Poh tiong choon is garbage

For anyone who is reading this, I have the solution to ikea terrible delivery/assembly problem. Just like the countless posts before me the assembly was unprofessional, lazy and only bother to quickly assemble my pax wardrobe and be on their way . Sure they have other places to be, but that does not mean they have the right to leave a mess in my house. When I checked their work, I discovered many dents and chippings, so I called ikea again for replacement. The second time, the same thing happened. Had to called ikea again, the third time however the the assembly team was unhappy about my complaints and decided to be late. When the guy came he cursed and swear at my front door at me and my parents. Because the guy was short and stupid looking, it was pretty funny to look at but i was also shocked at this kind of working attitude. He claimed he was in a accident to get to my place and its my fault. Wtf. Its his damn job to drive and deliver how can he blame the customer. In the end he left without doing jack sh.t and told us to complain to his superior if we want. The wardrobe, delivery and assembly costs a whopping 600. So I think I deserve decent and qaulity service. The type of incompetent idiots working for ikea delivery(ptc) is beyond me. Now i am stuck with a dented wardrobe, and i will be damned if i were to call ptc the fourth time. Not going to let that midget in my house again. Bottom of the line, it is unlikely ikea will ever switch delivery vendor, for there were many unhappy customers before me and for the past many years. If you do want to shop at ikea, get a competent and cheaper delivery service from carousel. Trust me. They will be more than happy to help you because their reputation is critical on carousel and if you were to leave a bad feedback, the public and potential customers can see. Its time to give PTC the middle finger. Enough is enough. On ptc website the company claims to be the largest logistic company in asia blah blah blah. How can that be when they are employing monkeys?
Ikea Delivery Service

Fun place to spend a day

I've gone to Ikea many times and would like to put down a few kind words to encourage staff and workers there to keep up the good work. The Ikea we went to is always tidy and clean. I've been there a couple of times to shop for furniture and appliances. My most recent trophy from Ikea is a leather made computer chair. It is firm and sturdy and has served me very well. The food is great as well when you factor in its cost. I like the meatballs, the salmon, and the refillable coffee. It can get a little bit crowded especially during the weekends/public holidays. But it is crowded in almost anywhere in Singapore so you're probably used to it. 5/5 will visit again
Ikea Customer Care
Pros
  • Merchandise
  • All of it on line in store set up
  • Meatballs
Reason of review
Great food

IKEA and POH TIONG CHOON LOGISTICS REVIEW/complaint

I have been a big fan of IKEA for many years. My entire room is all IKEA. However, the installation of my wardrobe was very disappointing. I had my new IKEA wardrobe installed a few days ago, the installer refused to refer to the PAX wardrobe planner that I printed out. He told me off that he is experienced and I have no right to tell him. When it was finished, all the placements were wrong. E.g. I wanted shelves right at the top followed by the rods. In the end the rods were all on top for all 3 frames. When I told him that it was wrong and pointed back to the picture, he scolded me fiercely in dialect hokkien 'can't stand you!'. I was so afraid to ask him to make the adjustments because he was extremely rude. After he left, I changed the combinations myself halfway (I didn't manage to screw tightly as I don't have any drill and strength) and when I looked below I realised a total of 15 screws are missing for my shelves and baskets. IKEA should not be outsourcing to POH TIONG CHOON LOGISTICS (PTC) as I can't even utilise my wardrobe. My IKEA boxes are unable to fit in between the shelves.

For anyone who is reading this, I have a solution to your problem. Just like the post above the assembly was unprofessional, lazy and only bother to quickly assemble and be on their way .

Sure they have other places to be, but that does not mean they have the right to leave a mess in my house. When I checked their work, I realised many dents and chips, so I called ikea again for replacement, the second time same thing happened. Had to called ikea again, the third time however the the assembly team was unhappy about my complaints and decided to be late. When the guy came he cursed and swear at my front door at me and my parents.

He claimed he was in a accident to get to my place and its my fault. Wtf. Its his damn job to drive and deliver how can he blame the customer. In the end he left without doing jack *** and told us to complain to his superior if we want.

The type of incompetent idiots working for ikea delivery is beyond me. Bottom of the line, it is unlikely ikea will ever switch delivery vendor, for there were many unhappy customers before me and for the past many years. If you do want to shop at ikea, get a competent and cheaper delivery service from carousel. Trust me.

They will be more than happy to help you because their reputation is critical on carousel and if you were to complain, the public can see. Its time to give PTC the middle finger.

PTC claims to the largest logistic supplier blah blah blah. How can that be when they are employing monkeys?

I understand your frustration

View more comments (1)
ID
#1019575 Review #1019575 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ikea Wardrobe Installation
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Most appaling delivery, installation and customer service ever - IKEA/PTC takes the cake!

Update by user Jan 19, 2014

This is relating to ikea in Singapore and their outsourced delivery company Poh Tiong Choon

Update by user Jan 19, 2014

Original review posted by user Jan 19, 2014
I am disappointed to see an appalling customer service at a big, trusted store like IKEA. I've been shopping there for many years, spending hundreds each time, sometimes thousands. I recently bought a cabinet from IKEA which was delivered and installed yesterday. I told the deliverymen it was meant for the storeroom. Regardless, they proceeded to assemble it in the living room, then upon completion told me it's too large to go through the store door. When asked why they didn't set up in the storeroom in the first place, they insisted they were not able to do so as the cabinet needed to be assembled "lying down". I requested that they disassemble and assemble again in the store, but they refused and left after trying to force me to acknowledge receipt, which I refused as it was not delivered to the right condition and location I wanted. I then went down to IKEA customer service centre at Alexandra as I could not get through their help desk after more than one hour of trying. After waiting for more than an hour at IKEA, I was served by Ms Yvonne Lou, who without hearing what I had to say, curtly told me she's already spoken to the 3 delivery persons, who told her that I instructed them to install in the living room even though the item is required in the store room (which I didn't). She further told me she will only refund me half the amount without explaining why except that it's "policy", and demanded that I pay for another delivery charge. I thought IKEA had a no questions asked full refund policy, but she didn't offer me that option at all. She told me she had 3 witnesses and therefore don't need any other information or hear my version of the events, even though all 3 were the very delivery men who were involved. I suppose I'm grateful they didn't claim even more things as she "already got 3 witnesses!" She was very aggressive when she said it. I wonder how can so rude a person be suitable for customer service! There were so many things wrong with this situation that I do not know where to begin - from unsatisfactory work, rude customer service representative who refused to listen to customers' concerns, failure to explain the company's position clearly, dishonesty on the facts, lack of sincerity to resolve the problem, not to mention the long wait to get this undesirable outcome. I didn't take up her "offer" as it's more like a demand, and I am so angry with her and the delivery folks. I will be escalating this case further within IKEA management (I wonder what's the email of their managing director that Ronnie found but I'm sure I can find it though if needed), but in the meantime, I am an unhappy customer who has lost his trust in IKEA and will not shop there again. If you want to use Ikea's outsourced assembly and delivery service, think twice! Thanks for reading this! Andrew 8118****
Ikea Installation

IKEA SINGAPORE (Tampines) - Worst customer service

IKEA SINGAPORE (Tampines) - Worst customer service
I have been a loyal IKEA SINGAPORE customer for a long time. But, today I had the worst customer service experience - not fully an IKEA TAMPINES issue, but more to do with their delivery/assembly vendor POH TIONG CHOON LOGISTICS. Sadly IKEA CS also did not help. Today morning I bought a $79 item: paid $55 FOR DELIVERY paid $30 for ASSEMBLY i.e item = $79, delivery + assembly = $85 Since I already paid so much for delivery and assembly, and since I had a need for a kids table, an hour ago, I went back to check if I could add another item to the delivery. I really did not foresee any trouble, but wanted to check before I bought something. Response from POH TIONG - The answer was a blunt, saying the truck was already loaded for delivery, so can't do anything. period! Response from IKEA CS - sorry you must have read the fine print from POH TIONG!! (really?? thats the best you can tell a customer?) Really expected some better treatment. Its not much about the money, but it really left a bad taste, mainly because this comes from a trusted SWEDISH BRAND that stands for creating better everyday life for people. And that too because of a lousy vendor like POH TIONG.

simple logistics. It's loaded, it's loaded.

Time consuming/costly on the warehouse end to fix your mistake.

Ikea Delivery Service

Unfriendly & Unprofessional Service

I HOPE THIS COMPLAIN IS FORWARDED TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN. HOPEFULLY IKEA HEADQUARTER WILL TAKE NOTE! I am an unhappy customer from Singapore. I hope your organisation could look into these unfriendly and unprofessional issue over here. I had try to write to Ikea Netherland, but were greeted by an Avarta name Anna, which pissed me off more! After waiting for 5 days, they came to my home on 22 January for the exchange, they turn up with half the wardrobe! I'm real pissed of and ask for a full refund. Until now, there's no reply from any of those cool "Executives"! As of now, no one even bother to call and ask how unhappy their customer was! Real pissed off! NOBODY REPLY TO THE EMAIL BELOW From: Ronnie Sng Date: Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM Subject: Re: Bad Customer Service To: Customer Service Ikea SG Cc: Raven Lee Swee Fong , Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman Dear George/Nurul or TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.(I can never get to speak to the higher authority executive) What's the problem with your company? I am very disappointed with your bad service and unfriendly staffs! I had taken 2 days leave just to wait for your delivery and it still cannot be fix for my orders. You can take back all your furniture and I want a full refund. Regards Ronnie NOBODY REPLY TO THE EMAIL BELOW, EVEN IT'S A REMINDER TO REPLY From: Ronnie Sng [mailto:ronniesng@***.com] Sent: Friday, 22 January, 2013 10:22 PM To: Raven Lee Swee Fong Cc: Customer Service Ikea SG; Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman Subject: Re: Bad Customer Service TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN Can someone reply to my email dated 20 January 2013? AM I wasting my time? Regards NOBODY REPLY TO THE EMAIL BELOW ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Ronnie Sng Date: Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM Subject: Bad Customer Service AGAIN! To: Raven Lee Swee Fong Cc: Customer Service Ikea SG , Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman Dear Mr. Lee, I hope these issues would not happen again to customer like me or others. It's a shame that until now, there's no words from any of those Ikea executives(although I had requested an answer from my email)! I think they are stuck on those cozy Ikea chair at their offices, or maybe they think it's not their problem and they are not obligated to reply to their customer! I had another issue for those executives(if anyone around), if handle professional, would not had happen. On the delivery date on 17 Jan, I was told that the PAX wardrobe, could not be fix because my HDB room height is 250cm. The wardrobe height was 236cm and they require to fix the wardrobe on the floor and bring it up. I ask why you can't fix the wardrobe standing and was told to pay more than a $100 more! I think it's like daylight robbery on the part of Ikea to demand such payment! I had no choice but to change again to the shorter wardrobe. My daughter love the MALM bed with the feature that could bring up the head section and we bought it. Unfortunately, when deliver to our place, we were told that our queen size mattress which we order could not "bend" for use with the feature! Once again, we are so disappointed and request to change for the basic model(without the head lift). Later, I receive a call to inform me that, my changes and fixing could be done only on 22 Jan. My daughter was very upset as she, had to sleep on the floor again, since 13 Jan(we remove our old bedroom set). I would like to ask the following issues: 1) Why we were not advise that our PAX tall wardrobe require a certain height for clearance? As we had paid for the installation, why no one tell us that it cannot be fix unless we pay more than $100 more for fixing it standing? You had a team of about 3 staffs at my place and I don't understand why those guys can't fix the wardrobe by standing method? 2) Why we were not advise on the selection of the mattress for our bed model? 3) I know this a peak period for delivery and why it took so long to return for the changes and fixing? You need 5 days? Do you have a kind of "emergency team" which could return and fix within 24 or 48 hours? These issues could have been avoided if your staffs have a good sense of product knowledge. You are wasting your customer time and giving your delivery team double work! Care to comment from whoever was involve in these issues? Regards Ronnie On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Raven Lee Swee Fong wrote: Dear Mr Ronnie Sng, Thank you for highlighting on Robin’s poor attitude and handling of the issue. Robin was indeed the most senior staff around at that point in time, and he should have exercised more prudence. He regrets his quick assumption on the matter, due to misinformation from his junior colleagues, which led to the inconvenience and unpleasantness caused onto your good self. As Robin’s superior, I sincerely apologise for his poor behaviour and lack of respect towards your good self on that day. As this is the first time that a complaint of such nature has been lodged against Robin, a stern verbal warning will be given to him. Robin has been advised to be mindful of his actions and word, and project the correct behaviour befitting the person and situation. I will personally monitor his performance henceforth and if no improvement is seen, I will not rule out the possibility of a written warning letter followed by a suspension of duties. As the Home Delivery service provider for IKEA, all delivery-related matters are redirected to Poh Tiong Choon Logistics (PTC) for handling. Moreover, the issue stated herein is on the poor customer service level provided by PTC staff. Hence, the reply from PTC in this case. Again, I sincerely apologise for the unpleasantness suffered by your good self and hope that you could graciously accept our apologies. Yours faithfully, Raven Lee (Mr) POH TIONG CHOON LOGISTICS LTD IKEA-Alexandra Home Delivery Service Tel: +65 6592**** Fax: +65 6474**** IKEA-Tampines Home Delivery Service Tel: +65 6592**** Fax: +65 6787**** Mobile: +65 9856**** From: Ronnie Sng [mailto:ronniesng@***.com] Sent: Friday, 18 January, 2013 10:22 PM To: Raven Lee Swee Fong Cc: Customer Service Ikea SG; Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman Subject: Re: Bad Customer Service Dear Mr. Lee, Thanks for your reply regarding your staffs unfriendly and unprofessional attitude. I woud like to highlight your investigation regarding Robin part in the issues. Robin, as the duty in charge, and I presume is a senior staff, should be more professional in handling issue like this. THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT HAPPEN NOT "After some further clarifications on the matter, Robin made the necessary adjustments and acceded to your request. "Moments later, there's a guy by the name of Robin(also no introduction who he is, I ask his him for complain)came out and the 2 girls was discussing with him for a few minutes before I go over and ask for my request again. He said with a stern face and said the same thing as the other 2 girls! We cannot accept "Ad On" and said boldly "I'm the planner here"!(who cares who you are! I just want my delivery date). I ask him if he had look through the changed items and is it consider a "Ad on" and he quickly browse through the invoices(I don't think he even know what are the change item).I told him that Ikea had a policy written all over the store which reads "It's Ok to change your mind" and he even challenge me to "Ask my boss to take down the signboard"! I think there's about 6-7 staff around who heard what he said! He was very unfriendly and unprofessional in customer service. He even said our action at the counter is video tape and he could show to me that I'm unreasonable and I said "Why not, show to me", as since he's unfriendly, why should I be nice to him! What *** me off is challenging me to ask your boss to take down your "Its OK to change your mind" signboard! I think you should send Robin for training too, as he might one day, beat your customer! Try reviewing your video and see his unfriendly attitude! Why I did not hear apology from Robin? By the way, why am I getting a reply from POH TIONG CHOON, instead from Ikea? Did I go to the wrong Ikea store? Regards Ronnie On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Raven Lee Swee Fong wrote: Dear Mr Ronnie Sng, First and foremost, we sincerely apologise for the unpleasant incident that happened on 15-Jan. Upon receipt of your mail below, an investigation was carried out immediately to ascertain the root cause of the problem. After much validation and verification, the below are our findings. 1. When presented with the new invoices from your good self, Steph had quickly and wrongly assumed that the new items were “add on” items to your existing delivery order. Despite after having explicitly expressed your intention was to “exchange” the newly purchased items with the previously purchased ones, Steph maintained her viewpoint and rejected your request. 2. This misinterpretation on Steph’s part led to a serious misunderstanding between your good self and our Front Counter team. Nana, who is a senior staff, though tried to intercede but failed to resolve the matter as she did not find out more before giving her reply. 3. Robin, who was our Duty In-charge for that day, then approached the Front Counter and attended to your good self. After some further clarifications on the matter, Robin made the necessary adjustments and acceded to your request. He did notice that the newly purchased items were in fact greater in value and quantity than the previously purchased ones. After a quick calculation, he noted that your delivery order has indeed become larger and more complex, which was why the term “add on” was used to describe the situation. We believe this to be a serious case of miscommunication due to misinterpretation by Steph and Nana, which led to a further misunderstanding by Robin. I sincerely apologise for the undue stress and anxiety caused to your good self and wish to conclude that, although other staff assisted to resolve the matter, all these could have been avoided if Steph had listened properly and not misinterpreted your request. As the person in-charge of the Home Delivery operations on the whole, I hold myself responsible for the poor customer service level presented by my staffs and will critically review the Front Counter crew on their work attitudes. Steph will be sent for further training to better her communication and customer handling skills. Once again, we sincerely apologise for the mishap and unpleasantness experienced by your good self. Should you have further comments, please feel free to contact me. Thank you. Yours faithfully, Raven Lee (Mr) POH TIONG CHOON LOGISTICS LTD IKEA-Alexandra Home Delivery Service Tel: +65 6592**** Fax: +65 6474**** IKEA-Tampines Home Delivery Service Tel: +65 6592**** Fax: +65 6787**** Mobile: +65 9856**** From: Customer Service Ikea SG [mailto:customerservice.ikeasg@***.asia] Sent: Thursday, 17 January, 2013 10:27 AM To: Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman Cc: Call CS - IKT Subject: FW: Bad Customer Service Dear Kassim For your kind attention please. Appreciate your follow-up with customer and keeping us in the loop. Good day ahead! Kind Regards, Nurul Customer Relations IKEA Singapore Ikano Private Limited 317 Alexandra Road Singapore 159965 Tel: +65 6786**** Fax: +65 6474**** http://www.ikea.com.sg From: Ronnie Sng [ronniesng@***.com] Sent: Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 1:18:07 AM To: Customer Service Ikea SG Subject: Bad Customer Service Attention: Managing Director Cc Attention: Mr. Kassim, PTC Manager Dear Managing Director, THIS IS NOT A FEEDBACK BUT A COMPLAIN FOR BAD SERVICES FROM YOUR DELIVERY SERVICE DEPARTMENT I had bought more than $3,000 worth of Wardrobes and Beds on 13 Jan 2013 and we had requested the delivery date on 17 Jan. Today I had notice one of the new wardrobe(I had bought same item 2 units) height is longer and I went to your Alexandra store at 9pm to change the shorter version. After going through the hassle with your friendly staff for the changes, She suggest I ask for refund and reissue new invoices for the changes of the said item, which I agreed 10pm After paying for the new invoices, I proceed to your delivery counter. I was served by Steph and after explaining about my changes of the new item/invoice, she reply with a stern face and said we don't accept "Ad On" and my delivery date must change to next week, instead of 17 Jan. I ask her what "Ad On"?, I'm just changing one of the wardrobe(to a shorter height) and replace the folding door to sliding and there's no additional item. I had explained that I would like the delivery on 17 Jan but she still refuse my request. I even told her my kids would have to sleep on the floor(we had remove our old furniture from my 2 kids room) until next week if the delivery date is change. After all the hassle, I demand to speak to the manager but she said repeatedly that there's no manager on duty now(make me feel I'm at her mercy and no one to turn to). Later a lady by the name of Nana(without introducing who she is) came and said the same thing we we don't accept "Ad On"(without even looking at the changes of the item)! I even ask her does she knows about the change item which she can't reply me! Moments later, there's a guy by the name of Robin(also no introduction who he is, I ask his him for complain)came out and the 2 girls was discussing with him for a few minutes before I go over and ask for my request again. He said with a stern face and said the same thing as the other 2 girls! We cannot accept "Ad On" and said boldly "I'm the planner here"!(who cares who you are! I just want my delivery date). I ask him if he had look through the changed items and is it consider a "Ad on" and he quickly browse through the invoices(I don't think he even know what are the change item).I told him that Ikea had a policy written all over the store which reads "It's Ok to change your mind" and he even challenge me to "Ask my boss to take down the signboard"! I think there's about 6-7 staff around who heard what he said! He was very unfriendly and unprofessional in customer service. He even said our action at the counter is video tape and he could show to me that I'm unreasonable and I said "Why not, show to me", as since he's unfriendly, why should I be nice to him! I think after he had realised his mistake in not reviewing the change items, he relented and agreed on the original delivery date on 17 Jan. Unfortunately, the damage is already done to your customer! After all the hassle again and again, I was refer to Steph, for the refund of the earlier invoice of $2,060. I took her about 30 minutes(I think deliberately) to produce the refund note! When I ask her why she did not smile when servicing her customer, she said "If you are not happy, she point to me the feedback counter"! All this hassle takes about an hour and I move on to the refund counter feeling very unhappy. 11pm Over at the refund counter, I'm very happy with the staff, especially a new guy by the name of Joel. He's friendly, patient and well manner. 11.20pm Leave your store wondering, I should ever visit your store again! I hope this ugly incident will not circulate in all my forums kaki! I'm a fan of your products since the 70's and I'm shock about your unfriendly and unprofessional staffs. I DEMAND A PERSONAL APOLOGY FROM ALL YOUR RUDE STAFFS AND TO MEET YOUR HIGHEST AUTHORITY PERSONNEL IN YOUR COMPANY. Best Regards Ronnie Sng Mobile: 8200**** Email: ronniesng@***.com IMPORTANT NOTICE The information in this e-mail message (and/or attachments) is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in error and that use of it is prohibited. In such case please delete this message and kindly notify the sender. This e-mail message has been swept by AntiVirus and AntiSpam software for the presence of any computer viruses. However, the ultimate responsibility for the virus checking lies with the recipient of this e-mail. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. They may contain material protected by legal professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or its attachments.

typical Singaporean. Always want to talk to highest authority.

total lack of respect for lower level staff.

demand apology from all rude staff? Like the whole world owe you.

So far first time trying PTC Logistics OK their staff friendly and helpful. May be they have improved.

@PissedConsumer786157

Nope. Just purchased this month.

Initial agreement 3-6pm, end up 550pm called said delay to anytime following day, so we agree 11am.

At the end come 2pm, so my conclusion is that there might not have proper planning for the delivery team. (PTC)

View more comments (2)
Ikea Customer Care

Brands Related to IKEA Singapore

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article