Poor Quality Service

I am a electrical contractor that specializes in automation systems for industrial facilities. I purchased a Hydro Smart Micro 120 boiler from Menard's. My system consisted of circulating water through the hydro smart boiler and returning to a 80 gallon buffer tank. When my pump would turn on and and begin circulating water the boiler would not heat. I contacted hydro smart and talked with a Mr. John Curtis. Right from the start he was extremely rude and was not willing to walk through any troubleshooting steps with me to resolve my issue, only that i had the wrong pump (even though my pump was the one hydro smart uses on their display) and my system would never work because i wasn't a contractor. I purchased a larger pump and installed it and the boiler still would not work. I contacted John again, and he continued to be extremely rude, almost yelling at me on the phone, not willing to try and troubleshoot my issue, again only to tell me that because i am not a contractor my system will never work, he asked me what pump i put on and told me again it was the wrong pump. I asked what pump do you recommend and he told me to purchase a Grundfos UP26-99 pump. I purchased and installed and my boiler still did not function. I contacted John again, trying to explain to him that there is something wrong with the boiler and not my system and again, he was very rude, yelling, now telling me that the Grundfos UP26-99 pump was to big for this boiler. Johns only resolution was to tell me just to take the boiler back to Menard's. (this is a special order item and cannot be returned) After being treated very poorly by John, i then called hydro smart and spoke to their parts department and ordered a new flow meter for the boiler, hydro smart refused to warranty it. (had to pay $100 for it). I installed the new flow meter, and my system is working just fine. Although my system is working, after being treated the way that i was by John and hydro smart i would prefer a refund.
ID
Elk River, Minnesota
Service
Hydro Smart Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article