Carl O Uat

Reason of store manager MS. America

Hello my name is Carl Overton Sr. I brought my mother into the wyncote store and we was greeted by Ms.

America who is one of the greatest people person I have ever met. She walk up to us and her personality was outstanding for the job that's giving to her. She made me feel comfortable and my mother was astonish by how she her day complete. I know first hand of being a people's person due to the fact of being a business owner for 40yrs of building homes.

But I truly appreciate Ms. America for her well being business minded of perfection of her Jobi will

User's recommendation: I will like to send my colleagues to Miss America

Home Gallery Stores - Damaged Product was Delivered - Image 3
Home Gallery Stores - Damaged Product was Delivered - Image 4
Home Gallery Stores - Damaged Product was Delivered - Image 5
Home Gallery Stores - Damaged Product was Delivered - Image 6

I purchased a two piece china buffet cabinet and the bottom base board part of the top cabinet is bent. The middle curves down and the sides curve up making the cabinet unstable and slides with minimal force.

I tried to contact HGS and they originally said the manufacturer offered me $150 reimbursement for the damage which I thought was insulting considering I paid almost $2000 for the product and now it looks terrible and is unsafe. After going back and forth they said they ordered a replacement and covered all shipping costs and let me know when it will be shipped out. Then a few days later I get an email from the account manager saying I will have to pay $399 shipping plus any extra charges. Now Ill have to pay an extra $400+ on top of the original amount to get a good quality product.

Overall process and transaction has been terrible. Dont waste your time and go somewhere else that stands behind their products and cares about customer satisfaction.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Stay Away from Home Gallery Stores!

Helaine T Lbs

Buyer Beware!!!!!!!

"BUYER BEWARE!! HOME GALLERY STORES HAS SOME SCAM GOING ON!

I ORDERED ONLINE A SOFA ON AUG 24, TO ASSURE THAT I WOULD RECEIVE IT AFTER I CLOSED ON MY NEW CONDO THE WEEK OF 10/24. I WAS ASSURED THAT IT WOULD. OBVIOUSLY, I WOULD UNDERSTAND IF IT WENT PAST BY A FEW DAYS DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES. THE SOFA WAS CONFIRMED IN STOCK AND HAS BEEN IN STOCK EACH TIME I CHECKED SINCE ORDERED, SO THERE WAS NO REASONABLE REASON FOR DELAY.

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE SHIPPING COMPANY THAT IT WOULD ARRIVE 11/3-11/15, BUT THAT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE, TOO. WHEN I WAS TOLD THERE WAS NO GUARANTEE IT WOULD BE BY 11/15, I FINALLY DECIDED THAT THIS WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND I WOULD ORDER FROM A MORE RELIABLE COMPANY. I ALSO REACHED OUT TO TOV FURNITURE, THE MANUFACTURER, AND WHILE THEY WERE SYMNPATHETIC AND AGREED THIS WAS SO WRONG, THEY COULDN'T HELP ME. SO, I REORDERED A SOFA FROM A COMPANY THAT IS DELIVERING THIS WEEK.

NOW, TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, HOME GALLERY STORES IS CHARGING ME A FEE TO CANCEL!!! YES!!, YOU READ THAT RIGHT!

THEY ARE ROBBING ME OF $530.!!! FOR SHIPPING (WHICH I NEVER RECEIVED?!?!?!?) AND "RESTOCKING FEE"."

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do Not Buy Unless You Can Wait Eternally

Lisa Kmk

Bait and switch

Home Gallery Stores - Bait and switch
Updated by user Sep 01, 2022

It hasn’t. I can tied the order snd had to start all over. Very upsetting.

Original review Sep 01, 2022

OMG After all the time I spent looking for a sofa in stores and online, the company that I ordered from totally pulled a bait and switch. When I was searching I paid very close attention to the shipping dates because everyone warned me.

Home Gallery Stores advertise their items usually ship within 1-2 weeks. I thought that wasnt bad at all! I guess the key word was usually. I placed the order on Friday and just got an email saying shipping would be 12 - 14 weeks.

Huge difference!

I was so mad. They let me cancel the order but now I have to start all over.

Preferred solution: Nothing now. I moved on to another company.

User's recommendation: Nope

Jessica S Rsu

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This furniture store was the absolute worst. Delivery men were the rudest inconsiderate I’ve ever met. Furniture was delivered broken. Good luck trying to get through costumer service.

Manager tim did not help at all. Customer service website does not work and phone number is a joke. This business is a total rip off.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

map-marker Palm Bay, Florida

Not happy with recliner performance

After waiting 5 months for my reclining furniture, I plug into outlet and all was good, till I decide to use one of the battery packs I purchased along with furniture to go cordless when reclining. The battery pack lasted 17 days but was suppose to last 3 months , anyway since I purchased 2 , I charged up the 2nd battery and that lasted a week n now both packs don't charge and when I attached the plug for outlet to use it that way , that was dead too , the light didn't turn green like the one on other recliner .

So I guess when I was charging the 2nd pack it drained the outlet pack too .

Don't know , just know that I have a loveseat recliner that doesn't work whether it is plugged to an outlet or on a battery pack . Spent all day with Home Gallery Specialist and no resolve yet , I filled out claim report and sent video and was told I'd be contacted today and its 8:50 pm and no one has contacted me yet since 9am this morning ,so I will be back on phone tomorrow.

jessica m Dxw

Poor customer service & super long delivery times

I ordered an entertainment center on April 22, 2020. Was informed that I could expect delivery in 5 weeks.

It's been 9 and no delivery. Every 2 weeks I get an email stating that the date is now later and later. As of today. Its October.

That's a ridiculous amount of time. I called to cancel my order today and was on hold for over an hour. Someone came on, asked my name learned I wanted to cancel, and placed me on hold again.

Poor customer service and poor business. The entertainment center was in shock when I made my order, because I asked the rep.

Pros:
  • Style and affordable
Cons:
  • Customer service and wait times

User's recommendation: Stay away! You'll never get your item!

Guest

Still waiting since NOVEMBER!

Guest

Thank you for the warning. I was just about to place an order with this company but changed my mind. Good customer service is equally important as overall value!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1907763

Almost placed an order for a $2K+ unit. Thank you for this. There is absolutely no reason for poor customer service.

View more comments (2)
map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Not to buy untill they put in better policys

I purchased a bedroom set on the 16th of January was due to be delivered on the 8th of February I accepted the time span they called me on the evening of the six of February to tell me I had to wait another week and I had no choice and that they could not suffice me for my inconvenience I put in a request for refund for the 7th of January I told me I could not receive a refund because the delay was no fault of theirs Home Gallery I deal with companies that deliver in 2 to 7 days in my opinion they have very poor service an unacceptable policy's customer service was very rude. No referrals from me

Michelle G Dir

Failure to delivery my couch or offer any resolution!! Don't trust!!

About one month ago I purchased a couch from the online retail site- home furniture gallery. It was just shy of $1000 and I chose to use them as opposed to Ashley furniture (as its an Ashley furniture brand couch and despite there being a physical store just miles from where I live), I chose them as the couch was slightly cheaper and because they offered white glove free delivery and assembly. In fact it was their biggest sellling point. Upon ordering I was given confirmation but no way to track when the couch would be arriving. A few days ago I was told via phone that my couch would be delivered on Saturday March 23 between 12 and 3:30 pm. Halfway through the day the window was pushed back to 430 pm. What i didn't know was that their delivery company was already closed. So when the driver supposedly arrived at 430 he claimed to have waited outside but left without reaching me. HOWEVER I gave clear directions to use the call box upon arrival and dial my unit number which would call me directly. Not only did the driver not do this but I also never even saw him. My apartment faces the street and i never saw a truck. Furthermore my roommate never saw him either and she was down on the street. I attempted to call the company countless times as i put everything on hold that day to be available for the delivery. Later I found out i was unsuccessful at reaching anyone because they'd already closed for the day.

*** what they don't tell you is they use a 3rd party delivery company called innovative delivery that has VERY limited delivery options.

*** Today, Monday 3/25 I spent hours on the phone with both the delivery company and the actual store manager where I ordered the couch from. The supervisor at innovative delivery was named Myra and was unwilling to help resolve their own mistake. All she could offer was a new delivery in a week from now. I repeatedly told her I had family coming in town and needed the couch by today or tomorrow at the latest - why I had ordered in advance. She just kept saying sorry there's nothing we could do. Her company delivers throughout CA and only comes to Hollywood once a week and she refused to add a delivery to fix her own error. Their driver blatantly did not follow any of the specific directions I gave them for how to reach me. After hours of going back and forth I discovered she had a van coming to thousand oaks tomorrow which is very close to Hollywood and would be easy to add my couch to the schedule. I even offered to pay more. She still said no.

Finally she transferred me to Dale the manager for coleman/renegade furniture where I purchased my couch. Another several hours of explaining the situation and going back and forth. He kept having to call Myra and then would call me back. You'd think he would be able to make the call to resolve this but I guess not. After hours with him he finally agreed to call Myra again to request if the couch could be added to tomorrows delivery to thousand oaks .He promised to call right back. An hour passed and no word. I called him multiple times all went to VM despite his admission that this was their own error. Same with Myra. So now, i have no couch and no resolution. This is a HUGE inconvenience. I have very little trust or faith in either company and felt that they did nothing to provide customer service that would resolve the situation and fix their mistake. So far this has been a terrible experience and does not make me want to ever use them again. I am in the dark now as to when ill be receiving my couch and think they should have made up for their own mistake by delivering tomorrow at the very least. Furthermore I can't believe they just stopped answering the phone all together without any resolution. I do not trust this company.

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Guest

Did they end up delivering it after all? I’m afraid this company is going to scam me out of my money and not get my couch as promised.

Guest

Thanks for this heads up. Just about to place an order but no longer.

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article