Ripped off, ignored, ordered to "remove complaint with Paypal"!

"This post is dated 2/19/14, 21 days after my experience with Hypnoticworld.com, a website where you can order downloads for self hypnosis and other self help formats. After jumping through ridiculous hoops just for the privilege of paying 12.99 a month in order to purchase a download, I ordered an mp3 for an additional amount. I never got it. Tried to get support in every way from the website, but no avail. Even the FAQs didn't help. Should have seen it coming when the first Question on their FAQ page was "Ordered an mp3, but didn't receive it". No help there, either. I emailed them about it, no response. Long story short, I decided it wasn't worth the effort and expense for nothing at all, so sent a total of THREE emails requesting a refund of both membership and mp3 never received. Second email, got a refund of the membership fee of 12.99. Great. No mention of the money paid for the mp3 being refunded and it never has been despite a third email about that. No response. Finally, I filed a claim with Paypal. The very next day, I received an email from Faith (same person every time). She "generously" resigned me for the monthly membership, and sent a link to a PDF on how to download orders from their site. Duh. Not even the download I ordered! She then had the unmitigated gall to ORDER me to cancel my claim with Paypal!!! How a claim works is that the vendor (Hypnotic World) has 10 days to respond to PAYPAL, NOT the customer, to settle the claim. She violated that part of the contract in contacting me, not Paypal. (Confirmed by Paypal today when I contacted them about the emails). I don't respond well to companies who have my money, but don't deliver a product ignoring my repeated requests for a refund because they know they are ripping me off. I also don't take well to said company bypassing the legal contract with Paypal's system of claims and instead, resigning me up for future monthly membership payments! What I REALLY won't tolerate is "ordering" me to rescind my claim from Paypal, STILL not refunding my money! I called Paypal to tell them what happened after writing her what I thought of her business practices. They are escalating the claim due to her dishonoring her contract with Paypal, to get MORE money from me! Paypal told me that Hypnotic World may be unable to work with Paypal in the future because of this violation and they were escalating this further. I hope this happens, as I am positive I'm not the only person this has happened to, just maybe one of the only people not willing to lie down and take it. It's not about the money, it's about the principle, or their lack thereof. The downloads may be good, if you actually receive them, but the runaround by the company if there IS a problem that would have cost them $11.65 to settle in good faith is NOT WORTH IT! "Faith" has wasted 21 days and much of my time email after ignored email, with responses that have no intention of honoring my wishes, ingoring me and instead doing the opposite. There are thousands of companies out there that have the same products without the deceit and deplorable ethics, i.e. attempted extortion/intimidation. BUYER BEWARE. I really hope this helps just one person out there. I think I need a hypnosis tape on calming. Oh wait, I have lots of those, from many other sites! I will be updating my progress on this post as soon as information becomes available.
ID
Dallas, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article