Hunt Estate Sales Reviews

Show reviews that mention
estate sale sale people estate items money sales price experience hunt
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

Super company fantastic people five star company

Hunt Estate Sales - Super company fantastic people five star company
Hunt Estate Sales - Super company fantastic people five star company
Have been a dedicated follower of hunt est sales for three plus years they are fantastic I have never had any issues with them at all. Super people super company would highly recommend them. Richard Allen Watertown ma
ID
Pros
  • Super company
Cons
  • Absolutely none
Reason of review
Exactly as described/ advertised

Awful experience

While They can certainly unload your contents quickly for pennies on the dollar the negative experience of attempting to interact with these owners and have reasonable sensible dialogues and conduct that result in proper respectful relationship and sensible pricing was impossible and as a result made a hard situation unbearable and shocking at times. They have no clue how to respect the people they are hired to work for. They priced items far Below their current market value and bullied the owners by screaming and yelling rather than presenting supportive facts despite many requests to speak in a calm and mature manner. Often they lied about items trying to justify their low pricing ie bogus art appraisals using wrong images, bogus efforts to dump and run items by claiming items were not made of real Leather when they were then switching tactics with some other bogus claim. It was simply appalling to watch people try to rip you off without blinking and think they were actually getting away with it. And they did for the most part. Every interaction was a battle. It was exhausting and troubling. I had bad dreams for a month after dealing with them and left items behind I wanted take after seeing their appalling pricing just to avoid another world War 3 with them and wish I never hired them or let them into my home. What is worse, their contract is so one sided it is a joke. Efforts to block any owners reps from On site representation and oversight so you will never know what anything really sold for if cash was used or is under fifty dollars. I highly advise people To consider the sacrifice you make with to work with hunt estates and decide if the stress and risk is worth the reward. Welcome to crazy town.

This is Maggie Hunt, owner of Hunt Estate Sales, and I'd like to identify this reviewer as the estranged sister of a past client. An estate lawyer and sibling were cosigners on our contract and legal representatives of the estate.

We were directed by our client to refrain from addressing or responding to this person’s communications.

This person disregarded the terms that were executed in our contract and was verbally abusive towards myself and my staff. This review is a reflection of the reviewer and not an accurate portrayal of the services rendered.

Boston, Massachusetts

Very unhappy

Went to an estate sale last weekend. The staff was rude and would not help me with a price. By the time i could get help someone else purchased the item. Very unorganized. Very disappointed.

Welcome to the wonderful world of estate sales! They are fast paced as the items are priced to sell!

We use large format price tags and the way in which people purchase items is to remove the paper tag from the plastic sleeve, and it's most likely, as you describe the item not being priced, that this item was in the process of being purchased.

We welcome you to contact us, huntestatesales@***.com, with your feedback as a negative review doesn't help us to understand how we can continue our efforts to elevate our sales platform. #happyhunting

Not Happy!

Hired this company to conduct an estate sale and had a horrible experience. Im just at a loss for words.....

To whom it may concern,This website allows reviews without verification. We have a stellar rapport with all our clients.

This review is false, misleading and, honestly, hurtful to our business. You have had a "loss for words" because you are not, and have never been, a client of Hunt Estate Sales. We built this business on the basis of hard word, honesty, trust and referrals from past clients and professionals.We hosted a sale on 2/17 and 2/18 in Cambridge, MA. Here's feedback sent to our clients from the home's Real Estate Agent,"Went by several times.

Brought 150 buyer brochures, and all of them seem to have been taken early on. Hundreds of people came and are coming, no exaggeration. Maggie is excellent. For a bunch of very nice things, I spent over $1,000; she is a confident and very good saleswoman.

I saw some trying to bargain with her, but she stuck to her guns. Was impressed by her many assistants, too. They’re keeping a good eye on everyone. And the sale is organized, with no more than 30 buyers allowed inside at the same time.

A waiting line outside the house all day. Saw lots of known, wealthy, area residents of various ages, seriously scouring the goods for things of interest. Very strict doorkeeper. Looks like a bouncer, but quite polite.

Not going to be toyed with by anyone. People anxiously wait outside in silence until their turn arrives to enter the house. Then they rush in. Sale closes at 3 today, and it starts up again tomorrow at 10.

All quite successful!

I am impressed by Maggie’s efficiency and her presence of mind and graciousness, even in the midst of a super-busy, rather chaotic environment. She deals nicely with everyone."Now that's how you write a review!SincerelyMaggie HuntOwner, Hunt Estate Sales

ID

Hunt Estate Sales, over priced estate sales!

Hunt estate sales in the Boston area are very over priced. Maggie who runs the sales is not someone that should be in the estate sale business. Someone should tell her she's not on a reality TV show. It an estate sale. There are too many other sale companies that I would rather spend my money. Never again. I put a review on Yelp,it was removed. I was told that you could pay Yelp to remove a bad review. Is that true? Yelp review: Not an estate sale company I would ever go to again, prices are high, full retail. Just don't like the woman that runs the sales. Yells at people if they don't agree with the price. I saw her kick some out because they asked if the price could be reduced. When the customer said no thanks to the lower price she told them to leave. Phony is what comes to mind. So many other estate sale companies I'd rather go to.

Hi. Maggie here.

Your Yelp review was removed because it violated their terms of service. I'm pretty sure it was because of your name calling. This reviewer has left one star reviews for most of the estate sale companies in the Boston area; he left a five star review for Market Basket. My guess is he likes a bargain!

You are commenting from a buyers perspective but consider this was your family's estate you wouldn't hire the company that priced items below their value just so the buyers could walk away with a steal. Remember you must negotiate for your best deals at any estate sale as we are hired with a fiduciary duty to the estate. Your Yelp review didn't include the accusation that I kicked someone out of our sale for negotiating. That's a joke!

Negotiating is second nature at estate sales and we encourage and consider any and all offers.

It sounds like your upset. Next time start a conversation and I'm sure we can find a price to suit your budget.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Hunt Estate Sales Services Review from Burlington, Massachusetts

Stole my items Hunt estate sales in West Roxbury, they hardly sold anything would not use them again they stole my items for short money, so they could actually sell them later

Dear Anonymous,

I, Maggie Hunt, am the owner of Hunt Estate Sales and we have NEVER held a sale in West Roxbury. This complaint is a blatant lie.

At the conclusion of our sale events ALL unsold items become the property of the owner. We do not have a storefront, warehouse or storage facility. Post sale, should a client agree, we continue our sale efforts and put 100% of the sale price in our clients' pockets. This complaint should be deleted!

I've reported it many times.

Should you stumble across this post please help me in reporting this troll. Thanks for your support and Happy Hunting!

To Whom It May Concern,

Please note that we are in the business of liquidating items. The market decides the selling price not myself.

We use a network of appraisers and hours of research to place a value on items we sell. We do not purchase items from our clients for resale. We do not have a warehouse, retail store or online store. We are a young company and our integrity is our only resume.

We address our client's concerns as they arise.

As noted on the above comment, I do not believe you are or ever were a client. Should you wish to discuss this further do not hesitate to contact me.

View more comments (1)
Burlington, Massachusetts

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article