Verified Reviewer

Warning to others

This location has the most incompetent staff I have ever tried to do business. Two times I booked an appt and both times I was told "you do not have an apt scheduled today". On the 2nd time I refused to be lead away, so I called the New Caney office only to be told that I do have an appt scheduled at the Kingwood office. What came next? They cannot find the long forms of documents I had to answer on their online app. And would not take me. They did not even offer me to come in and fill them out the old way. ON PAPER! They were just fine at turning me away again. Lazy! Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this bunch of GED Grads.

User's recommendation: Find another chain.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Run Away!

Double root canal with double crowns. I went in to have both of my teeth removed, but Dr. **** told me he could save my teeth. I initially said no because of the price, but they worked with me and we came to an agreement. Since then, I have had a very bad infection occur (calcified puss sticking out of my gum), and now according to a new Dentist, I will loose one of my teeth for sure, possibly even both of them. Dr. **** at Ideal Dental told me it was their fault and the procedure would need to be done over, but he could not help me because he was not the dentist that performed the procedure. I asked him 3 times to do the right thing, he refused to do so, even knowing it was their fault. My infection is steadily getting worse, and I have no money left in my insurance account and I am still paying on the loan that I used for the procedure. They were going to refund my money (insurance and loan) but wanted me to sign an NDA stating the Ideal Dental had completed all dental work to a satisfactory level. I did NOT sign it. It is a lie. I am seeking legal counsel against them and have filed a complaint against them with Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. I have received a second opinion and it will cost me another $1700+ for 1 root canal, and $700+ to have the second tooth pulled. Please, find someone where else.
ID
Pros
  • Seem nice
Cons
  • Work not warranted and they are dishonnest
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Refund my money (OOP and Insurance) and correcty my problem that you caused!

Poor ethics

A dentist is supposed to fix teeth. I have cavities that i need filled and they refused to fill it unless i paid over 1300.00 for root canal and crown, which seems to be the normal for them. THE DENTIST ACTUALLY LET ME WALK OUT THE OFFICE IN PAIN! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FILLINGS! DO NOT GO TO IDEA DENTIST OF KELLER!
Northeast Tarrant, Texas
Cons
  • Money pit
Pricing issue

Worst Dental Experience of My Life

I paid $4000 for two root canals, which the doctor did in one day. Afterwards, I had intense pain that I knew was not typical of a root canal. I called the office to try and get an appointment to see the doctor and they told me he couldn't see me for two days. I had to go to Legacy ER because the pain was excruciating and I couldn't talk or eat or drink or sleep. When I saw the dentist he said one of my crowns was too high and he filed it down. He told me to come back in 2 weeks for my permanent crown. When I went back to get my permanent crown, they couldn't remove it because of the pain. The doctor came in and said I had to go to an endodontist (who also works for Ideal Dental). It took another 2 weeks to get an appointment with the endodontist. After charging me an additional $600, he discovered that the original dentist had filled one canal so long it was touching my jaw and completely missed that I had a 4th canal and did nothing with it. He had to undo the root canal, take gauze soaked in antibiotics and fill my canals with that. He couldn't put the temporary crown back on because of the inflammation, so he slathered a filling material on top. He prescribed steroid pills and antibiotics and told me to come back in a month. I called him 2 days later after having a severe allergic reaction to the steroid pills and asked him to please give me something to help with the pain. He said to call my original dentist. I called the original dentist and they said to call the endodontist back. I told him I had been taking 4 Advil, waiting 2 hours and taking Tylenol and using moist heat but that I couldn't take the pain. He essentially told me to suck it up and take Advil and that it is just going to hurt for 4 days. So, $4600 dollars later - I am nearing the 2 month mark of what should have been a routine root canal and have been in constant pain with no end in sight. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. I have never had a root canal that even warranted pain medicine before.

Hey I made an account just to post this. This is absolutely a case of medical malpractice and massive negligence.

You should not have to pay for these procedures and should be reimbursed for any work that needs to be done to correct it. The doctor is also liable to cover damages and pain/suffering. If I were you , I would contact a medical malpractice lawyer and get their opinion.

If its possible, you should try to get all of these events documented in an email or written communication. CALL A LAWYER NOW!!!

My heart breaks for how much pain you have endured and how much more is coming. Ideal Dental Svces should be audited to see what else is going on.

If they are that uncaring with patients how are they with filing insurance claims? I concur with the recommendation to report them.

@PissedConsumer1569608

Thank you for your comment. I just hope no one else makes the mistake of going there because they are open on Friday and can get you in quickly.

I wish I had waited. I am reporting them now.

You should file a complaint with the Texas Board of Dentistry, they should not be performing root canals.

@PissedConsumer1569552

Thank you! Great idea!

View more comments (4)
Bedford, Texas
Service
Ideal Dental Dental Service
Reason of review
All of the issues listed above
Loss
Preferred solution
No one else to have to go through what I did

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article