Richard D Moc

| map-marker Canora, Saskatchewan

Warranty issue

in march of 2022 I purchased a 100 watt folding solar panel ,it quit working and I returned it to the store in Canora sk ,S0A0L0 they replaced under warranty .I used the new one to charge 2 batterys when I went to charge another one it quit working the same as the first one .I took it back to the store and was told that there was only warranty on the first one which had expired in march of 2023 the is no warranty on the second one.both solar panels have the same problem they quit working..I do not feel that I have to have a defective product and wish my money that I spent be returned or at least be given home hardware credit for the that amount

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good local service
Cons:
  • Home hardware makes the store cover the company warranty

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: If you have to exchange anything under warranty the new one has no warranty

Julie R Sbd

| map-marker The Cottages, Ontario

Upset over product

Recently in my local store and saw that you were selling sticky papers to catch snakes and mice. Do you know how inhumane this product is?

The poor animal is stuck to the paper glue and literally starves to death. Trying to remove a snake from it damages its skin by ripping it off. We need our Ontario snakes! Many are near extinction.

Likely the snake has come in the house or barn because of the mice and will catch and eat the mice.

Then it will curl up and hibernate for the winter.

The majority of snakes are not poisonous. There is only one poisonous snake in Ontario and that is the Mississauga rattler and it is only found in specific areas of the province.

The rest are harmless beneficial creatures that do us good or else try tokeep out of our way.

I do understand the dangers of mice and the diseases they carry and the damage they do to crops and food. There are better ways to kill them. Live traps for example.

Regular mouse traps can be awful for the animal too if it doesnot break the neck completely or if it only breaks its back. Please only carry humane devices to kill mice and please understand we need our snakes.

They kill many vermin!

If you do not carry the product people will adapt to a more humane method. Mice can become good food sources for foxes when released into the wild.

User's recommendation: Please buy live traps only. Practise catch and release!

Dale S Emd

| map-marker Maple Ridge, British Columbia

Extremely poor customer service. Owner and mechanic rude and condescending

I purchased a Toro lawnmower from Home Hardware in Maple Ridge on June 04, 2020. Right from day1 it was hard to start when it is hot.

It has an electric start and I purchased a 5 year warranty and have brought it back numerous times to fix the problem. Thy have accused me of using the wrong grade of gas, the wrong brand of gas, using stale gas and finally running it out of oil. It was over full of oil when I first picked it up and I checked the oil every time I have used it. Last summer they decided that the electric starter and battery needs to be replaced.

I expressed my concern that I didnt think that that was the problem as it would not even start with the pull cord when its hot. I even called Toro Canada and talked to a mechanic and I agreed with my concerns. The mechanic and the owner have been rude and condescending to me. This is the poorest customer service I have ever experienced in my life.

I have used the lawnmower twice this year and same problem exists. At this point, all I want is my money back. They have stressed me out for 3 years and I cant take it anymore.

I am retired and on a fixed income and cant afford to buy another lawnmower. Please help.

User's recommendation: Don’t shop at Home Hardware in Maple Ridge BC

map-marker Elnora, Alberta

Looking for a discontinued item

I am looking to see if any of your stores would have product # 553**** in inventory. I am also wondering if a store did have this item how I could get it shipped to me? Thanks!

Brands Related to Home Hardware Canada

Beaver Homes and Cottages reviews and complaints

Beaver Homes and Cottages

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article