Verified Reviewer

Rebuilt parts

I bought a used 2011 Kia Soul for my soon to 16 year old daughter from Horne Kia . Fast forward to February 8th 2021, while my daughter is driving down the freeway it begins smoking heavily. I had to towed to my mechanic where is was discovered the seal blew off the transmission. Transmission fluid covered the car, and could have ignited. Upon cleaning the vehicle out, I find the previous owners information in the glove compartment, including service records.style=" I called Horne Kia Service department and discovered they put not one, but TWO rebuilt transmissions in the vehicle before I purchased it. They did not disclose when I bought the vehicle. st When I called Josh Bauman the General Manager he stated that he was not required to disclose rebuilt parts in vehicles they sold and compared it to a new clutch. Horne Kia has made no attempt to do the right thing. They are legally, ethically and morally responsible for putting my daughter in a dangerous situation.

User's recommendation: Do not buy a used vehicle from Horne Kia as they hide information about their vehicles.

ID
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Dangerous
  • Deceitful
Loss
Preferred solution
A vehicle of comparable value to the vehicle I purchased.

HORNE KIA

Total deception met with hostility........read all of your contracts, watch for the Switch-a-Roo back in the finance office. Never sign something and then have them reprint it because you allegedly signed in the wrong spot .....numbers will change and they wont be in your favor! Watch our for their service contract , represented as oil changes, filters etc .....this $199.00 fee turns into almost a $1,000.00 service contract. Gap insurance is a $600 dollar item they will push upon you......my insurance carrier provided this for a one time $29.00 charge. Clever folding of paperwork so you think your signing up for one thing and you actually get something else..... is their best trick of all. (this guy must have worked a carnival) By far this is the most unbelievable pack of car selling wolves in sheep's clothing I have ever met! First words your going to hear is how the place is run by a nice Christian family P.L.E.A.S.E. Making profit is one thing, doing it illegally is another......took me one of those fancy attorneys to unwind my deal.Don't be fooled by these seemingly nice people, wait until something goes wrong ....wait and see how truly vicious these people become including the Sales Manager who is a complete tool......he actually blamed me for their fraud and deception. So you don't take responsibility for any of this he stated in a raunchy manner.......Why would I take any responsibility for your fraud I replied.I wouldnt buy a hubcap from these people yet alone an entire vehicle!
ID
Addison, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article