Idtag - SmartTag services - Impossible to cancel their subscription. You will get charged no matter what.

I had bought Idtag kit from Petco in June 2013. I bpought it because we had gotten a new puppy and the kit was on clearance. I brought it home and opened it to realize that the kit was absolutely useless unless you subscribe to their services which is like 10$ a month after the initial trial period of 6 mnths or so. So I never used it and cancelled the service in Nov 2013 just to be on the judicious. However, come Dec and I saw charges of $9.90 on my credit card. I called the customer service and the rep was a nice guy. However, he confirmed that the service was never cancelled and that he will go ahead and cancel it for me and I should get my refund in 3-4 business day. Feeling well taken care off, I completely forgot about it until Jan 2014 when I saw the charge again. I called them again, and the same thing happened. They still saw my account active. This time however, I asked the rep if there is a way I can email him the complaint and he could reply to the email with the confirmation of the account closer. He seemed like a good guy. I have requested for my $19.90 refund and closer of the account. The guy's name was Adam and hopefully he will be able to resolve this. However, STAY AWAY FROM IDTAG/SMARTAG because its a ripoff.

Same thing happened to me as well. I had to call the credit card company and let them know it was a fraudulent charge.

I also asked them to block that company from charging my card again. Scam and a ripoff!

ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article