Homeadvisor - Home advisor leads

***BEWARE***SCAMMMM

4078906339

Called my father in law with a fake *** scam. tryna force him to give his credit card number and they'd provide leads to house.

All leads were fake. Fake numbers.

Calls are rerouted to their cell phones . Beware!!!

Tags
  • home advisor scam
  • Home Advisor Complaints
  • Scam
  • Beware
Pros
Great smooth talker, Smooth talker
Cons
Steals all your money provides fake leads
Not as described/ advertised
Getting a lawyer

How HomeAdvisor steals from contractors

This is how HomeAdvisor rips off contractors:

Someone puts in a bogus request for services.

They set up a voicemail box to capture all contractors information.

They send bogus telemarketers to contractors and sells their information elsewhere.

These types of leads are costing contractors thousands.

HomeAdviser needs to stop these business practices.

They are illegal and criminal.

The calls for fake leads and telemarketers becomes overwhelming at times, they will steal your money, waste your time and harvest all your information for malicious purposes.

They push down your website as far as possible so a real potential customer will find your company on HomeAdvisor before getting to your site.

Now they will sell that lead to you and a dozen others.

You would have to have rocks in your head for brains to even consider joining this FRAUDULENT company.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Homeadvisor - Quit calling me

I am a general contractor who gets these calls, Hey, Gladys I am going to make you rich, I immediately say who is this because someone I don't know doesn't get to act like they are a long lost friend. When they finally tell me they are Home Advisor I say thank you but I do not need your service.

The next thing I know I get asked personal questions like How much business do you do? what was last years take? How do you get customers? Then I get mad and say do not call again.

First of all I do not owe you an explanation of why I don't want to do business with you. You are a voice on the phone.

Really? So my new strategy is going to be a response like "what color is your underwear so they can flag my business as kooky and quit calling".

Review
#1539191 Review #1539191 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1539191.

Homeadvisor - Bad leads, business practices and terrible customer service

While talking to this company about the poor quality of leads and my company being charged for leads on services we do not provide, I told them that I did not want to renew unless I received a credit for the leads. While I was waiting for the response, they sent my account to collections and added the annual renewal fee.

When I called to talk with them about it they said, "sorry, it's out of our hands once it is sent to collections."

This company is terrible. I will never consider working with them again and would caution any small business from using the service they offer

Poor customer service
Price reduction

Homeadvisor - Class action lawsuit

False leads, not refunding unreturned calls from leads and other leads turned out to be people not to even have the money to buy materials, let alone, do the projects.

Review
#1511736 Review #1511736 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1511736.

Homeadvisor - Had a spend target of $650 / was charged $4,300.00

They offer you a spend target. We set ours at $650.

When our credit card was charged over $4,300, homeadvisors said they spend target does not include the opportunities leads they sent. They have a bunch of different lead categories to confuse you and overcharge you.

They also sent us a bunch of leads that were not even in our covered area. When we called to complain they offered us a credit of $250!

Pricing issue
Price reduction

Homeadvisor - Did not request anything but they had an order

Did not request services but was solicited daily for services. I was happy when I realized I could save time by deleting the voicemails on my phone on my drive home everyday since it was a daily exercise and could be 3-10 per day. Never owned a home, just listed my mom's home on Zillow for 2 weeks over a year ago.

Scam Homeadvisor

I was NOT told I pay for leads sent to me. When I signed up, I was told I only pay for leads that I call.

Customer service basically told me to go pound sand, no refunds or credit for these uncalled leads! I purposely didn't call certain leads because HomeAdvisor sent so many to me.

#1682034

Dude... it says in the voice recording at closing and I quote "you will be billed for every lead we send to you.

Do you agree with these charges? Press 1 to continue." You were told and you agreed bro

Homeadvisor Leads
Cons
Dishonest scamming contractors, Unsolicited leads, Dishonesty and cheating all around with this service
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

Homeadvisor - Scam artist DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM

Hi George, We are to hear you feel this way. We do our best to provide you with the resources to help you sell your business. While leads are not guaranteed, we are always happy to address any lead concerns that you may have and review credit eligibility. If you would like to speak to a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. - HASupport
Homeadvisor Leads

I constantly received bogus leads people whom never responded back after multiple calls and emails I requested credit only to be told it doesn’t fit the requirements for a credit and I’m quoting “ when a customer puts in a request for a contractor we send the lead out based on there search and if the customer doesn’t contact you it’s not our fault we can make the customer call you there for it is not eligible for a credit” your bank account is the only thing that matters to HomeAdvisors nothing else

Homeadvisor - Charges for leads you dont accept

Hi William, We're sorry to hear about your experience. While leads are not guaranteed you do have the ability to turn them on and off whenever desired. We are always happy to address any account concerns and discuss strategies to help you see the most success with your account. If you would like to further speak to a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. -HASupport
Reason of review
Charged for leads I did not request

I have been a member of HomeAdvisor for years. In the beginning it was a different company.

In the last couple of years they changed their method of doing business and appear to be after money. We told them we did not want any leads and they continue to send them via internet where they instantly charge us.

Unless you are watch closely you could find yourself paying for leads you did not even get a chance to call on. WOULD NOT SUGGEST USING THEM.