Verified Reviewer

Timeshare scam

I called Hotelscorp on Aug. 21 in response to an online ad for a sale to get a disney ticket for $59. The rep said she could get me one ticket at that price and a hotel room at Westgate Resorts for $76.89, all I needed to do was give word of mouth to friends and family about how nice the hotel was to help orlando businesses and theme parks get more business since they've been badly effected by the coronavirus and take a tour of the resort. They did not say that I needed to meet any requirements or that this was a timeshare deal. They mentioned the phone call was recorded and I told them I would record the call too and they were ok with that. They never said it was a requirement that I needed to make a certain amount of money to be eligible for the promotion. When I checked into the run down, dirty resort they asked me to fill out some paperwork which asked how much money did we make a week. We are self employed so our sales are up and down every month and since our business was also effected by the coronavirus our sales were down that week so I put the average for that week but annually we make over $50,000 a year. The customer service rep at Westgate Resorts said we weren't eligible for the promotion and couldn't release the disney ticket to us because we didn't make enough money. I explained to them that we were self employed and sales are up and down every week and month but our yearly income is over $50,000+, we have tax returns that prove we make more than $50,000 a year but we were still denied. I told them that no one told us or stated in any written agreements sent to us by the resort that there were any requirements such as making a certain amount of money every week to be eligible for a discounted disney ticket. They told me that all calls are recorded so if the customer service rep who I talked to on the phone didn't specify that I had to meet a certain financial requirement than that is their mistake and they will refund my money back, and they gave me a phone number to call. They also didn't mention anything about having to pay a $184.35 fee either that they charged my card for a week or so after we stayed one night at their horrible, run down, dirty resort. Our room was dirty, and we found a couple roaches crawling around and it smelled bad. You should read the reviews online before staying at Westgate Resorts in Orlando, most of them are negative and this is barely a 2 star resort and I know they will be closing down soon with the condition of the hotel and the way they scam people. I called the phone# that the resort employee gave me to call to get a refund and mentioned that the call was recorded to prove that no one ever mentioned that I had make a certain amount of money to prove I was telling the truth, but she said she could not refund me. These people are scammers. They don't disclose full details to you in writing or on the phone. They just send you a short email confirmation with resort reservation details and than charge you an additional $184.35 because they know they're not making any money by giving you such a low rate on a hotel stay. The resort is old, dirty and run down and they obviously need to steal people's money to struggle to stay open. DO NOT EVER STAY AT WESTGATE RESORTS OR FALL FOR ANY ONLINE ADS SUCH AS ORLANDPARKDEALS.COM, ORLANDO-FLORIDA.NET, NEW.ORLANDOPARKEALS.COM, ALL SCAMS!

User's recommendation: Don't fall for the discounted disney tickets and have agreement in writing before you agree to anything, dispute any charges with your credit card company.

ID
Service
Hotelscorp Westgate Resorts Room Booking
Cons
  • Scammer
  • Lied about the requirements for discounted disney ticket
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article