Never buy an extended warranty, they don't honor them

These people refuse to honor the extended warranty purchased when our 2012 Accent was purchased. The car was new in 2011, and the warranty was supposed to cover issues from 60,000 miles, to 100,000 miles. The first issue was a condenser. I paid to have the car looked at, only to be told their warranty company said no. They didn't mind taking $1,750 plus tax for the purchase of the warranty. Since then, my motor had to be replaced in the backseat, driver's side window, and an emissions leak. I have spent almost $2,000 in repairs for a warranty they REFUSE to honor. This dealership, the warranty company, and Hyundai Motor Corp. all point fingers, but don't care. I filed a complaint with the secretary of state. It sure seems fraudulent of a company to represent themselves like this to their customers. I'll go back to Toyota, where they honor their warranties.
#1190372

Chris,

I will reiterate that Hyundai of Las Vegas did NOT sell you a vehicle NOR an extended warranty. The dealership was under different ownership in 2011 when you purchased your vehicle and warranty.

We can't change the warranty company that the previous owners were using.

We can ONLY abide by the terms under which YOUR extended warranty will reimburse for covered repairs. Thanks for understanding.

Also, after explaining that Hyundai of Las Vegas is a different company from Planet Hyundai where you bought your vehicle, please refrain from using libelous and defamatory statements like "refuse to honor" and "fraudulent." We will gladly discuss any of these accusations with the Secretary of State.

ID
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pros
  • Salesman robbie trujillo
Cons
  • Being cheated
  • And sold a bogus warranty
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Full refund

DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP

They treat you great when you are buying the car. But as soon as you walk out the door with your new car, they could give a *** about you. First let me start off about how *** my salesman (Omar Soto) was. He did not tell me about the upgraded package I could have gotten with my Elantra. He knew I was paying cash and that I would have been more than happy to pay for the upgraded package. When I went back to the dealership less than a week later to upgrade my car, they had the balls to tell me that it would cost me an additional $8,500 to trade in my car and upgrade to another Elantra with the better package. I said are you out of your *** mind. I'm not paying you an additional $8,500 for a $1,300 package. The *** sales manager (Louie Mendoza) that I spoke with said he would speak to the general manger and that he would call me back. OF COURSE, the general manager NEVER called me. He's just as horrendous as the rest of them. Second, the dealership was VERY dishonest about the terms of the deal to the actual contract. I was told that there was NO charge for the VIN etching. When I finally got the final documents to sign after I agreed to purchase the car, they tacked on an additional $494.00 for the VIN etching. They are nothing but a bunch of charlatans. I should report them to the State Attorney General and have them investigated. They have this huge sign in the dealership that says how much their customers mean to them. Complete ***. If you want to buy an Hyundai, I would suggest ABC Hyundai. Had I known about ABC Hyundai, I never in a million years would have gone to Hyundai of Las Vegas. Even though both dealerships are owned by the same person, you will have a much better experience at ABC Hyundai. Ask for Jody Stanfill. He is very knowledgeable about all the Hyundai products and will give you a great deal.
ID

To read more: https://www.hyundaioflasvegas.com/privacy.htm
Top Hyundai Of Las Vegas Services

Hyundai Car Trade-in

Hyundai Of Las Vegas Pros and Cons

Pros: Salesman robbie trujillo

Cons: And sold a bogus warranty

Summary

Hyundai of Las Vegas is a family owned and operated Hyundai dealership. Its headquarters is based in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Hyundai of Las Vegas offers new, pre-owned, and certified Hyundai vehicles. There are such models as Elantra, Accent, Sonata, Genesis, and Santa Fe. Buyers can choose any body style including trucks, SUVs, hatchbacks, vans, and sedans. The company provides all prospective consumers with financing options. Credit application can be completed online. Hyundai of Las Vegas also specializes in original Hyundai parts and accessories sales. The company provides a broad range of vehicle maintenance and repair services. They include engine diagnostics, oil change, brake inspection, and many more.

Hyundai Of Las Vegas reviews and complaints

Hyundai Of Las Vegas is ranked 1011 out of 4362 in Dealers category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article