Content Creation Company Cheated Me Out of $450.

I worked for "Trina Jackson," the owner of Independent Thinkers, Inc, for nearly 18 months. I wrote content articles for her and we developed a good working relationship. Then, in December of 2014, she offered me a keyword article job for $450 for an Australian company who made custom shades for large areas of homes and businesses. She said the work had to be complete by Dec 21st, and I handed everything in by the 19th. She told me she had to drive to St. Louis for Christmas and would pay me via PayPal, as she always had, when she got there. Days went by, then weeks, then months. Attempts to find or contact her have failed. I know I'm out my money, I just want other freelance writers to know not to work for this person or company if you happen to come across them. She also failed to pay another freelancer who had worked the entire month of December, and this person was also cheated out of $750. Avoid Trina Jackson and Independent Thinkers, Inc!

Sorry, I missed that bit about you working for her for a year.

She cheated me out of $1,800 during the same time period! She said she was driving to St.

Louis and the payment would process when she arrived. Either she never made it to St.

Louis (but the obituaries suggest otherwise as I haven't found her yet) or she made a BUNCH of money off all of us. I had worked for her for about a year and never had problems getting paid before.

@PissedConsumer1005382

Hi, this is the OP. Did you work for her prior to that? I've been monitoring obits as well but who knows if that was even her real name

View more comments (2)
ID
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article