Product: Homeadvisor Membership Clear all filters (6 of 6 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Homeadvisor - Major Scammers

They charge you for all calls even thought call clearly says you only pay for calls accepted. They send out the same calls to several different contractors and charge them all even if you don't get the job. I've asked for call credits several times and representative will tell you "yes we'll credit your disputed calls " but credit never shows up on your account. Many complaints and a major class action lawsuit are currently against this company. I refused to pay them and they will send to collections and you'll need to sue them for illegal charges in small claims court. Major bullying scam company.

Homeadvisor - Complete Scam

I only had to work for one week to realize how they steal your money. Of course, I claimed a refund and almost one month today I haven't received it. They said my account would be on hold to allow the refund but now the closed it and nothing. It is incredible. I would like to know how to open a demand against this company, they are stealing a lot of people daily. They charge you for each lead they sent to you and four or five contractors at the same time when only one maybe do the job. Impossible to claim a credit. It is a complete scam.
Homeadvisor Membership
Cons
  • Total scam
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Homeadvisor in New York, New York - Dont sign up with them they are scam

Hi Mark, Thank you for reaching out. We would be happy to address any concerns you have. If you would like to speak to a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639. -HASupport
Problems with payment

this mark computer repair i sign up with homeadvisor month ago and when i sign up they told is membership fee and is no obligation to cancel anytime on the phone so after 2 days i call ed to cancel but they hang up on me and trying to gave me a credit of 100 dollars to try it again and after one week i called back to cancel the membership they told no refund so i called my credit card company to dispute the amount so homeadvisor send me to collection instead of reply back to the dispute i did thru my credit card company and i didnt sign anything tho

Homeadvisor - Hme Advisor will not cancel you membership and refund your money

Hi Stuart, We're sorry to hear about your concerns. It appears you did not cancel within our refund window and disputed the charges with your bank. This forces a refund outside of our terms of service which is why your account was sent to collections. We're happy to further address any questions or concerns you have about your old account if you call Customer Care at 877-947-3639.

-HASupport

Homeadvisor Membership
Cons
  • Suck
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

I cancelled my account with Home Advisor within the alloted time frame and they still charged my CC and sent my account to collections. Are they that desperate?

I called and cancelled account that would normally be the end of it with a real professionally run company. Please stay as far away from Home Advisor as possible as they suck. Are they so desperate for my 300.00 that they send my account over to collections even after I have never used there service?

Must be. You would think they would not want the negative publicity but apparently that is not an issues for them as they are used to people that hate there service.

Homeadvisor - Scam scam scam

Hi John, We're sorry to hear this, we're always happy to address any account and billing concerns. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HASupport
Review
#1197261 Review #1197261 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Problems with payment

I was ripped off by HA for over 1500.00 on bogus leads and membership fees.TOTAL AMERICAN GREED!!!!

Homeadvisor's reply to:

Homeadvisor in Carmi, Illinois - Charged my account after I had cancelled my membership

Hi Huley,

We're sorry to hear about your concerns, it appears you have been able to resolve this matter with a rep. If there is any further assistance we can offer please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com or the resources you've been provided.

HASupport
Review
#1191574 Review #1191574 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Homeadvisor Membership
Pros
  • What i was told when i signed up for this service
Cons
  • Cost of leads and fake leads that was sent to me
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Tags
  • Unsolicited Leads And Charges
1.5

My credit card was charged automatic even after I didn't request that my service be renewed, They were no help in stopping my payment to them or to cancel the service I am not using making me think they are just a big rip off to the consumer. After talking to a service rep. from Homeadvisor I was sure they were not going to help me get my money back so I have contacted my bank and I think they will be a great help in disputing this charge and getting a refund, I would suggest any person wanting to get customers and starting a business look at another party to work with any you will have a lot better results than homeadvisor provides and a lot less fake calls and cost for leads