Honest Auto Repair Shop Car Part Replacement Review

On 19FEB16 I took my Xterra in for them to replace the plugs, plenum gasket and valve cover gasket. Needless to say, my vehicle never ran so horibly as it did when they got done with it. If I wanted it done like that I would have hired a drunk monkey.
Mountain View, California
Service
Honest Auto Repair Shop Car Part Replacement
Reason of review
Bad quality

Honest 1 Auto? Yeah Sure Thing

They're not at all honest, knowledgable or cheap. Take your car in for one thing and it will come out even worse. I was told that they can replace a seal in my gas tank for $123.00. THey called back and said the tank was cracked and to replace it with a junk yard tank would be $500.00... To save money I bought a tank at the local junk yard and gave it to them and they said the bill would be $235.00. Well they called back and told me they could not use it because the lines had been cut. Their excuse is the lines were heat shrunk on by the factory and they could not perform that therrefore the tank needed to be returned and to get a new one. TO make a long story short they decided to use some J.B. Plastic Weld on it and hope for the best. The fix lasted 3 days and I am back to square one and out a total of about $400.00 and they didn't even replace the seal.

Honest-1 has been great for me. All of there stores around the west have been used by our company and by my family in Vegas many times 10 of 10 on my rating scale :)

Sounds like you learned a hard lesson about buying used parts. I wouldn't blame that on the shop.

I have used Honest-1 Auto Care in Phoenix several times and would recommend them to anyone. They are friendly, take time to explain the repairs, and always professional.

Where was this done at?

View more comments (2)
Las Vegas, Nevada

Honest/reliable auto repair in Santa Ana, CA

This positive comment is about mechanic shop of "Best Auto" located at 2220 W. First Street in Santa Ana. I've never used the body shop under the same roof (different owner.) An older guy owns the place, and has been doing not only excellent work but totally honest for me for the past 15 years. For example, I'd ask him to replace all breakpads, but he would inspect & tell me that only the front (or back) needs to be replaced. He would also tell me whether I need to use more expensive dealer parts (I've had newer imports) or "generic" parts would work. I never bother to look at his estimates because his final bill always surprises me - almost always less than what I expect to pay. Even my dealership service rep is aware of him and usually sends me back to him if not covered by warranty. Just sharing this info because I know how valuable an honest & reliable mechanic could be (especially to a single woman like myself.) The guy doesn't even know that I am writing this review. I just hope that he doesn't retire any time soon.
ID
#119389 Review #119389 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Aliso Viejo, California

About

Honest Auto Repair shop Warranty
To read more: https://www.honest-1.com/warranty
Honest Auto Repair shop Privacy Policy
This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. What personally identifiable information is collected from The User through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared. What choices are available to The User of company services regarding the use of The Customer's data. How The Client of Honest Auto Repair shop would be informed about changes to this policy in the future. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of The Client's information. Third-Party Data Collection by Company's website. How The Customer can correct any inaccuracies in the information. The User may opt out of any future contacts from Website at any time. The Client of Honest Auto Repair shop can do the following at any time by contacting www.honest-1.com via the contact methods listed in (7. www.honest-1.com may change or update this privacy policy periodically in compliance with changing laws and regulations. It is the visitor's responsibility to read over this privacy policy to see if any changes or updates have been made since their last visit to the site.
To read more: https://www.honest-1.com/privacy-policy
Top Honest Auto Repair shop Services

Car Part Replacement

Summary

Honest Auto Repair Shop is a network of repair shops which are spotted all over the country. Honest Auto Repair Shop offers such services as 1-Point Inspection, Factory Recommended Maintenance, Tune-Up, Undercar Services, Underhood Services, Check Engine Light, Automotive Repair, Brake Repair, Brake Fluid Exchange Service, Engine Repair, Oil Change, and Transmission Service. It also provides Air Conditioning, ECO Services, ECO Tune-Up, Fuel Systems, Cooling Systems as well as Preventative Maintenance, etc. The centers of the company across the country maintain an upscale lobby with features like leather easy chairs and couches, sparkling tile floors, complimentary soft drinks and bottled water, gourmet coffee stations, large flat-screen televisions, secure children's play areas, pristine restrooms, and exceptionally clean work areas.

Honest Auto Repair shop reviews and complaints

Honest Auto Repair shop is ranked 336 out of 1737 in Service Centers and Repairs category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article