Fred A Ptu

This is why no one likes the DMV

First of all, the information on the website (and the form) for duplicate titles don't match what the DMV employees say. I moved out of state and to get my registration/plate in the new state, have to get a copy of a title since CEFCU never sent one and all they gave me was a lien release. So, I send filled out copies of the form to family in IL since I didn't want to send payment via mail (btw, how is this not electronically possible in this day and age to send electronic payment?). He gets there and the person tells him something with the forms needs to be added on the DMV's part, prints the right forms, then says it needs a virtual signature. So, he sends it back to me and I provide a VIRTUAL signature even tho anyone could have just signed it. So he takes the forms again. Now it has to be a "wet" signature. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE WHEN I DON'T LIVE THERE AND IT WOULDN'T MATTER WHO SIGNED IT ANYWAY. I call the Sec. of state number, listen to the menu and when I click on the number to ask about my issue it DISCONNECTS EVERY TIME. I'm calling just to check what ACTUALLY needs to be submitted so my dad doesn't have to go back for a fourth time even but no one is answering. I live in Nevada now and going to the DMV has to be scheduled months in advance and still it wasn't this complicated, bureaucratic nonsense.

User's recommendation: move out of IL

eric t Bdi

Verified Reviewer

Status of Drivers license

Your 24 hrs line is not available 24 hrs.u call the number and it tells you it's closed and still gives you the same number and tells you to call it ... also the menu tends to be looped from like the 3rd menu right back to the first.its frustrating at best.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Be patient

Tony M Nlp

Verified Reviewer

Customer rep level of customer service

Called IL Secretary of State 800-252-**** to confirm true drivers license expiration date since there was an extension listed on the website till November. Customer rep at the main number was rude and gave me two different answers, with a tone of voice like I should know without calling. When I explained that the automated phone menu differed from the website on the exp. date, she continued to be rude, I objected, and she hung up on me.
Cons:
  • Call center customer service
  • Customer service in call center

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Write a review if poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article