Homeadvisor - Im getting ripped off

Hi Craig,

We're sorry to hear that you have had this experience so far. We would be happy to discuss strategies for success and resources to help you sell your business. If you would like to speak to a Customer Care rep please call 877-947-3639 or send your info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. –HASupport
Author
Golden, Colorado
Service
Homeadvisor Home Inspection Leads
Cons
Are sneaky and try to make billing as confusing as possible
Reason of review
Never won a job through HomeAdvisor.
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1405178 is a subjective opinion of poster.

I joined Home advisor in June and have not got one job from HomeAdvisor. I would not recommend this company to anybody that owns a business and is looking to grow it.

The billing is confusing and they also send to many pro's job leads. This company is sneaky. I'm very unhappy. I have spent hundreds of dollars with this company.

Its a rip off! I just paused my leads for 3 months because I cant afford it anymore. When the 3 months is up I plan to pause them again. I read where there is a class action lawsuit against HomeAdvisor.

I would like to know how that turns out. As far as the consumer looking for pros I would not recommend HomeAdvisor to them as well.

Homeadvisor - Thieves and crooks

We’ve asked a representative to look into your account. If you would like immediate assistance please contact us at emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Author
Issaquah, Washington
Service
Homeadvisor Home Inspection Leads
Cons
Fake leads, Bad leads, Money stolen from my account, Charge for unwanted leads, No contol over time leads come in
Reason of review
Stole money from my account
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #864977 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Several recorded calls, text and e-mails were made to a Home Advisor representative throughout 2015 and 2016 after joining the program and each time apologies were made along with adjustments to my account taking off any charges. A couple of attempts were made to cancel as this has turned out to be an overall shady company.

I took a loss for the first year to try Home Advisor as it sounded like a good idea. It is the definition of if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't. They are not. I had many communications with them about leads coming in at 12:00 a.m or similarly odd times for most people.

I resent getting charged for ridiculous leads. I spent many hours turning off the darn things it got to be ridiculous. I made my intentions known that I wanted to cancel each time someone contacted me to assure better future dealings and my value as a successful customer was important to them. I had a conversation with someone in March and he said my subscription was up in June, he could suspend my leads give me time to think and I would be notified BEFORE my renewal was due.

I was not! While doing my bank statement I noticed the 300.00 renewal fees being charged to my account. I attempted to talk to someone. (Interesting this happened on a Friday afternoon and you have to wait till Monday), I finally talked to a person a bit ago got the run around and passed around.

I asked frankly are you going to stop that payment. I was told No and that he was going to pass me to someone who would say the same thing. I informed him that I would be calling VISA and the bank, He then threatened me saying it I did it would go to a collection agency, but I should hold and talk to blah blah. I have made my intentions clear to cancel for almost a year.

It didn't work for me let me out, why do they have to escalate it to this so people get angry and robbed from. Home Advisor is shady thief business.