Poor Communication and Service

Here is the actual email that I sent to the travel agency (who owns the business) after I returned from my trip: We just got back from our cruise and had a great time. I just wanted to provide you with some feedback regarding our interactions with you prior to the cruise. First of all I think the communication between you and the people in our group was very poor. I was somewhat relieved but also disturbed to find out that the others in the group experienced the same treatment from you prior to our cruise (relieved in that it wasn't something I was doing wrong). This was the first cruise and interaction with a travel agency for the majority of us in the group and I felt like I was not provided the information that I needed in the weeks prior to the cruise. I felt like I had to scramble around last minute to make sure I had all of the information that we needed. Luckily I was able to log into the cruise lines website to confirm that our last names were updated correctly but I was not able to do that with the flights which made me very uneasy because the itinerary still had my last name spelled incorrectly days before we were scheduled to leave. It added a lot of unnecessary stress to not receive an updated itinerary from you which reflected my correct last name, the correct return flight information and any the updated amounts that we had paid and the correct amounts that we could expect to see for cruise credit and other things that we were promised like the photo credit and wine. It also seemed like you were very unresponsive to everyone in the group except for when the bride (Tiffany Russel) contacted you. The issue with that is that she had enough things to worry about with getting married on the cruise so we did not want to bother her with our travel issues. You forced many of us to go to her with our problems because they were not getting resolved by you. At one point I was sending you almost daily emails for an updated itinerary since that is the only documentation on the cruise that I had but you were not responding which caused me to reach out to Tiff which was the last thing I wanted to do. It seemed that you would only make updates and changes when Tiffany was involved. I dont understand this since all of us are paying for our cruises ourselves and have our own individual concerns. I also found out on the cruise that you are the owner of the Independence Travel Agency which absolutely surprised me because of the lack of customer service which we received. I definitely have a bad taste in my mouth of travel agencies and doubt that I will use one in the future and if I do I will certainly not be coming back to Independence Travel Agency. I highly suggest that you make some serious changes with your organization and communication skills. I was under the impression that travel agencies were supposed to make vacations simpler and less stressful but I found that I was extremely stressed before the trip and during the trip because I had little faith in what was actually going on behind the scenes with what was booked since we saw no updates of the detail information on the itinerary. I hope that you can make the necessary improvements and turn your company around otherwise I don't think you will be able to survive much longer. I just wanted to be fair to you and provide my candid feedback on my experience with you and your company. Thanks!

BTW.. You did not mention that I reduce the prices for the group

3 times and upgraded all the cabins.

I was asked by the Bride

to report directly to Her and since She was the Group Leader I gave her all the information. I gave you the Wine and The Shipboard credit as a gift. When The airlines changed the Flight times I sent it over to you. If you wanted to ask questions why did you not contact us instead of complaining.

Yes there was a typo on your receipt but the name was correct on the reservations. Yes you can book online but once you book no one will go back and check to get you a better price or upgrade your cabin.

When you book directly with a agent then they will contact you and you only.

I used a travel agency once.....now I never use a travel agency! With the internet you can make all the reservations yourself and know they will get done correctly! And with cruises, you can contact the cruise yourself and probably get a better deal, they are more then willing to work with their customers.

View more comments (1)
ID
Independence, Ohio

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article