paint job. - The owner promised complete satisfaction, so he scheduled his guys to come back, but it took several weeks for them to finally finish. After I paid him in full.....sound familiar? - We esentially had our kitchen emptied and spread out across the entire downstairs. We have a 1 1/2 year old who was basically banished to the upstairs because of obvious dangers when dangerous kitchen utensils are out in the open. Half of our house was not usable for over 1 month. - Inland Cabinets sent workers to fix our issues the first few times who did not speak english and didn't understand the job. We treid to mark the trouble spots with tape. All they did was remove the tape and call it good. - The owner scheduled his workers to come out again subsequent times, but they had to constantly rescheduled because they were already on another job, or their truck was broken down....or their cell phone was out of service. The excuses were abundant. - When the workers for Inland Cabinets finally arrived. I had to argue with them about the poor work they did on the cabinets, after hours of bickering....... and phonecalls to the owner.....they removed the cabinet faces and brought them back to the 'shop'. - The workers for Inland Cabinets took very minimal care in transporting the cabinet faces and drawers to the 'shop', the cabinets often had scratches and gouges that the workers claimed were already there. - The job foreman initilaly refused to stain the back of the cabinet doors.....he claimed that "you never see the other side anyway." I guess that would have been fine if we never open them. - When the workers finally brought the cabinet doors back. he put another coat on them, they were darkened. but the rest of the kitchen he didnt touch so they were a few shades lighter. and the backs of the cabinets were many shades lighter. It looked BAD. - A few times the workers came back and worked for like 30 minutes, change nothing, pack up all their gear and then check in with my wife (I was at work). They would say, "We're done. It looks good right?" - I finally had to bring the owner, and the foreman back.....when I was home......so I could point out how many ugly spots there really were. - When they finally returned......while I was home......I had to watch every single move they made and visually watch them touch up every cabinet. Before I would let them go. - I finally just had to do some of the work myself so I picked up a brush to do it myself. -The last few times they worked, they failed to tape around the kitchen appliances and sink so when they sprayed the gloss it got all over the kitchen faucet and wont come off. - They gave me a solution for touch ups that esentially stripped the stain off the cabinet.....I tried it nd now I have a blank spot the size of a quarter on the wood. Back to the original color. I called them to see if they would return and touch it up, I have still not heard back from them. -The work was cheap, and rightfully so. It took about 5 weeks, when it should have been 3 days. And by then time they were done, they have put so many coats of stain and gloss on, that the work looks unprofessional. I could have done the job myself and in half the time.

Same thing happened to me when I used Johnny from Inland Cabinets. What a smooth talker.

He said all was great, good products, good granite. But that was not the case. Cabinets are a piece of you know what. Granite has large epoxy spots in a few places where cuts were sub-par.

My microwave is hanging on by one bolt, and does not vent properly. Dishwasher not bolted down. Cabinet doors stripped out. Drawers do not line up.

Problem after problem. And to save a few bucks.

NO WAY! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

@PissedConsumer406095

Were you able to get your problems resolved? Tx.

I would report the company to the Contractor's Board that governs their license.

View more comments (2)
Resolved
ID
Los Angeles, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article