Verified Reviewer

Heaters barely put out any heat

Hydrosil Heaters - Heaters barely put out any heat
After reading all the hype (they did a good job on their advertising) on their baseboard heaters I invested (they are very expensive) in 6 heaters and 5 thermostats. The thermostats need constant resetting. The heaters barely put out and are radiant heat only (their ads implied blowers). As I said their thermostats that control them keeps resetting the heat and it takes all day to get from 64 degrees to 76 degrees and you can forget about 78 on constant outdoor freezing winter temps. I'm in N.CA. and these heaters would never put out in the cold states. A horribly expensive investment that just do not work. I bought these heaters around 2013 and it is now 2022.

User's recommendation: I would not recommend.

Never have heard Hydrosil imply their heaters have blowers, they talk about the lack of fans, and not circulating dust because of the heat being convection. My Hydrosil has two elements, and puts out a lot of heat, an has lasted for many years. Not sure business address listed on this page is actually Hydrosil electric heater company, there is another Hydrosil heating type company about this area, not making electric heaters as far as I know.

ID
Pros
  • Nice looking
Cons
  • Expensive and barely puts out heat thermostats not good
  • Expensive and barely puts out heat
Preferred solution
I will be replacing them with another baseboard heater

A good product when i bought them back in 2003

had then in my house since then - trouble free - work with regular t-stats cant complain about service i have gotten from them. sad to hear such a good product has gone downhill. happens a lot nowadays with so many good companies being bought and sold. i know -have experienced this at my own workplace.hopefully this company can return to what it once was. i kind of feel bad for the employees too for i know some of them were very dedicated. seems to be the sign of the times -the cheap low skilled worker off the street vs the skilled dedicated employee that knows what the *** he / she is doing.

I've purchased two over the years and was extremely satisfied with their energy efficiency and performance. Best heater. Unfortunately, they went out of business and can't find anyone who makes them anymore.

Hydrosil (aka Hydro-sil) theieves and out of business

I purchased 2 94 inch 240v Silicone Series Baseboard heaters and a Pro Ultimate Programmable Thermostate from Hydrosil on June 13th, 2012. Hydrosil charged my credit card on 6/26/12. Almost a year later (June 13, 2013 will be a year) I don't have the thermostat to run...
#1520563

I have been very happy with the HydroSil unit's we bought in 91. The upstairs bathroom's unit had stopped working so I called.

The company that answered was HydroComfort and explained what had happened to the old company. They make a similar but not the same unit and sent me to a company that makes the generic type unit.

I ordered the parts and is working like new. So if you have issues call Marley Engineered Products -843-479-****

View more comments
Wallingford, Connecticut
Loss

Hydrosil heaters took my money and did not ship product.

I purchased 3 heaters back in the 1st week of March, and it is now June 19th and they tell me that they won't ship my heaters till July 14th And I have been told that they would ship back in April and may then June and now they say that they will ship my heaters July 14th, But I don't think they will. I will see . DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, THEY WILL STEAL IT AND NOT SHIP PRODUCT. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE HYPE OF THE NEW AGE HEATERS. DON'T LOSE YOUR MONEY TOO.

I ordered four heaters august 23 2012; have been put off and given excuses repeatedly as to why they havent shipped. They did process my credit card and take the money in september..

Now they have an answering service and you are tld they will return a call.

They do not respond to phone or e mail. I have a feeling this is a dead end street.

Did you ever receive your order? I've been waiting 8 weeks and am losing my confidence with this company. Hope everything worked out for you.

@PissedConsumer576219

I ordered 2 heaters on March 2nd & 3rd, it is now December1st and I just got them , I'm glad I did Because now I tried to get ahold of them Because 1 of them was damaged, Now I Cant Get Ahold of The HYDROSIL CO., and thier Phone # is disconnected and I cant find them ONLINE, Except for the Heaters On EBAY,

I Am Pissed , I do Like The Heater's BUT WOULD NOT DO BUSSINES WITH THIS CO. AGAIN

We apologize for the delay. Our units are made to order and we will do whatever it takes to make you a happy customer. Please give us a call 800-627-****

View more comments (3)
Issaquah, Washington

Lies, lies and NO PROMISED REFUND

Ordered heater and paid for it, and was given a ship date. Heater did not arrive - I cancelled order and requested refund. I was told it could not be built for 3 weeks. They said refund would be sent in 3 weeks. It has been 7 weeks. Today they said the heater shipped, it is lost, they put a tracer on it, and that my refund would take another 30 days. This order was cancelled. Refund has not been made as promised. This company has LIED to me three times and still has not refunded my money as promised with cancelled order. Linda Rogers
Caledonia, Michigan
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article