Homeadvisor - Owner Operator

Home Advisor is a rip off company. I had signed up all last year and yes I did happen to get some good leads but the leads that had nothing to do with the service I provide they did not want to credit my account and charged roughly $30 per bogus lead.

Then in the winter when things were slow I signed up for pressure washing houses, patios etc. and come out find out other companies that were signed up with Home was at the same jobs I were trying to get and in bidding wars. Or people that were searching and then changed there mind and wanted to wait till spring or all set already had someone to perform the work. Home Advisor wouldn't credit anything on my account.

Again there are a rip off and not willing to work with small companies and if you don't pay them then they send you to collections. So if you are thinking on using Home Advisor think twice.

Homeadvisor Construction Leads
Cons
There pricing
Poor customer service
Loss

Homeadvisor - Not what I thought.

Hi Edwin, We're sorry to hear you had these experiences, we encourage our pros to honor their appointment times and respond to requests in a timely manner. Reviews are provided by the pro's previous customers. Please feel free to submit your feedback to them here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. We would also be happy to help you connect with other pros. You are always welcome to submit another request here:
http://www.homeadvisor.com/ or browse pros in your area here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. If you would like to speak with a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. –HASupport
Homeadvisor Construction Leads
Cons
Customer serice
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

In spring I contacted 4 lawn companies. Not one called, Last month I called 3 cement companies.

No calls. Last week I called 2 waterproofing companies. One called and booked me next week. I wonder if they will show.

Many had 4 and 5 stars. When I looked at other review sites most had a one or 2 star rating. HHHmmmm..... Called to file a complaint and was told pretty much nothing.

I don't understand how they can stay in business this way. Most would be out of business in a year. Even the appt. they booked with the waterproof company came back as not possible until the company called me.

I was told by another we would meet this past monday. Nobody called or showed. I left 3 messages and not a word. They showed 5 stars on this site.

I looked them up after the no show and found all 1 star ratings. I will be sure to name them also in a separate post.

Homeadvisor - You rip people off

Hi Sabrina,

We're sorry to hear this, we do our best to provide you with resources to help you sell your business. We absolutely vet our pros and you can find more information about that process here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/. While we are not able to credit back for every situation, we are always happy to look into lead concerns. It appears you have not had an account with us for quite some time. If you would like to further address any concerns regarding your prior account, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639.

Damaged or defective

You do not vet anyone . You charge for fake leads with nonexistent clients you clearly are fraudsters.

When you call those leads no one answers or they never contacted Home Advisor. I strongly recommend anyone reading this that they contact the Attorney General of Colorado and file a complaint. This is clearly fraud. Something should be done to stop such fraud.

Fortunately I had given my Amex which got my money back and stopped them from illegally charging my card.

When I read the numerous reviews about Home Advisor charging for leads I see the complaint is exactly the same for every vendor. I am really sorry for the people who have been scammed by them.

Homeadvisor does not screen contractors they recommend

Hi Mohamed,

We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro you hired. We absolutely screen our pros and encourage you to find more information about that process here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/. We take these matters seriously and have forwarded your concerns to the proper channels, a rep will follow up to assist you shortly.

If there is any further assistance we can offer in the meantime, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Review
#1198531 Review #1198531 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Homeadvisor Scam
1.8

I tried homeadvisor and posted a project. I was contacted by one of the "prescreened pros" they advertise and I hired him to do my project.

The quality of the work was absolutely horrible. After they were done they asked my wife to pay for the work which she objected to, however she was home alone and felt intimidated and paid them by check. After I came home I looked at the work and it was terrible so I put a stop payment on the check. I then did some of my own research on homeadvisor about this "prescreened contractor" and found out this company was brand new and only just started, they also had one review on homeadvisor which was only 2 stars out of 5.

The worst part is I searched on the owners name and found his mugshot on the internet. I then searched the county court records and found he had a criminal record and was recently convicted of drunk driving and was serving a jail sentance on weekends and was currently on probation.

NEVER AGAIN will i trust homeadvisor for recommending criminals to come to my home. Thank god my wife just paid him and he left.

Homeadvisor - BEWARE !!!! CONTRACTORS

Hi Tim,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. It looks like you were able to speak with a rep and have this matter resolved. If there is any further assistance we can offer, please feel free to reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com or the other resources you were provided.

Review
#1080169 Review #1080169 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1080169.
Bad quality

I'm an hvac contractor against better judgement let those snakes talk me in to signing up told me million dollar dreams so they don't tell you every lead they send is billed no matter what even if customers won't answer the phone the first day was on a Friday i called back on Monday to cancel the guy told me to wait 2 weeks and they would turn my leads back on so I got to thinking there probably only so many days that you have to get your money back so they call me the following Thursday and I preceded to end my account guy tells me you had 3 days to get your money back which was the Monday I called so I paid over $300.00 received no legitimate calls so let this be a warning to all you contractors they get paid you get the shaft