Guest Dbi
map-marker Van Nuys, California

Cheater, Fraud, Liar

Her lies cost me a lot!!!! Had to take her to court to reimburse the expenses, she showed up with an attorney and bargained herself a minimum judgement.

Judgement awarded was nothing compared to the expenses, hassle, headache she caused me. So not worth!

She was buyer's (my) agent, Everything in my home-buying was constantly changing, she avoided her duties and promises on the name of sick family, eloped on a vacation. I got my home-buying reviewed by an attorney and learned how she did it. Will take her to court again once I get money for the attorney.

Bottom line- She is very well set with misrepresentations/false promises and keeping tracks covered with an attorney.

I was sorry she was my first home-buying agent.

an extremely unpleasant memory/experience. Works for HomeSmart Evergreen Realty HomeSmart Professional Partner Realty

Loss:
Cons:
  • False promises
  • Misrepresentations
  • Disappearance

Preferred solution: Full refund

Fraud Agent, Cheat Broker

Agent Julie K Chao AKA Julie Kwan Chao scammed me in my homebuying! I told her my conditions of buying a home and she used those to make sure I buy home and promised conditions were not met!

She simply disappeared on me. She was unavailable for final walkthrough, used "mom's surgery" to sham the matter. Sent me walk-through documents and contingency release documents to sign in exchange of $1000!

I reached Broker Marie Hischier to pursue the matter, she reported me as Bipolar, Reported me to PD to force me to stop contacting them, and sent legal notice to remove my reviews and asking me to stop talking about it! I have emails about whole matter.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Fraud
  • Lack of complaints resolution department
  • Scam
Fraud, deception

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Guest

HOMesmart is the worst company ever do not go thru them to buy/sell your house

Mina Pzw
map-marker Los Angeles, California

Fraud Broker /Cheat Agent

Homesmart International - Fraud Broker /Cheat Agent
Homesmart International - Fraud Broker /Cheat Agent - Image 2

Beware of this agency, Don't let them play you!

Here is a story of how they will get you.

This was my first property transaction. My closed on third offer with the same agent, Agent saw that I drop the offer when seller doesn't negotiate or accept my terms. So in third offer agent decided to mislead me that seller accepted all my terms, got the guys on the field to show that seller is doing the changes and disappeared with open items.

Agent: Julie Kwan Chao

1. Their agent tricked me into closing saying property fixes will be done, I should focus on the lined up tenants (Reality-those were in progress when I closed).

2. Agent arranged home cleaning & bought me locks, blinds to win my trust (I was her honey until I realized how she scammed me)

3. Agent disappeared once she got funds. She said someone will contact me for getting work done. Nobody did.

4. This was my third offer through the agent, and she saw me backing off when seller doesn't agree to my terms. She hide things from me, and she was too much interested in letting this deal happen that she avoided negotiation rounds.

EVIDANCE- She let the seller keep the rent for the property they did not own, she with held the rent to me for 16 days. She worked tenants estopple after ESCROW told she is supposed to work on it.

5. She left for vacation and 2 days later, She emailed me asking me to sign the documents so that she can credit me for appliances (Reality-she missed those even after requesting). Documents said, I received property in the way it was when I made offer (Reality- Property had more damages as tenants and owner occupied the property )

*****I must say agent has a lot of guts to ask me to sign papers this way******

*****!She must have done this before!*****

How to make them accountable: Small claims court.

Broker: Marie Hischier

1. Rudest & biased person who blindly takes agents' (their cash cow's) side.

2. She was not apologetic to me until I reminded her that it has been 12 days and I haven't yet heard "Sorry for your experience"

3. She discovered that agent has misinformed her about credit being processed to me. Broker did make sure agent mailed me credit & rent check. But even after this, she did not realize that Agent has not been true to broker.

4. I live in the house where fixes are pending, Agent agreed to those in emails, nobody has contacted me to close on those but this Broker informed BBB that fixes are scheduled (Liar Liar, Shameless Liar!)

5. Broker reviewed list of fixes and emailed me that I am looking for a brand new house! Well, Agent should have said same thing before I closed!

6. Broker also tried to report me to police to stop the communication from me

Broker promotes agents who trick clients to bring the business.

They are a big joke on the name of being in service industry stay away from them and save yourself from frustration, headaches, agonies.

Loss:
Cons:
  • How im being charged wrong
  • Rude regional manager
  • Rude staff and misleading agents

Preferred solution: Full refund

map-marker Oceanside, California

Homesmart West doesn't have a business model that functions and works for their agents

As an longtime agent with an starting investment and erros and ommission prepayment with HOMESMART to get up and running of about fifteen hundred dollars, as my example, you are stuck when they refuse to pay you your hard earned commissions earned. Their TC service, inconsistent individuals, study each form over and over, with a magnifying glass, it seems, for any missing box checked. They come back to you for redundant forms and forms that do not apply. Just because they can, not because the form applies to your transaction. Six weeks later, still no pay in sight, an uncooperative buyer's agent, unwilling to supply any more forms, especially ones she doesn't agree with, and still more sudden company requests to go back for more initials and signatures.

If you want to waste your time as an agent attempting to mold to their ineffective system, you have been warned by a veteran agent that hates to see other agents, abused. It appears this company is set up to be an online, low cost transaction system, but they charge you fines and penalties - in my case, two attempts in six months. Right now they are trying to make me pay five hundred dollars for the buyer's agent that would not willingly return the forms. I have a stack of repeated requests to this agent for the forms and it is my fault. Their TC supervisor set by and did nothing to help when asked over and over and is interested in covering her back, now, six weeks later. When I asked her to call the buyer's agent office and help by asking the office manager for the refused forms, over and over, I was completely ignored. They collect penalties, fines, interest on your money, and probably completely retain agent's money who give up trying to collect it from them. Oh, you sent the commission instructions with the batch, you have to send it to this other email was one of the latest excuses - which I have no knowledge of ever hearing about before - that's another holdup for the pay, also. Will they print it out when it is staring them in the face and help their agent, my experience says no, they won't and haven't in my case trying to retrieve forms from a reluctant agent on the other side. Best to keep everything in writing via email so you protect yourself and limit your phone conversations is my advise.

By the way, they want all of the forms. There are few they don't make you go get and they are to be complete without any boxes what so ever, unchecked. You end up earning about a dollar an hour if you ever satisfy the company requirements. We will see if, I, a 12 yr, experienced agent who has always handled her own files and forms, can even satisfy them. If I can't, what agent can-I have had years of legal training...

My credit card had expired, they tried to charge me my monthly office fee and they wanted a fine from me, which I refused. As an agent, it looks like you are going to be fined over and over, your money held until you put your foot down and take the next step to force them to pay you. Their system is set up poorly. Their uploads do not take for the online system. You are asked to do it again and again. Five times uploading is my experience so far and they still ask you again and again to reupload the same files. This is because their upload is done in an undefined, messy batch without any organization. You save time at the office - in fact - if you go there, you aren't allowed into the office, is my experience so far. The orientation we attempted to attend right after joining the co was not held, afterall, we were turned away at the reception desk, sent on our way to come back again another time. I was called a liar when I revealed the truth to their supervisor, yesterday. I am at the end of my rope and writing up a report for the BRE. Enough is enoughwith the agent disrespect and abuse.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Disregard for hard working agents
REAL ESTATE AGENT, EMPLOYEE ABUSE

Preferred solution: A brokerage is suppose to be on the same team as their agents.

Guest

TAKE THEM TO COURT, I did and WON.It was easy, Agents have no clue of CA regulations and duties and liabilities so blurted out the non compliance.Agents/Broker/Owner uses my family/safety as an excuses to manipulate clients into not providing with basic services, case losses.Agent bargained discount from me stating her mother was sick, in court she said her 'faw...aw...aw..ther' was sick and in reality she was vacationing in Hawaii......BEWARE...

map-marker Glendale, Arizona

Homesmart International - Review in Real Estate category from Glendale, Arizona

The realestate guy I used was douglas lemus at homesmart in monrovia ca He frecken sucks , hes a thief people dont use his . Warning everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

A real estate industry expert, Ty Wilde, shares his insights on whether to buy or build a house, what to consider when dealing with real estate agents, home inspections, and what to think of when investing your money.

Read full article
Ty Wilde
Ty Wilde

Brands Related to Homesmart International

RealSmart Agent reviews and complaints

RealSmart Agent

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article