Homeadvisor - Out to make appointments and don't care about customer

I wanted to hire an election. they sent me 5 companies.

I like to check the companies out before allowing them in my home, but with Hoemadvisor if you don't respond immediately they are all over you. I believe they must work on commission and get paid for referring the most company for estimates. They don't care about the quality or customer service of their referrals, just the volume and appointments. I told the last lady that I did not know the company and wanted to check them out before initiating an estimate, but within 2 minutes the company was on the line wanting to set up an appointment.

I do not recommend this high pressure company and worry about the quality of companies they refer. I would suggest that you investigate before you allow anyone in your home.

Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
Failure to listen to request
Reason of review
Damage to property, customer service, failure to follow consumers requests
Let the company propose a solution

Homeadvisor - Crooks

They send alit of us cleaning business the same person they charge us and half the time the people don’t even want cleaning done and when you try to get Crédit home advisor denies your credit . Each time I call I get different answers to the same questions.

If I could get a refund I would . I also referred a friend and she is getting the same treatment. We are not happy with them at all .

I will never refer them again.i have people calling me asking why I haven’t showed up to clean , they have paid for it and scheduled it only problem is I have no idea what they are talking about I never scheduled them and never received payments . I’m not sure exactly what is going on but it’s does not add up .

Review
#1558386 Review #1558386 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1558386.

Homeadvisor - Harrassment!!!!!!

they will never stop callimg from different numbers, told them they were worse than cockroaches and he laughed and later they called me again

Review
#1492002 Review #1492002 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
Unqualified leads, Being misled
harrassment
quit *** calling me

Homeadvisor - There should be a class action lawsuit against this company

I'm a home inspection and they call me constantly to try to get me to pay for their service. After looking them up online I discovered that their services are next to worthless at best and a scam at worst.

If you make the mistake of speaking to one of their representatives they refuse to take no for an answer and become hostile if you refuse to sign up for their service. I have repeatedly asked them to stop calling me, yet they still continue to harass me with annoying phone calls at least once or twice per week which appears to be further evidence of a company with a poor quality service that is purely attempting to scam unsuspecting, honest and hard-working people into buying their ***

Homeadvisor - Complete rippoff

Hi Dale, We're sorry to hear you feel this way about our business. It appears the only charge on your account has been for the membership fee which you called back to reinstate after initially canceling. We're happy to further address any concerns you have with our service or your account. If you would like to speak to a rep further, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we'll follow up.

Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
Them chargeing card after i told them not to
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
  • Economics terminology
  • liars
  • Homeadvisor Contractor s Beware

They stalk you, call from local number's, harassment until they max out your card. Give back the 287.99 thieves.

I told you not to charge my card and did it anyway. Join RICO class action if your a victim of these crooks. Once they have your credit card info they think it's there own piggy bank. Why hasn't law enforcement hasn't shut down these crook's website is beyond me.

they must donate to crooked office holders. They have a whole team that all they do is concentrate on card chargebacks.

when there taking your money, there on the phone right away. when it comes to chargebacks they put your credit card people on hold for hours.

Homeadvisor - Lost $600 and offered peanuts in return

Hello, We're sorry to hear you've seen anything but success with our service, we do our best to provide you with resources and opportunities to help you sell your business. Per our terms of service, credits are in-house and the membership fee is non-refundable outside our refund window. You are welcome to find those terms here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/rfs/terms/serviceProfessionalTerms.jsp. We regret to hear there was some miscommunication from a rep but we're happy to further address any concerns you have about your account and our service if you call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will follow up. -HASupport
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
Fake leads, Bad leads, Not refunding my money, Taking my money, Being misled
Not as described/ advertised
  • scamming customers
  • Homeadvisor Contractor
  • Electrician

Signed up for Home Advisor on or about June 6... 30 days out I am out $600 and have only had one "lead" actually become a job. All profit to be made was consumed by the cost of other bogus leads and fees.

Some of the leads were tire kickers, people seeing how home advisor worked, people just playing with the system. They are not aware that it costs me $30-$100 every time they click that button.

I spoke with someone about credits for the bogus leads. Some of these were issued, but not applied back to my card where they took them from. But as an account credit to be used by future leads. I paid for a one year subscription to their service. ($300.00) I asked for my subscription to be cancelled and my remaining money to be refunded to my card. No can do...though due to a mistake one of the poor souls that work there I was told that it would be no problem, but she was wrong apparently...I was then offered 5 free leads and a chance to test the new system where there is no charge for leads unless we contact the homeowner. And there is a better way to screen said leads.

I just want my money back. I do not want to be involved in this company at all. Their backhanded practices are not what I care to be associated with. If I pay $300 for a year and only use one month... I am owed the other $275... especially if I am not using your service. Also, I was given credits on a few of the bogus leads, that money should go to me...not remain in your possession.

Don't use homeadvisor unless you have money to lose.

Homeadvisor - Very expensive and not worth money

Hi Chris, We're sorry to hear you had anything but success with our service, we do our best to help you sell your business with the resources we make available to you. We're always happy to discuss any account concerns and discuss ways to see the most success with our service. If you would like to speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
Review
#1146129 Review #1146129 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1146129.
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Pros
Website, Webside
Cons
Company policies, Company rules
Reason of review
I found competitors who knows business
1.5

I tried to work with home advisor many times and was not successful. Guys from this company completely do not understand word ' cooperation' They think only about their profit.

I do not think they will stay on market much more longer. People are angry on way they work. They looking only company who are fresh in business so after they try never come back. It is really not smart way.

I hope they will change rules and companies like my will start cooperate with them again. I can not recommend this company because they are stubborn with their rules. The way they work is not profitable for others. I am in business 15 years and started with them.

But after they change rules I quite like many other companies. Sincerely, Chris

Homeadvisor - Worse than going on craigslist to find handymen/contractors

We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro, we take your ability to review our pros very seriously. A contested review is removed temporarily and will be reposted unless documentation is provided by the pro to disprove it. We apologize for any technical difficulties you experienced when calling in, we have forwarded your concerns to the proper channels and a rep will reach out to assist you. In the meantime, please feel free to find more information about our screening process here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/ and reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com if there is further assistance we can offer.

Review
#1142066 Review #1142066 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
Do not publish verified negative reviews, Lack of any credibility, Veryverypoor
Let the company propose a solution

Home Advisor recommended several people, I chose the one that thought was reasonably priced and seemed competent with a reasonable written estimate. His "crew" turned out be completely incompetent.

I paid them for the horrible job they completed, and fired them after two days of what as supposed to be about 5 days worth of work. I wrote a bad review on Home Advisor. Several weeks later Home Advisor calls me and leaves a message saying that their client is disputing the claim because they never worked for me, that I was to call them and send proof of a cancelled check or receipt. I tried several times to call them back to get email to send copy of canceled check.

None of the numbers I called allowed you to leave a message and would have you hold on just to disconnect you after 15 min. In other words, they do not want proof that you can prove your claim and send your proof of canceled check. WHAT A JOKE!

Not only that, they do not screen these guys for what they can competently do, just if they are willing to pay to be referred. They referred a tile guy that I had to fire after one room because he didn't know what he was doing.

HomeAdvisor in not trustworthy

Hi Steve,
We see that your review was successfully posted. The pro in question stopped using our service some time ago, therefore your review will only be publicly viewable if the pro opens an account with our service again. If you would like to further discuss this matter with a rep, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com or the resources you have already been provided.
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
Contractors pay to be listed on the site, Employees lie, Customer service is bunk
  • scamming customers

I used the HomeAdvisor website to find a local contractor to build a garage. I entered into a contract with the contractor and gave them a $7000 deposit.

The contractor never built the garage and would not refund my deposit. After three years I still have not resolved this issue with the contractor. As for HomeAdvisor, I sent them my online review of this contractor just stating the facts with the same description above, and I received a reply stating they could not use my review and refused to respond to my contacts asking why they would not use my review.

All you have to realize is that these contractors pay HomeAdvisor to list their services and they apparently will not post negative reviews (maybe contractors pay extra to block negative reviews). Therefore I don't believe HomeAdvisor is trustworthy in representing consumer interests.

Homeadvisor - Someone whom our company never did any work for posted a poor review of our company

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. It looks like the review was originally contested in April but the contesting process was not fully followed which resulted in the review being posted again. The review has since been removed from your profile. The review follow-up usually takes a few business days and we apologize if our rep did not make that clear. If you would like a rep to follow up and further discuss this matter, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep would be happy to reach out.

HASupport
Review
#1042561 Review #1042561 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1042561.
Preferred solution
Remove the false review from my companys Home Advisor page!
3.2

Home Advisor posted a poor review on our Home Advisor page from someone whom we never did any work for. We explained it to Home Advisor's Customer Solutions Dept., and were told we would recieve an email about how to contest the review.

This was in February. We responded with the proper letter describing how we NEVER did any work for this individual and that the review was obviously for a company other than ours. We were told in the phone call about the bad review that it wouldnt be posted for 10 days while they contacted the individual. Being a large busy commercial contractor it was forgotten about, until our marketing dept.

brought it to my attention that it was on our Home Advisor ratings page...AND ITS NOW EARLY MAY! Imagine, all of the potential clients we have lost after they read that false review! But wait, it gets even better. I called Home Advisor about it at the beginning of the week, spoke with the first person, explained it to him and he transferred me to Customercare dept., but that call didnt transfer so he got back on the line and told me that customer care would call me back in the order the call was on the waiting list.

I never received a call. The following morning I called back and spoke to a girl, explained to her what was going on and she said she would transfer me, then got on the line and said it was busy but she would walk down the hall because she had a friend there that she would talk to. After about 10 minutes she got back on the line and said they would call me back. At that point I wanted her to get me a manager of some kind that was above or overseeing the Customersolutions dept.

She put me on hold again and when she came back she said the manager of the dept or depts name Molly or Mully would review the emails and...someone would get back to me!! Home Advisor, call American Construction back and fix this now!