Charles W Gxt

Imcompetent money management

For the last 25 years, I have had consistently low returns on my RRSP return. Now I am older and starting to draw on my investment. For the past 2 years when withdrawing the funds, IG has made major errors in the withdrawals. Last year, the withdrew the incorrect amount of funds. They fixed it, but it took several calls to get them to do so. This year they deposited the funds into someone else's account. They had confirmed the account during the withdrawal process. I am still waiting for them to sort this out. I would not recommend anyone deal with this company.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor investment strategies and incompetent staff

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not deal with this company

Darlene D Oum

| map-marker Kamloops, British Columbia

Fraudsters

We invested some money with them, immediately it went down by $25,000 with no explanations. Summaries were missing and the agent was unavailable Then they over contributed to my husbands TFSA which resulted in a CRA penalty of $7,000 including withheld GST applied to the penalty.

We did file a complaint with their headquarters and with CIIRO and the Ombudsman for Banking, none of which has helped us recover our money paid to CRA for their mistake.

We are trying Report Seniors Abuse which might be able to help us get a lawyer pro bono. Investors Group is a rip off company designed to steal your money and do it right under the nose of our government regulators. Over 70% of the Ombudsman for Banking complaints favour the financial institutions. The banking institutions support the OBSI institution.

What the *** We will not give up until they are held accountable and you should not either.

Post on your Facebook page, write reviews on BBB and keep the light on these Grifters. They need to be held accountable and to stop stealing our and our kids money.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything they do is designed to steal your money

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay far away from Investors Group and Edward Jones

Linda K Kqo

Treatment I received with IG Wealth

I have been with IG for over 10 years. I will not stay with them, they switch you from advisor to advisor, they never really get to know you. My investments never made money and I never felt I was treated properly. I'm done after again getting yet another advisor. They always promise they will not trade me off but here we go again but not this time!!! I am going elsewhere!
Cons:
  • Bounced from one advisor to another
  • No personal attention to you the investor

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not deal with them, they are only interested in profiting from your money and do not care about you!!!

map-marker Fenelon Falls, Ontario

I originally invested with Investors Syndicate when it was an outstanding company to deal with. Now my agent has disappeared and it doesn't matter, I'm not allowed to contact her anyway.no

Since renaming and rebranding itself as Investors Wealth (?) this company isn't worth trying to deal with. I originally invested with Investors SYNDICATE when it was the easiest company in the world to deal with.

This monstrosity that it is today is horrible beyond words.

I live in Ontario but I'm calling Manitoba to talk to an unknown, faceless person at the other end of the phone. The agent that enticed me to invest with Investors Syndicate many years ago is long gone and I'm not permitted to even call a local branch (why on earth they even exist I have no idea) because they have ZERO information and can't speak to any of the questions that I have.

Would NEVER recommend this company - absolutely negative experience for me.

User's recommendation: I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone unless you like planning your life around their time frame and for their convenience. I originally invested with them when they were a reputable company and I could pick up the phone, call my agent and talk to my personal agent without making an appointment - at their convenience. I'm withdrawing every single cent from them - I wouldn't invest someone else's money with this company!!

Douglas J Wsl

| map-marker Georgetown, Ontario

The passing of William Herbert Jones

My name is Douglas Jones , nephew of Mr Jones . I'm the executor for Mr Jones . I,m just checking if there is any outstanding funds in his account . due to the circumstance's I have received his personal affects I have no account or policy numbers. Thanks Douglas Jones Cell ,647-389-**** , Home 905-873-****
map-marker Krefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia

Promises not kept!

I was led to believe that at least 6% of capital gains p.a. was very realistic when it turned out, 7 years later, to be less than half of that. I could have received more with GICs, without all the headache. Moreover, documentation is so convoluted that one has the impression that this is deliberate. Requests for clarification resulted in more confusion. All in all a very frustrating experience!

User's recommendation: My advice is simple: keep your money a healthy distance away from this company!

map-marker Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec

If you like losing your hard earned money, go ahead and sign on the bottom line.

I lost $12k with I.G. because of this thing they force you to sign, called DSC (deferred sales charge), the sole purpose of which is to lock-up your money for 7 long years !!! The I.G. investments had the highest fees and did very poorly; but I could not get the money out because of the DCS I signed. Finally after 7 years of losses, it took almost 3 weeks to dump them on the market; no one wants I.G. investments. I am not certain, but I think this monstrous DSC is illegal now.
$12000

User's recommendation: NOT !!!!!!!!!!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article