Always refer to the Better Business Bureau

The Better Business Bureau is in the business or ACCOUNTABLE, reliable, accurate reporting on businesses. PLEASE always refer to the Better Business Bureau if you have any doubt or questions concering a business. Anyone can post negative reviews on the internet, however it does not make those reviews accurate and damages the reputation of good companies. Generally the negative reviews are due to people not understading the term of their purchase, thus they feel as though they have been done wrong. The Better Business Bureau is in the business or ACCOUNTABLE, reliable, accurate reporting on businesses. I cannot say it enough!

As long as you are a member of the Better Business Bureau and pay your dues you will get a favorable rating.

Lincoln, Nebraska
$20000

Stay away from Husker Exteriors, Inc.

have never taken the time to write and post a review despite many large purchases (including homes, multiple vehicles, electronics and other home renovations projects); including some very good and very bad experiences. However, after our horrible experience with Husker Exteriors, it was absolutely necessary. So you may find this review in multiple places, as we try to get the word out to hopefully save someone else the money and issues that we had. We will try to summarize the lowest points of this experience. We were high pressured by Jed Hartweg, owner and salesman, into signing on the day he came out to provide an estimate, including an incentive that we would not have to pay sales tax if we signed that day. The couple thousand that we saved in sales tax, was more than lost in "upgrades" due to the estimate being in error. We were shown six colors that we could choose from for the decking material, but then told the estimate was only for three of those colors and the one we chose was an upgrade. The railing was suppose to be cheaper because we were using black aluminum spindles, but then it came out we could only use those spindles with a white vinyl rail (would you want a white vinyl rail on black spindles on a walnut deck for a project that cost over $30,000?) and if we wanted a black railing we would have to upgrade to composite spindles that also cost more. A major reason that we contracted with Husker Exteriors was their sales-pitch and promise to manage the process from beginning to end; including coordinating with the hot tub company (Superior Spa and Pool of Lincoln, don't use them either) that they recommended. Total project time was supposed to be approximately four weeks to be completed no later than July 1. They started the project the week of April 12th and were not complete until July 30th. Due to delays between phases, including shingling the roof of the screen room and putting on the gutters, we had serious damage done to our yard that required we purchase several yards of dirt and our time to repair. Because they did not coordinate with Superior Spa and Pool at all we had to find an alternative method to get the hot tub into the screen room which resulted in renting equipment at our expense and more damage to our yard requiring more dirt as well as several yards of mulch to repair. They did not reimburse us for any of that. Weeks would go by between phases during which we would not hear from anyone. We would call Jim, general manager, to find out the status and would either get no return call or a new date that would not be met along with a rude demeanor. We sat down with Jed and Jim to explain all these issues and got straight-out lies from Jim and a head nod from Jed. There was no resolution. Just a sorry you didn't like the process, but you got a heck of a room and deck. The room and deck were because of the subcontractor we could have and should have hired ourselves. For $35,000, we better get a great end product.

I am responding to "Aryareal". I noticed you didn't use your real name either.

I doubt that the amount of people who submitted their complaints made them up.

There are too many people who submitted. We have NOT used this company and will NOT after reading the amount of negative comments.

Dear Steeler Fan:

We are so sorry you went through all the problems with Husker Ext. I only wish we would have read your comment BEFORE we hired them. You are 150% correct about Jed. He is a liar and will tell you anything to get the contract.

He is very fast to cash the checks we gave him, and very slow to start the job he promised us would be completed by August 1st. We haven't seen, heard from anyone from that company in a 2 weeks. We have called and called, even stopped by. The doors were locked, but we could see people inside. They ignored us.

For anyone who is looking to build a sunroom, have any type of home improvements done. DO NOT call Husker Exterios, Inc. I wouldn't even allow them to sweep my driveway.

#319070

ALWAYS check with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! You will get accurate information from them, not the slanderous information posted on this type of website.

Arya Real - Funny that doesn't sound like a real name. If you read my review you will note that I did discuss my issues with Jed and Jim.

And the weather did not cause their poor estimates, lack of communication with the spa company or their delays between stages of the project. Glad they worked out for you, but unfortunately you seem to be in minority.

I feel if any of these complaints were the truth, the person(s) posting should use their real names or better yet contact the company to resolve the issue. I have purchaed several projects from Husker Exteriors(siding in 2008,Windows,roof and gutters in 2011) I am VERY happy with their performance.

I do not believe for one second they took anyones money and ran. While NO company is perfect, and weather plays a big part with home improvement planning,think they did an amazing job and I have ZERO complaints!

Unbelievable how this company is still in business after they make promises that are never kept, phone calls never returned. The quality of work is HORRIBLE.

We had 5 windows installed. Each and every window was installed poorly. The installer told us he would fix the problem.

We are still waiting after 4 months.

The owner and sales person Jed is NOT to be trusted.

I agree 100% with everyone who submitted their complaints. Yes, there is high pressure of the owner and his sales staff.

We contacted BBB and there have been many bad remarks against this company. Poor quality of work, customer service, and the work was never done on time.

The office manager Linda is very rude and promises to call you back and never does. Run from this company, do not walk.

#209204

Why couldn't we have read this review before hiring this *** company? If we had, we would not be going through the frustration this company has caused our family.

Our calls never returned, office is NEVER opened, Linda the office manager is rude and even hung up on my wife after she asked Linda why Jed can't return our calls but can get our check cashed the same day he came out an collected the downpayment. We are waiting for our project to be completed for almost 3 months. We were told it would only take 2 weeks for our windows.

We need them in before Thanksgiving and I doubt our windows will ever be installed. Hopefully our attorney can help.

#204955

Hello to the above people who took the time out of their busy schedules to warn us about this company. I am looking to ad a sunroom and new siding to my home. After reading all the reviews I have decided to take my hard earned money to a different company.

#191805

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to write a review about Husker Exteriors, Inc. My wife and I were looking to have not one, but two sunrooms built onto our home that we building.

After reading everyone's comments, we have decided to go with another company.

We have also spoke with a few other individuals who had horrible experiences with this company.

God bless everyone.

View more comments (10)
ID
#193731 Review #193731 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lincoln, Nebraska

Do not use Husker Exteriors, Inc

Please do not use this Husker Exteriors, Inc. It's been 4 mos since they took our down payment and within one day they cashed the check. We haven't heard from them since. We have left message after message. Spoke to Linda at the office several times. She promised the owner would call. He didn't. The general manager Jim, promised the same. We have now hired an attorney to help us. This company claims we never signed a contract or gave them money. We have both items including the chk that cleared the bank. Do not use them.

I just fixed in addition that was put on by Husker Exteriors a few years ago they use 3/8 inch carriage bolts to hold up a 14 by 14 addition on top of that instead of putting the correct footings in they use the old deck footings which were extremely undersized now the addition raises and lowers with the weather kind of like Hydraulics LOL but please it's not funny don't use this company

Plan on spending twice as much on what you would, waiting twice as long as you normally would and not getting what was promised. Cleanup consisted of me going in the yard and picking up pieces left behind. Do as others have said and not use this company, you will be sorry.

#319064

#319059

ALWAYS check with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! You will get accurate truthful information from them, not the slanderous information posted on this type of website.

@Arya R

Jed Hartweg is a greedy ***! He gives American capitalism a bad name!

After reading what others have gone through, we have decided to take our sunroom business elsewhere. Thank you all for taking the time to write your reviews. We are very sorry you had to go through so much trouble with Husker Exteriors, inc.

Jed Hartweg and his company can go to ***. This f'ing *** lied directly to my face and told me and promised me that if I submitted a downpayment that day, he could order my windows the same day. What a lie. We went ahead and gave him a downpayment. Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 but 6 weeks later and phone calls to this ***'s cell phone and his office finally resulted in. . .no windows ordered. He claimed that his office manager lost the order, then it was the installers fault, then it was his wife's fault. We still haven't received our windows and we of course can't get our money back.

This company is not worth your time or money. I think it's sad that in this rough economy, Jed has to swindle people in order to make a buck.

I think this *** would screw his own mother over in order to make some money.

This company is nothing but a fraud. Owner, Jed Hartweg and his staff and crew of liars, cheaters, promise breakers need to be sued. It's been almost a year since we had windows installed. 5 of them were installed poorly. They leak and during the winter the cold blows right in. We contacted Jed several times and he kept telling us that they would be fixed. His window installer set up 4 appointments. My wife and I took days off of work to be at home to meet them. NO shows everytime. We would call the office and office manager Linda gave us excuse after excuse after excuse as to why nothing had been done.

We have now hired a company to come out and re-install the windows. We have hired an attorney to take this company to court.

Hope this helps someone out there.

This company needs to close their doors. We were promised by the salesman and owner that our windows would be installed before Christmas.

This was the first part of Nov. It's now after Christmas and no windows installed. They rescheduled our install not once, twice, three, but four times. We asked for our money back and we were basically told to go to ***.

We went into the office and the owner (Jed) lied right to our face and told us the window installer was seriously ill and at home under doctor's orders. Not true.

When the sales person called us back after leaving messages after message, he said no, the installer was not sick. This company is a joke.

View more comments (20)
Minneapolis, Minnesota

About

Summary

Husker Exteriors is a family owned and operated exterior home improvement company. It specializes in roofing and gutters, sunrooms, windows, and siding, etc. Husker Exteriors is based in Lincoln, NE. The full menu of roofing services offered by the company includes: Gutter installation and cleaning, Rain collection systems, Residential and commercial roofing, Re-roofing, Certified roof inspections as well as Roof repair. Husker Exteriors offers Gutter cleaning, the service helps to remove the leaves, nuts and twigs and to prevent water from flowing away from home. The window service from Husker Exteriors includes installation of Insulated windows, Magnetic windows, as well as Energy-saving windows. Siding is offered in a wide variety of styles, colors and trims, including: Aluminum, Engineered or Composite Wood, Stucco, Vinyl, and Wood Clapboard, etc.

Husker Exteriors reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article