Phyllis L. Thies - Rotten DVM

Howdershell Animal Clinic - Phyllis L. Thies - Rotten DVM
My wife and I have always taken our house rabbits to Dr. Toepke, HE is a great DVM however upon arrival today, for our rabbit that kept sneezing and had a runny nose, we couldn't make an appointment to see him. We ended up with "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies...mistake! We have always weighed our pet carrier with our rabbit inside. Then when we are shown to a room, I take her out and then they go weight the carrier - some simple subtraction and ta-da! I don't have to expose my rabbit to a wide open waiting room filled with barking and snarling dogs where she is naturally the prey. This time since I weighed her beforehand I knew she weighed 6 lbs. When the vet assistant came out to take us to our room I plainly asked if she needed to be weighed. She said 'no'. After a half hour the assistant comes back and says that my rabbit must be weighed. Rather than do the PREVIOUSLY acceptable system of not exposing MY LOVED one to snarling dogs & the room filled with their scent I had to take her out and weigh her. To this - I clearly said in the waiting room where the scale is "This is so retarded! Look at that! Six pounds like I said she was." The end. We waited 45 minutes past our appointment and "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies finally comes in looking like I just killed an animal and says to me "I don't appreciate you calling my staff names." Obviously shocked I inquired as to what she's talking about. "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies states "My assistant tells me you called her a r*****. I don't need people abusing my staff." So naturally as anyone falsely accused would do I tell her that her staff is misinformed. I explained how PREVIOUS weigh-in's were acceptable and I don't like exposing my rabbit to all the dogs, especially elderly people who don't control or hold tight to the leashes. I told her that I stated the SITUATION was retarded. "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies re-states that it was "not tolerable" and proceeds to stare me down. I told her again her staff isn't hearing clearly, that I said the SITUATION was retarded and that I don't make a habit of calling people names. She AGAIN makes a comment that I was out of line. Before I say anything else SHE gets frustrated and before I speak again says to me "Would you like to see someone else?" To which I reply "MOST DEFINITELY as I originally wished to see Dr. Toepke as he is who has seen my rabbits before." "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies once again says with attitude "Good! He's right out in the hall I will go get him." 'THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!' I told her as she walks out. Then I hear her next door telling Dr. Toepke that she "can't deal with me and my verbal abuse". He knocks on the door and stands out in the hallway as if I'm the psychopath with a menopausal rage similar to what I saw in "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies... I re-explain the situation stating that I said the SITUATION was retarded and that the staff refused to weigh my rabbit the traditional way. He with MUCH more class states it was an unfortunate miscommunication and without any apology or belief of my side, HIS PAYING CUSTOMER, proceeds to professionally and dutifully take care of my rabbit. The one star above is for the ROTTEN bed-side-mannered, unable to listen, RUDE, uncaring, ACCUSATORY, "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies - if we were living in Apocalyptic times and I were injured severely, and IF she was the only doctor within a 100-mile radius and I needed surgery, I'd use a filthy, dirty nail file to take care of my own self before I let this dead-behind-the-eyes, RUDE, BRASH and IMPUDENT social R***** near me or anything I loved. EVERY time we have been in there it was perfectly fine to not further STRESS my bunny and expose her on the floor scale to a bunch of other taller animals that view her as their supper and bark at her. THE assistant whose name I didn't catch - if properly trained - should have been accommodating and offered to weigh my rabbit this way herself. It was Dr. Toepke that suggested the 'weigh her in the carrier' on our very first visit in the first place!!!!! My rabbit is ill, and may need to return. Dr. Toepke obviously thinking I am the problem and not his poorly trained staff pulled out his business card and circled his name and stated that I can see him from now on for my house-rabbit needs. Again, treating me like I was the problem. He was who I originally tried to get the appointment with in the first place. He neutered my male rabbit as well as put my other rabbit to sleep, both in a kind and caring manner. Luckily for his practice he has four other DMV's besides himself and the IMPUDENT "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies. If you have a skittish animal - proceed at your own risk of offending the all-knowing "Doctor" Phyllis L. Thies who apparently takes all statements from her poorly trained assistant that couldn't understand my simple and EASY request, as the gospel truth. She wasn't there but she treated me like she witnessed a verbally abusive tirade. I'm offended.

Bwahahaha, give me a break. Should have kept your cool instead of using such an offensive word in the first place.

@PissedConsumer900514

Offensive word? Perfectly good word you PC ***!

@PissedConsumer900519

So you must throw that word around a lot, huh?

@PissedConsumer900862

Just when dealing with epic retards - like you.

@PissedConsumer900519

Aww, lookie the skank is mad she got called out for being a ***.

View more comments (4)
ID
Saint Louis, Missouri

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article