Thoughtless, Heartless, Uncaring Staff at Hotel Morales

If you’re looking for a hotel to stay in Guadalajara, choose any hotel EXCEPT for the Hotel Morales. My husband and I booked a weekend stay in Hotel Morales. On Saturday, we were attacked on the street near the hotel, and staggered back to the lobby. We were in critical condition, and nobody on staff seemed to care in the slightest. Our children then flew in to be with us, and we requested to extend our stay and add a room to accommodate the kids. We were told that there was no more availability. There was zero sensitivity to our situation. They didn’t even make an attempt to help us book another hotel. They basically kicked us out of the hotel while my husband lay in critical condition in the hospital. It was just “goodbye and good luck.” Then, shockingly, when they gave us the bill for the hotel, they had the audacity to charge for “room damage,” because my husband had lost his balance and passed out while waiting for the ambulance, and crashed his head into a glass framed picture on the wall and cut his forehead very badly. And right there, on the bill, as they kicked us out to fend for ourselves, was a charge for the broken picture frame. My daughter explained why the picture frame was broken, and they acknowledged that they understood. But that didn’t stop them from adding $60 for a cheap picture frame that doesn’t cost more than $20. Not only did they charge for it, but they were out to make a profit from our misery. I’ve never seen such disgusting behavior than that demonstrated by the staff at Hotel Morales. Everyone else we dealt with – the airlines, the healthcare – was caring and sensitive. They were all wonderful, everyone except the people at Hotel Morales. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps the person who prepared the bill was unaware of the situation. So I went back to the hotel to speak to the manager, Matias Santana. He told me that he knew what had happened, and said simply “Sorry sir, that’s your problem.” They gave us no help at the time of the emergency, they threw us out of the hotel when our stay was over, and made no attempt to help us find another hotel. And then they had the gall to demand payment at a profit for a cheap picture frame that broke when my husband’s forehead crashed into it. I don’t know what kind of people they are, but believe me, you don’t want to find out. Do yourself a favor and stay ANYWHERE except for Hotel Morales.

I can't imagine ever looking for a hotel stay anywhere in Mexico, ever.

ID
Guadalajara, Jalisco
Service
Hotel Morales Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article