A good product when i bought them back in 2003

had then in my house since then - trouble free - work with regular t-stats cant complain about service i have gotten from them. sad to hear such a good product has gone downhill. happens a lot nowadays with so many good companies being bought and sold. i know -have experienced this at my own workplace.hopefully this company can return to what it once was. i kind of feel bad for the employees too for i know some of them were very dedicated. seems to be the sign of the times -the cheap low skilled worker off the street vs the skilled dedicated employee that knows what the *** he / she is doing.

I've purchased two over the years and was extremely satisfied with their energy efficiency and performance. Best heater. Unfortunately, they went out of business and can't find anyone who makes them anymore.

Hydrosil (aka Hydro-sil) theieves and out of business

I purchased 2 94 inch 240v Silicone Series Baseboard heaters and a Pro Ultimate Programmable Thermostate from Hydrosil on June 13th, 2012. Hydrosil charged my credit card on 6/26/12. Almost a year later (June 13, 2013 will be a year) I don't have the thermostat to run the heaters. It took us 6 months and threats of bad publicity from my husband because of my health condition to get the 2 heaters. They don't work on regular thermostats. They promised the thermostat would ship the following month. Then my online account wouldn't work,so I couldn't check the status or reset my password. I was finally able to set up a new account today only to find out THEY CLOSED THEIR DOORS FOR BUSINESS!! So I still don't have the thermostat I nedd to make the heaters work and that I paid for and now I have no recourse to contact them and a useless lifetime warranty! Hydrosil never notified me or refunded me the money for the non shipped products they charged my credit card. Can anyone help me get a thermostat to work with these units? That is all I want.
#1520563

I have been very happy with the HydroSil unit's we bought in 91. The upstairs bathroom's unit had stopped working so I called.

The company that answered was HydroComfort and explained what had happened to the old company. They make a similar but not the same unit and sent me to a company that makes the generic type unit.

I ordered the parts and is working like new. So if you have issues call Marley Engineered Products -843-479-****

will work with 240V 2-pole t-stats -mine do

Hydrosil was a leader in baseboard heating technology since the late 1970's. The company was purchased by a Canadian held firm in 2012 which would explain a good deal of the hassles many folks had trying to make purchases over the past 5+ years.

AUB another Canadian company made the thermostats for Hydrosil and can be readily purchased .

Check ebay as that is where I bought my replacement. They are identical save for NOT having the hydrosil logo on them.

As for folks complaining online about never getting product ordered, I furnished 2 homes with this brand during the late 90s up to around 2008 as either primary or back up heat and never had an issue with the heaters or Hydrosil as a company. In fact, I saw about a 20-25% decrease in my heating bill which over time more than paid for the heaters.

I was sad to recently hear that this company was swallowed up by a bigger one, but they were purchased for their patented technology not because they failed to provide ,etc.

The knuckleheaded N.C.

attorney general who filed suit against them is a joke in my opinion as who does not require full payment of an item prior to shipping the item ? The problem was the new parent company, not with Hydrosil.

The bottom line is that , If you can find Hydrosil heaters used or new old stock on a site like Ebay or craigslist, by all means buy them !

Where can a person obtain replacement parts for a non-working Hydro-Sil baseboard heater?

@PissedConsumer679871

When a hydrosil heater goes bad, they are not repairable. Ive heard of very few going bad as there is nothing to go bad save for the gel filled element or the electrical portion [power surge will ruin them] which up until the 2012 company buy out , was covered under a lifetime warranty .

The new company is not honoring the old Hydrosil warranty and the current warranty is 5 years, not lifetime.

View more comments (4)
Wallingford, Connecticut
Loss

Hydrosil heaters took my money and did not ship product.

I purchased 3 heaters back in the 1st week of March, and it is now June 19th and they tell me that they won't ship my heaters till July 14th And I have been told that they would ship back in April and may then June and now they say that they will ship my heaters July 14th, But I don't think they will. I will see . DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, THEY WILL STEAL IT AND NOT SHIP PRODUCT. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE HYPE OF THE NEW AGE HEATERS. DON'T LOSE YOUR MONEY TOO.

I ordered four heaters august 23 2012; have been put off and given excuses repeatedly as to why they havent shipped. They did process my credit card and take the money in september..

Now they have an answering service and you are tld they will return a call.

They do not respond to phone or e mail. I have a feeling this is a dead end street.

Did you ever receive your order? I've been waiting 8 weeks and am losing my confidence with this company. Hope everything worked out for you.

@PissedConsumer576219

I ordered 2 heaters on March 2nd & 3rd, it is now December1st and I just got them , I'm glad I did Because now I tried to get ahold of them Because 1 of them was damaged, Now I Cant Get Ahold of The HYDROSIL CO., and thier Phone # is disconnected and I cant find them ONLINE, Except for the Heaters On EBAY,

I Am Pissed , I do Like The Heater's BUT WOULD NOT DO BUSSINES WITH THIS CO. AGAIN

We apologize for the delay. Our units are made to order and we will do whatever it takes to make you a happy customer. Please give us a call 800-627-****

View more comments (3)
Issaquah, Washington

Lies, lies and NO PROMISED REFUND

Ordered heater and paid for it, and was given a ship date. Heater did not arrive - I cancelled order and requested refund. I was told it could not be built for 3 weeks. They said refund would be sent in 3 weeks. It has been 7 weeks. Today they said the heater shipped, it is lost, they put a tracer on it, and that my refund would take another 30 days. This order was cancelled. Refund has not been made as promised. This company has LIED to me three times and still has not refunded my money as promised with cancelled order. Linda Rogers
Caledonia, Michigan
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article