Rip Off

This man took £2,000 for filing an appeal, however, 10 minutes before going to the court room, his barrister made me sign a document stating that I understood that the appeal would not be successful. The point being that he knew in advance the appeal would not succeed, however rather than advising that the case should be withdrawn and re-drafted, he went ahead with the sole intention of taking the money. Subsequently, he was paid to send some letters, however, whilst some of the recipients responded, he did not forward the responses back to the client. I would advise anyone to stay away from this man.
Bad quality
Loss

Miss

Rodney hypon is a scam consultant my friend went there recently due to a dwp compliance letter interview due to a evil report they started digging into her savings she has mental Health and was very sucidal at the time this evil consultants used this to rip her off she had to use all her benefits to pay them they did not do anything or make any positive correspondence to the dwp making a case at what was just a simple investigation. They later demanded 2 ,950 claiming its a criminal matter and my friend will be interviewed under caution. These people are evi and should be stopped and have no dealings with the general public they pray on the volunable good citizens people like my friend has no criminal record and is a innocent victim who made a mistake due to her mental heathl was not advised legally correctly and this consultants used this to make money out of her pain.
Bad quality

Verified Reviewer

Hylton Potts Legal Consultants - Lawyer Review from Shippon, England

Omg stay clear of this man, contacted him god knows why explained are circumstances he was confident it was straight forward . Far from it, all my £350 got me was him submitting a form to the courts to appeal a previous decision and he couldn't even get they right. My 13 year old son could have filled the form better. Be warned do not use this firm, thank god he only scammed us out of a few hundred quid. Shame on you, Rodney !
Shippon, England
Poor customer service

Lawyer Review

AVOID this man , seriously not sure why we went to him, he's taken money but really not sure what he's done to help. Never been to a lawer befor but if this is what they do I'm afraid !!!
Shippon, England
Poor customer service

SCAM FAKE LAWYER LONDON england

this rat had stolen 10.000 usd from me he claims to be a lawyer but actually he has no licence HE WAS IN JAIL FEW YEARS AGO FOR FRAUD HE IS ON RIPPOFREPORT COM TOO! http://www.hylton-potts.com/ google him, magazines also published him he sat in the worst london prison hope he was well *** in the #ss! but he does not care, still steals clients money he is over 50 hope he spends all his money on cancer treatment and i hope his *** get cancer and be cut off no one reads these review sites! yet we are to stop scams!

once a fraud...always a fraud. NEVER TRUST THIS MAN, IT WILL BE THE WORST MISTAKE YOU MAKE.

The only reason he can get away with such malpractice is because he isn't even a real solicitor. REMEMBER THIS

#1190761

Why was he charging you USD if you are both in England?

Yeah he says he will get info if you have to go for an interview under caution there is no way he can do this as I found out he is just after your money DONT DO IT get some one local the only way you can find out what people have it to actually go and you find out 20 min before believe me 8 know he just wants your cash. I hope this helps .

Lets face it, all Solicitors are crooks... No matter who you use, they're all in business to help you win a case by parting you with a sizeable amount of your money.

The only winners in any legal system are the lawyers!

The system will never change, because it's too much of an institution.

It's ingrained in the fabric of our society to give people the chance to defend themselves in the presence of their peers, but at what cost?

I do wonder just how many of the people commenting here are other law firms who despise the fact that he's not wriggled off and crawled under a rock, never to be seen again!?

Now either he has a lottery sized nest egg to fun his business or there are a lot of people out there happy to keep him in business...

The only reason he's being singled out here is because he offered a fixed fee service which clearly many law firms would never do, because the invoice always has another line on it to add yet another cause for payment. Sure he probably did ask for additional payments, but how do any of us know if these payments were justified or not? Did somebody ask for a service to help with a divorce for example, but then go beyond the remit of what the service on the invoice entailed and further payment was required for the additional services and help outside of what was originally agreed. If you paid for a fixed fee mobile phone screen repair and they found additional issues with the phone.

Would you expect to be able to get the other problems with the phone repaired within the cost of the original repair? Obviously so since many of the comments appear to be negatively geared towards the fact that he was asking for addition money (for additional services?). All businesses are run for a profit, not as a charitable concern. You wouldn't expect Sky, Virgin or BT, etc to throw in Sky Sports as a freebie because you'd paid a "fixed fee" for the basic package.

So why expect a business of any description to offer you more than was originally agreed? Besides, I do seriously think that if people did feel ripped off, they would contest the agreed contract based on the fixed fees agreed through the proper channels and not head to websites like this to have a moan. The reason why anyone is here is to discredit people and businesses, rather than to get any real recourse for the issues they faced.

If a business offering a "fixed fee" was found to be in breach of contract, they'd be investigated. So as I said, I believe that this is nothing more than a bunch of law firms all out to try and discredit other businesses which are taking "food off their plate".

#981925

This man is a complete joke still can't work out why we paid him money AVOID he's a clown !!!!

OH my word! I am so very sorry for each and every one of you who were taken by this fraudster.

I myself have escaped by the skin of my teeth! Being a Journalist, I decided to do a little research before hitting the send button which would deposit the first payment into his account. My God! I am so grateful to all the powers that be, for all your comments.

As the saying goes, 'if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!'

Bloody ***. I was so hopeful. I guess it's back to the drawing board in search of a legit lawyer. It is shameful what this man is doing.

He is literally taking food out of people's mouths. I cannot understand how is continuing to get away with this.

Hard earned money being literally stolen from innocent, trusting, and more often than not, desperate people. Shocking!

other lawyers know he is a SCAM cuz he is NOT in the UK lawyer's register since he sat in jail!

yeah I was ripped off too over 5000 GBP ! I have never seen such an ''open'' fraud, it is so obvious yet nobody cares :(

Very colourful criminal. Extreme right wing politics and always on the lookout for a financial opportunity.

Good for some entertainment but don't part with any money or sign anything!

Has been struck off as a lawyer, but amazingly is still allowed to offer advice and be a McKenzie friend to litigants in person. He may sound cheaper, but may cost you more and not provide a competent service!

@PissedConsumer935383

exactly they are just a mckenzie friend for a REAL LAWYERS PRICE, HE CLAIMS FIXED FEES BUT EVERY MONTH HE KEPT ASKING ME FOR 300 POUNDS!!!

Rodney Hylton Potts delivered an amazing service for me when I had been ripped off by Clinton's Solicitors in Covent Garden. He completely saved the day and won my case through expert handling and choice of an excellent and expert barrister. I would wholeheartedly and unreservedly recommend his services as efficient, swift and great value for money.

View more comments (14)
London, England
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article