Verified Reviewer

Misleading and dishonest

Hot Rock Paving - Misleading and dishonest
Hot Rock Paving - Misleading and dishonest
Smooth talker - bad news - after the job was finished he told me -> Call me next spring and will give a very good deal on some extra tar spay --- which at the time I found very strange, but after 4 months I realized this is a very smart rip-off artist - STAY AWAY -

User's recommendation: stay away.

Niagara Falls, Ontario
Pros
  • Fast
finish the job properly --- NOT substandard

Verified Reviewer

Not pleased

I had my driveway paved with tar and chips one year ago it looked great. But the weeds grew up through it. when i cut the grass iI have to cut the driveway too. I called hot rock twice and ask if they had away to deal with this problem they said would look at it,they never came so I guess they dont have a remedy I dont think he intended to come .

User's recommendation: save your money.

I am the owner of hot rock paving I do not know who you are please call and provide your name and address 800 373 **** thanks

ID
Pros
  • Good to do business with
Cons
  • It didnt last weed grew through it
Let the company propose a solution

1 year later and huge holes.

We had Hot Rock do our entire driveway tar and chip just over a year ago. After one winter we had huge holes. Called for months trying to have them come repair. We were told verbally during initial tar and chip that it came with a ten year warranty. Every time I called I would get a different reason why they couldn’t come and had no idea when they could. They never called once in six months to follow up. They never even came by to see how bad it was. Finally got frustrated with owner and he then began saying “we don’t warranty our work, show me your receipt”. At that point I knew they were playing games. I called another well known company in gta and they were out within three days to look. The other local company slipped us into their schedule as they said it would get way worse over the winter. They came a few days later at end of day and repaired the driveway. We had to pay another company $1800 out of pocket to repair Hot Rocks tar and chip job.

Email me the bill from the other company Hotrockpaving@***.ca

I was told by you hat you would not likely be there before end of season... you told me “you didn’t know when you could come” and expressed concern about it getting worse over the winter.

You advised “you could not give a time frame when you could come at all”.... first times I was told because of rain and another time told because of a truck being held by tow company... which I didn’t not understand because you run multiple crews. We called another company and they also were concerned it would get worse over the winter with heave and thaw.

They came promptly within a week as they felt it was important so before frost came. We have already paid the $1800 out of pocket to the other company. I got sick of calling you months after month with no answer other than “not sure when we can make it out”. You proceeded to hang up the phone on me when there was discussion of small claims court and having our lawyer involved.

I was told by your father who also came to the house the day it was being done (who had previously done the drive for my in-laws years before that the driveway would be guaranteed for ten years.... which was why we doubled the amount of tar and chip area we did). I don’t want to sit here and debate if you have a warranty or not. Buyer beware I guess.

If I had not been told there was a warranty I would of never called you back to fix it.

If you want to settle the bill with us you have my address and phone number.... but I won’t be surprised to not hear from you as usual.

Hi this is Bill from HOT ROCK PAVING The owner we don’t offer warranties if you can show me the warranty I will honour it I told you I would be there before The end of the season that’s not quick enough for you because you’re listing your house tell the other company to call me before they do the work and I will settle the bill with them directly thanks sorry for the inconvenience

View more comments (2)