India Sweets and Spices on Los Feliz is ***

Horrible Horrible Horrible!! They sell stale and expired grocery. We bought a few desert and it was covered in mold. Another canned desert had actually expired in February 2011 and they had it in store until last week. On top of this when we went to the store to complain, there was this very rude lady, who, instead of apologizing, denied to take responsibility and kept talking about returning our money. She just couldn't understand that we weren't there to get our $8 back. We wanted to warn them about their service. Next time we won't warn them, we will file a complaint against them. So, everyone, buy at this store at your own risk.

i live in beaverton, oregon. in 2009 i lost my job and while looking for one, i decided to spend some time eating and watching indian tv at india spices and sweets off of nw cornell rd near bethany blvd.

it had great and fresh food. i spent $700 there in two months and spent a lot of time watching tv there. at the end of two months, the owner simply unjustifiably picked on me and asked me never to come back because apparently i was costing them one seat almost all day. i said ok and said that i would never eat there again.

i guess all their success had gotten to their heads. the unfortunate part is that following this i had two years of bad luck and ended up in a friend's home from where i sometimes went to eat at curry leaf off of nw bethany blvd. the woman there asked me why i was eating so much fattening food (maybe she is related to the wonderfully sexy couple that calls themselves our showpiece first couple) and thought that she could expand her business by hurting my feelings. needless to say, i decided to place a complaint against her (normally, i am a timid person, but that was the last straw from the arrogant indian grocer).

the result of all this was that the indian community decided to put me out in the cold of winter for 33 days to live in my car and nobody took me in. i wish these indian grocery stores would close down in a hurry and leave town. they are an unnecessary invitation to the drug peddling pests of india settling down here. they eat nothing but indian food and are not willing to try anything new.

they do not even know how to speak english. i have been a victim of these people and i had studied engineering.

imagine that. when is the real government going to step in and elevate the grace and manners of these people ?

I totally agree- India Sweets & Spices, Los Feliz, shockingly don't seem to care a penny about their responsibility for what they sell to their customers. A couple of visits were enough for us to know that we should never venture there again despite it being the only Indian grocery in the vicinity(and we, being Indians need a regular supply of Indian food ration).

We would travel 30 miles away to Artisia nownlike our friends do.

Pulses with worms; pistachios with fungus; and lots of items past their expiry dates, or with no dates or their dates actually blackened out- Horrible shopping & post shopping experience! Run away their grocery like a ghost were after you!

View more comments (1)
ID
Los Angeles, California

About

Summary

India Sweets and Spices. For Home / Office Delivery. Please Contact: 310 . 837 . 5286. Check ... Basmati Rice with one vegetable dish of your choice and a drink ...

India Sweets and Spices reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article