Love these guys.

We go to every House of Hamblin sale as we have found that try are the fairest and most reasonably priced company doing this work. Also, almost every estate we have attended in the past 4 years, and we go to at least one a week, the boxes and bags are left there by the early birds, who then sit in there cars etc. If you wish to be first in the door, you need to be there at least 1 hour early, which the people with the boxes are.
ID
Queen Creek, Arizona

Rude people running an estate sale

since when does a cardboard box hold your place in line? We attended an estate sale being put on by HOUSE OF HAMBLIN in mesa AZ. I haven been to their sales before and have enjoyed them. We showed up a few minutes early and there were maybe 10 people ahead of us in line The closer it got in time to open the doors more people showed up and just walked to the head of the line. Come to find out they had BOXES holding their place. Yep just an empty box. As doors opened people went in and not only I said something but others spoke up the the women that were running the sale and we were told that oh well first come first served. "We don't control what goes on outside". Yes I drove all the way across town to purchase a certain item and one of the "box people had already taken it. That's not why I am upset. The fact that this company lets this kind of unfairness goes on is unbelievable. I called the many number just a few minutes ago asking to speak to an owner of the company. The lady that was on the phone said she was co-owner(?) . I asked if she was at the sale last night and she said she was. I told her I wanted to speak to someone else so I could lodge a formal complaint. She asked what this was about and I told her and she accused me of cursing at someone last night and then she got very nasty with me on the phone and told me if I didn't like the way she ran her sale then DO NOT (her words, not mine ) come to any more of them. PEOPLE, I am just giving you my advice... stay away from this company. They are very rude people. They do very bad business. And They Price everything VERY VERY high.

Hamblin is the best estate liquidator in the area. They are always friendly and have a big following of satisfied customers.

I am one of them.

They no longer will allow markers because people were tearing up the landscaping and behaving badly. All at House of Hamblin do their best for their clients and their customers, are honest & fair and have the best prices of any estate dealer around.

They (House Of Hamblin) have recently discontinued this practice of place markers to hold a spot in line, unless one is on the premises. It had been getting out of control with buyers who didn't take advantage of leaving markers days in advance becoming upset at the ones who did (almost to the point of fistfights).

The ladies who run the sales have always been nice to me, and their prices are fair compared to some of the other estate sale companies out there. Sounds like Ommy didn't get her trinket one day, and this is a "sour grapes" retaliation.

I have read the comments above and lets just say this company is NOT one of my favorites!

Sorry, Put this is a normal practice with all Estate Sale complanies throughout Phoenix Metro. Buyers may place their box, rock, water bottle, bage, etc.

in line while they wait in their cars for the sale to open. What is not normal is allowing buyers to mark their places in line, days in advance. From what I understand, this Estate Company allows just such. Once the address is posted, folks begin to place markers.

I like the more gentlemanly approach that you must not leave the area and have to wait onsite (yes in cars!, otherwise you loose your place in line. For legal reasons I understand House of Hamblin's comments that they don't dictate or control what happens outside of the sale...though technically they do by allowing it to happen.

ha you either work for them or havent been treated rudely yet. just wait your turn is comming.

I'm with purpleangel in that I do not agree with your comments above! They have the best prices in town!

I am always telling my friends about awesome deals I find! I will always support House of Hamblin Estate Sales.

There workers are very helpful and friendly! :grin

:sigh Sorry I don't agree with the comments just stated above. House of Hmblin has always been friendly and business like team.

They also state that u can put a marker out side the door on their sale annoucement. If there is something you really want just call them and they'll help u.

I think they are a great estate team and I plan to keep going. Sorry if you had a bad experience

View more comments (6)
ID
Phoenix, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article