Con-artist on the loose

Company Name: Homecrafters of Western Carolina Owner: Terri Davis Address: 474 Weaverville Rd. Asheville, NC 22804 Phone: (828)774-**** Email: homecrafterswnc@***.com What a nightmare of a "business" this company needs to be shut down. Terri runs the show along with her hobo crew of misfits and all together they find every excuse under the sun to NOT do their jobs. It is advertised that they are a "custom modular home builder" there is nothing custom about this company - she will send you on a wild goose chase for months, pretending that the possibilities of building your dream home are endless - only to be slapped in the face with the reality that it was all just a joke and it was never going to be custom, you have 2-3 choices, pick one. Terri attempted to have me use a bank for my home loan that she preferred using...she wasn't going to tell them what I was really building - which was a Main home and a Mother-in-law cottage nextdoor. Her exact words were "don't tell the bank about the second home, we'll just slide it in after the first house is built" That was my first red flag. And I did not go with that bank. But for some idiotic reason continued to work with her & her hobo crew of misfits. Everything proceeding this has been one utter failure after another. Terri is 100% unreliable as well as her "right-hand man" John. As of now, we have been attempting to build these houses for over a year - as the owners of the land, we are the only ones that have been capable enough to actually coordinate our own people to come out and do Terri & John's jobs. They hide from us, don't answer calls, don't respond to texts or emails, because they are afraid that we will yell at them because we are upset/disappointed that they YET AGAIN have made an excuse to not get something done. Or at this point, I believe they never coordinated anyone to actually show up. Her claim too is that they are "the homecrafters of Western North Carolina" however, one of her million dollar excuses is "We just don't know anyone out in that area where your property is" I'm sorry? How can you claim that you are the homecrafter of an entire region of a state and not think/attempt/try to find people to work on a job that YOU took on? This company is the worst, they should not be in business. I am certain that they are skimming money off from people's loans and sliding it underneath somewhere in order for them to make a bigger profit - why else would she have not wanted me to tell the bank the truth about what I was building - but still insisting I take the loan amount out for well over the cost of ONE home? She made a draw from our loan amount in the amount of $15,550.00 for permits that, I have the invoice for and had a total cost of $639.92. I have asked her several times to pay the deposits to the workers who I had to find on my own to do her job and she is claiming she does not have the money to do thatwhere is the remaining balance of $14,910.08? Their lackadaisical attitudes and ignorance cannot be ignored, they choose to not do their jobs and come up with every reason as to why they feel it is justifiable to not work Monday through Friday (and be closed on Saturday & Sunday). I will be certain to advise everyone I know to never ever use them.

User's recommendation: Run! Don't ever use this builder.

ID
Asheville, North Carolina

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article