Billing

The problem starts and ends with billing. They called my son less than 24 hours before his heart tests and told him his co-payment would be double the actual amount. In the "My chart" system, they made the same error (instead of $1,035.24 for all tests, they charged this per test "accidentally"). I spent hours calling various department. No answer. No one answers their phones at this place! I left message after message. No one returns calls. I called our insurance. They said the hospital was double billing--charging twice for the same services. I was forced to cancel my son's tests because they didn't answer the phone or return calls. After multiple phone calls on the day of the tests, a woman from finance eventually spoke with me and admitted the error--yes, they had double billed! "But not to worry because that was just an error!" The business practices are appalling. There is zero interest in patient care and no itemized billing. If you shop at HEB, you get an itemized bill. Here, you get a global figure and they double it!
ID
Southeast Montgomery, Texas
Service
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital Billing Department
Cons
  • Appalling service from finance department
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article