Resolved

Resolved: Homeadvisor - Did not received my $50 Check

Hi Deborah, We're sorry to hear you've had this experience. We're happy to look into this further and verify we're sending your check to the correct location. We've forwarded your concerns to the proper channels and a rep will be following up to assist you. If there's any additional assistance we can offer in the meantime please feel free to reach out to us at emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
rewards check scam
My $50 reward check
Tags
  • Home Advisor Website Scam
2.0

I submitted 5 reviews to HomeAdvisor.com and was due a rewards check for $50. The check was approved for issue on 9/28/18.

I never received the check, I called on 11/15/18 to inquire why I had not received the check and was told by "Alex: that they would place a stop payment on it and reissue another one and I should expect to recieve it in 9 week.... Well 9 weeks later NO CHECK. I called again today, 01/10/19 and Alex told me that I would now have to call their fulfillment center to request ANOTHER REPLACEMENT CHECK.

She had done all that she could do. So I called and spoke to "Cathy" who says she'll send through a request to find out what happened to the original check because she didn't see a request for a second check and now I have to wait another 9 weeks to probable be told the same lies all over again!!

Don't use this company!!!

Resolved

Resolved: Homeadvisor Rewards check never sent

Hi Adam, We're happy to look into this matter further and apologize for any inconvenience. We have forwarded your concerns to our rewards team who will be reaching out to further assist you. If there is any other help we can offer in the meantime please feel free to follow up with us at emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
Bad quality

I have hired 4 pros through homeadvisor, thinking that after I hired the 3rd I would promptly receive a $50 rewards check. This is one of the main reasons I used the service to begin with.

The first two reviews I submitted were quickly approved and showed up on my Rewards progress. It has now been several weeks since submitting reviews 3 and 4, and although they have been "approved" to show up on their site, my Rewards progress still shows only the first 2. I contacted customer service last week and was told that the rewards team was in the process of "verifying" my reviews. Hmm, well the first two reviews were verified very quickly, but when it comes time for them to pay $50, it somehow becomes very slow...

Has anyone actually been paid $50 as part of this program, or is it just something they dangle to pull in customers with no intention of paying?? This is feeling like one big SCAM!

Homeadvisor - Rewards Program-A "Maybe" Chance for a $50 Check

We're sorry to hear about your experience, we take your ability to review our pros very seriously and greatly appreciate you using our pros. We have forwarded your concerns to our rewards team and they are currently working to expedite the verification process for you. If there is any further assistance we can offer in the meantime, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
Homeadvisor Rewards Program
Cons
Very poor customer service and operation of rewards program
Poor customer service
Send me the rewards check for $50.00

I hired 3 contractors through Home Advisor and all work was completed and reviewed by May 18, 2017. On that date, I gave a 5 star review of this last contractor which detailed the drywall work he completed.

In checking the rewards cite, it noted that the status of the last project was "under review". The definition of this stated that Home Advisor was confirming my review and it would take 2 to 5 days to complete and I would be notified if there was an issue. On May 31, 2017, I spent over 1 hour trying to contact the rewards department and could only get voice mail. 4 different customer service agents tried but could not get the department to answer their phones.

Finally, a customer service supervisor sent an email to Lisa in that department to call me. Lisa did call and said there were only 3 people in her department and they could not answer all the calls and preferred having customers leave a voice mail. As to last project being under review, she said that the web page was wrong and they did not have to complete their review in 2 to 5 days and that it was in the Terms and Conditions that they had 30 days. I asked her to review that with me to point out where in the terms and conditions it stated they had 30 days.

She did so and admitted it was not in there but she then asserted that there was no time limit on how long they could take to review my review. Really, so why should I expect that I will receive the $50.00 reward check anytime in the near future.

This is no way to run a reward program or any business. Very disappointed in Home Advisor.

HOMEADVISOR REWARD PROGRAM

Hi Patrick, We're sorry to hear this, we greatly appreciate you hiring our pros. We do require work to be completed in order for that review to count towards the reward and, based off of your review descriptions, we don't see that you have met that eligibility at this time. We are more than happy to speak with you further about this matter, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com if you would like a rep to reach out to assist. -HASupport
Homeadvisor Rewards Program
Cons
Customer service is bunk
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

I hired 3 pros from Homeadvisor but one doesn't show anywhere except in my Fav Pros which they say is no proof I hired them through HA yet I can prove I hired them. Because of their reward program, I hired 2 other pros to qualify for the $50 reward offered.

I've had nothing but runarounds from their c/s; sent 2 email about this which were never responded to and Ken in c/s promised to send me a copy of his email to the rewards program which he never did. Lisa called me from the rewards program and just got more *** from her. Now I don't know why they don't show me hiring the one pro which I hired before the others but they will not honor my word that I did and offer no other solution. She slipped in the notion that that the reward program only started 01-06-17 as if my hires were before that but you'll see in my attached photo all were after 02-20-2017.

I hear that the parent company that runs HA is buying out Angies List. Great now they'll have a monopoly and you'll never get anything from them in the way of customer service.

They just lost me as a customer unless I can find some service like weeding for $50 or thereabouts so I can finally get my due reward. But after that it's hasta la vista, baby BTW, I'm posting this on ripoffreport as well.