Positive Feedback

Multi-Head Heat pump We had excellent experience with Imperial Energy. They were on time and executed the work as promised.
Ottawa, Ontario

I recommend everyone Imperialenergy company.

Like Imperialengergy is a great company witch I have ever seen. In my opinion, they are very professional.
Toronto, Ontario

Not the same company

Pretty sure that the company (of the same basic name) that caused the grief to these reviewers is NOT the company indicated. That company DOES NOT do door-to-door sales. They work the Home Shows and are mostly suppliers to new home contractors. This needs to be addressed. Thank you.

3 Furnaces & 3 Air conditioner, duct works & gas line

Imperial Energy Of Canada - 3 Furnaces & 3 Air conditioner, duct works & gas line
I used “Imperial Energy” services for my new house in North York, Toronto. They have installed two new furnaces & two new air conditioners (also one of each my old ones) plus the duct work & gas lines. Overall their performance had so many flaws (Enbridge inspection took many visits to pass) & their subtrades were not efficient, missing duct closing (causing foam insulation into ducts- picture), wrong frame-opening for typical wall grills (causing redoing the drywalls - picture), installing the HRV unit at head-height (there is room above - picture), caulking & patching the holes through the walls were never done. They have a contract like car dealership’s (small writing in pages), also they have a collection agency set up for their contracts. So many things were extra during construction at their own nonnegotiable rates, and my job’s completion was hostage for the payments. I felt they are more developed & organized in how to get more money in shortest way than providing decent service.

Thank you for sharing this information. It's unfortunate to hear that you had experienced these type of issues during your interaction with our company.Imperial Energy is committed to providing excellent customer service while performing professional work and therefore we feel that the general public will need to see beyond this review to judge for themselves.Our company had entered into a contract with this client in 2016 and the construction work was completed in 2017.In any HVAC type of work for new construction, given the amount of changes that are normally done to the mechanical plans during the construction period, it is quite normal to fail inspection.

This is simply due to the changes made during the construction to accommodate other site requirements. In this case, the mechanical design was done based on a single dwelling property with three furnaces, but given that the client wanted to illegally turn the property into a triplex multi dwelling, he didn't want to create the new walls for his two basement apartments and therefore we had to leave out some of the wall returns until his walls were built. This was the reason that the work did not pass inspection at first attempt. The HRV system is installed as per manufacturer recommendations and it can not be installed any higher than this point simply because it will squeeze the pipes connected to it and therefore will not work properly.The return air grilles claimed on this review were purchased by the client and they are the wrong size.

The opening was made by the client's drywall contractor and there is no drywall repair required here and the client will just need to purchase the type of grilles that fit this opening.The client had an opportunity to review the contract before signing it with its complete list of additional charges for gas line which was not included in the scope of the contract. After completion of the work, he asked for further discount on the gas line work and although were were not legally obligated to provide him with any discount, we decided to reduce the charges to help him with his over-budget construction project.The final payment on any residential new-construction contract is due on the day of installation of outdoor condensers. This information is clearly written on the payment schedule provided and agreed and signed by the client. However, the client failed to pay at that point claiming that he now wants to live in the house for another month before he pays.

We had explained to the client that there is a one year parts and labour warranty from the completion of his work and he is entitled to use this warranty as long as he clears his final balance. Given that as of today, the client has not paid his final balance, his account is under suspension until a full payment is received. As per contract, we had forwarded this account to our collection agency and legal team for recovery.Imperial Energy is dedicated to customer service excellence and transparency and would encourage everyone to ensure that they understand their contractual obligations before signing any contract.

Once a contract is signed with us, we will fulfill all of our contractual obligations and will enforce any part of the contract deemed necessary to ensure the payments are recovered. In this case, Imperial Energy has gone over an beyond its contractual obligations to ensure we satisfy this client but since the final payment was never made by the client, we had no choice but to suspend the account and start the recovery action.The client can contact our accounting department by email at accounting@***.ca and obtain an up to date statement to payoff the account and reinstate his services under the original agreement.

Imperial Energy Of Canada Air Conditioner Installation
Work Experience or Job Application
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Don't be fooled by Imperial Energy in Markham

I'm writing this review and I really don't have anything personally against them. They came to my door 2 years ago and provided me with fasle and misleading information about the tankless water heater. These false information caused a lot of damage and I'm currently in the process to take them to the court. The sales person Neha came to my door and offered me a tankless water heater. I asked her about the term of contract, she said standard like any other company. They provided me with one paper of the contract which doesn't include the lenght of the contract. I discovered later that the contract for 15 years. Reliance and innercare provide 7 years and cheaper than this company. Imperial is a contractor to Gasco energy which is the same address and the same owner. It is very confusing and both of them are partners with this scam. $1700 tankless water heater from Home Depot, they ask for $5200 buyout after 2 years of paying $62 around $1500. Avoid those 2 companies Imperial and Gasco. I'm currently taking them into a small claim court. Absolutely Ripoff.
Imperial Energy Of Canada Water Heater Installation
Not as described/ advertised

Imperial Energy Of Canada - Bad Experience

I have invited Imperial Energy to install tankless Navien in my house after visit them at Home Show. Two sales representatives come to house and did work estimation and took deposit $90 dollars. Next day 2 contractors arrived my house and said my dryer exhaust pipe in wrong place ( for last 30 years ???) and put red tag on it. I've offered to them to relocate some pipes - negative answer, I ask them to fix - negative answer. So, I cancel the deal and later call Enbridge technician, who said nothing wrong with your settings, but I have to pay $70 for the call. Too bad experience from Imperial Energy.
Imperial Energy Of Canada Water Heater Installation
Cons
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Loss

Resolved: Imperial Energy Of Canada - Tankless Hot Water Heater Review from North York, Ontario

Update by user Aug 11, 2017

1) Imperial Energy does not manage Snap Financial (loan provider) 2) Snap Financial failed to disclose to Imperial Energy the full terms of loan, as well terms were not mentioned on contract. 3) Imperial Energy SENT MY REBATES AS PROMISED.

4) I was able to clean my liens on both properties (building and house) once I paid in full loan offered by Snap Financial, and I proceeded with mortgage transfers and Real Estate transactions as planned. 5) Imperial Energy assisted me with technical support in other issues. 6) Recently Imperial Energy assisted me in our building to update my gas meter, to install an extra thankless, and my new whole set of gas lines for my new coin laundry. 7) Imperial Energy assisted me locating an old gas leak in my building that was costing me a lot of money since long time ago.

For an affordable fee they installed a brand new gas line to supply gas to my entire property. ***AT THE END, IMPERIAL ENERGY TURNED OUT TO BE A RESPONSIBLE AND RELIABLE COMPANY. ***IMPERIAL ENERGY EARNED BACK MY TRUST AS A CUSTOMER.

***IMPERIAL ENERGY IS OUR OFFICIAL HVAC SERVICE PROVIDER, I am building an addition to my house soon, I will hire them to install a thankless and a furnace. ***I WOULD RECOMMEND IMPERIAL ENERGY TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A GOOD HVAC COMPANY.

Original review posted by user Apr 23, 2016
Be AWARE!!!! IMPERIAL ENERGY did a good installation of two tankless in my property. They promised REBATES (still waiting to receive). What really pissed me off was that they FAILED TO DISCLOSE THE TERMS OF FINANCIAL. i got a call from my lawyer, I couldn't refinance my mortgage because SNAP FINANCIAL (*** FINANCIAL better to say), those guys that work with Imperial energy to give me financial for tankless, they secured loan by putting a lien on my property!!!!! I was sick and shock to find out. BOTH IMPERIAL ENERGY AND *** FINANCIAL FAIL TO DISCLOSE THAT WHEN SIGNING PURCHASE. **** SHAME ON YOU***

Read the contract before you SIGN

Resolved
North York, Ontario
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article