Imperial Spa Melbourne Fl Caused a medical emergency and won't pay for out of pocket expenses

orrible, Horrible Experience................... Good Day Ms Kohl, I apologize for the lateness in this email; I was on vacation till after Jan 1st, then I became extremely ill with the flu. This is the first opportunity to let you know what occurred at one of your salons. On Sunday, December 11, 2011, my daughter and I had an appointmeHnt for massages at your beachside spa. We checked in and were taken to your changing area and then on to our 90 minute massages this all happened very quickly. After our massages we both went into your dry sauna. I was in for approximate 3 minutes and I stepped out and took a shower to cool down and then went back in for another 2 minutes. Upon leaving I noticed right away I could not see out of my left eye I was in pain and my vision in both eyes was blurred. I went to the mirror and removed my contacts. That did not make the left eye any better. It actually made it worse, because I had to pry the contact off my eye. After removing the contact I actually thought there was another one in my eye because the pain was so horrific and my vision was so blurred. As we proceed to checkout I was in agony and explaining what happen to my eye. Mentioning my contacts and being in the sauna. At the same time there was confusion and an issue with my sister in laws gift card. That seems to be the more pressing issue at the time. One of the girls did offer the phone number of a walk-in clinic. Needless to say the clinic was closed and my pain was getting worse. I ended up in the emergency room with a severely damaged cornea. This was due to my contacts drying out and adhering to my cornea due to the dry sauna heat. There is no signage posted any where in your facility at the time I was there that instructs/informs you of the dangers of wearing contacts in the sauna nor to remove contacts before entering the dry sauna. None of your staff said anything about the dangers. I had no idea what could happen or how dangerous it is to wear contacts in a sauna. This was only my experience in one. This lack of information caused me great pain and suffering not to mention money. I do have health insurance so luckily that deferred some of the cost. I am asking for my deductable, eye doctor visits and the meds be paid by your company due to this negligence in lack of information. The experience ruined a very important Holiday event and I lost time from work never mind the more than 10 days of pain and sleepless nights. Please post signs and educate all of your staff so this unfortunate incident does not happen to someone else. Attached are copies of the hospital bill, eye doctor bills and medication bills.
ID
#320462 Review #320462 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Orlando, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article