Homeadvisor - Quit calling me

I am a general contractor who gets these calls, Hey, Gladys I am going to make you rich, I immediately say who is this because someone I don't know doesn't get to act like they are a long lost friend. When they finally tell me they are Home Advisor I say thank you but I do not need your service.

The next thing I know I get asked personal questions like How much business do you do? what was last years take? How do you get customers? Then I get mad and say do not call again.

First of all I do not owe you an explanation of why I don't want to do business with you. You are a voice on the phone.

Really? So my new strategy is going to be a response like "what color is your underwear so they can flag my business as kooky and quit calling".

Homeadvisor Leads
Review #1539191 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1539191.

Homeadvisor - Bad leads, business practices and terrible customer service

While talking to this company about the poor quality of leads and my company being charged for leads on services we do not provide, I told them that I did not want to renew unless I received a credit for the leads. While I was waiting for the response, they sent my account to collections and added the annual renewal fee.

When I called to talk with them about it they said, "sorry, it's out of our hands once it is sent to collections."

This company is terrible. I will never consider working with them again and would caution any small business from using the service they offer

CurvyWhiteTiger
Poor customer service
Price reduction
Review #1538481 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Homeadvisor - Class action lawsuit

False leads, not refunding unreturned calls from leads and other leads turned out to be people not to even have the money to buy materials, let alone, do the projects.

Bad quality
Review #1511736 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1511736.

Homeadvisor - Had a spend target of $650 / was charged $4,300.00

They offer you a spend target. We set ours at $650.

When our credit card was charged over $4,300, homeadvisors said they spend target does not include the opportunities leads they sent. They have a bunch of different lead categories to confuse you and overcharge you.

They also sent us a bunch of leads that were not even in our covered area. When we called to complain they offered us a credit of $250!

BrawnyFlounder
Pricing issue
Price reduction
Review #1507075 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Homeadvisor - Did not request anything but they had an order

Did not request services but was solicited daily for services. I was happy when I realized I could save time by deleting the voicemails on my phone on my drive home everyday since it was a daily exercise and could be 3-10 per day. Never owned a home, just listed my mom's home on Zillow for 2 weeks over a year ago.

CuddlyIbis
Bad quality
Review #1506475 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Scam Homeadvisor

I was NOT told I pay for leads sent to me. When I signed up, I was told I only pay for leads that I call.

Customer service basically told me to go pound sand, no refunds or credit for these uncalled leads! I purposely didn't call certain leads because HomeAdvisor sent so many to me.

#1682034

Dude... it says in the voice recording at closing and I quote "you will be billed for every lead we send to you.

Do you agree with these charges? Press 1 to continue." You were told and you agreed bro

AbleGoat852
I didn’t like
Dishonest scamming contractors, Unsolicited leads, Dishonesty and cheating all around with this service
Not as described
Full refund
Review #1492977 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Homeadvisor - Scam artist DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM

Hi George, We are to hear you feel this way. We do our best to provide you with the resources to help you sell your business. While leads are not guaranteed, we are always happy to address any lead concerns that you may have and review credit eligibility. If you would like to speak to a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. - HASupport
EveryWallaby826
Homeadvisor Leads

I constantly received bogus leads people whom never responded back after multiple calls and emails I requested credit only to be told it doesn’t fit the requirements for a credit and I’m quoting “ when a customer puts in a request for a contractor we send the lead out based on there search and if the customer doesn’t contact you it’s not our fault we can make the customer call you there for it is not eligible for a credit” your bank account is the only thing that matters to HomeAdvisors nothing else

Review #1440052 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Homeadvisor - Charges for leads you dont accept

Hi William, We're sorry to hear about your experience. While leads are not guaranteed you do have the ability to turn them on and off whenever desired. We are always happy to address any account concerns and discuss strategies to help you see the most success with your account. If you would like to further speak to a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. -HASupport
SleepyAlpineDachsbracke145
Homeadvisor Leads

I have been a member of HomeAdvisor for years. In the beginning it was a different company.

In the last couple of years they changed their method of doing business and appear to be after money. We told them we did not want any leads and they continue to send them via internet where they instantly charge us.

Unless you are watch closely you could find yourself paying for leads you did not even get a chance to call on. WOULD NOT SUGGEST USING THEM.

Reason of review
Charged for leads I did not request
Review #1434966 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Homeadvisor - Total Rip off for Contractors

Hi Robert, We're sorry to hear you saw anything but success with your leads. We do our best to provide you with resources and opportunities to help you sell your business. The background check takes longer than 5 minutes and we take that process very seriously. Please feel free to find more information about the screening you went through here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/. We would be more than happy to further address any questions or concerns you have about your old account if you call Customer Care at 877-947-3639. -HASupport
DaringJay
Homeadvisor Leads

I was solicited by them. I'm a painting contractor.

12 leads, not one appointment. Over $500 for these leads. Was not informed they were selling these leads to multiple other contractors. The potential customers were fishing for price based on info from Home Advisor as to what their project should cost.

I complained to the them about what was happening so they gave me a lead for free about painting a room. I contacted the potential customer 2 hours after I got the lead, which turned out to be in my estimation from talking with the owner about a $700 job. She informed me she had already hired someone to do the job. I was pissed to put it politely.

I called Home Advisor and talked with a supervisor. Told him the story. When I mentioned I called the customer 2 hours after I received the lead, his response was, " no wonder you didn't get an appointment," you took too much time to make contact "! You need to get right on these leads.

That's when I severed my relation with Home Advisor. 13 leads, 12 I paid for and one freebee. Not one appointment. They might be good for consumers but contractors be ware, it's a rip.

They took 5 minutes to approve me as a client to do a background ck. They wouldn't know if I was John the Baptist or Jack the Ripper.

You asked for details. How'd I do ?

Not as described
Full refund
Review #1360077 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Homeadvisor - HOME ADVISOR SCAM _ Fraud- took $710.00 from a Disable VET Business Owner

Hello, We're sorry to hear you feel this way about our business, we are not a scam. We are happy to look into any billing concerns you have with your account. To speak to a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will follow up. -HASupport
ShrillEmperorPenguin
Homeadvisor Leads

Home Advisor BEWARE- THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF- JUST AS EVERYONE MENTION- took $710.00 from a Disable VET Business Owner trying to open a new business.

LIES MORE LIES THEN MORE LIES

HOME ADVISOR SCAM_ Fraud $710.00 gone .

Called LIES email LIES - Please do not use this company- You will be sorry.

They make money scamming businesses with their marketing Lead app.

HOME ADVISOR is a FRAUD and they will RIP you off.

SCAM SCAM {{Redacted}} SCAM SCAM SCAM

I didn’t like
How they lied to me to keep the acct open, False leads and no refunds, Being misled, Employees lie, Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1339722 is a subjective opinion of poster.