Consumer abuse and False advertisement

The Hollywood Film and Acting Academy promises prospective students that they will be in a Featured Film and received imdb.com credits. A feature film was never shot and none of the students received imdb.com credits. As well, the previous class failed to shoot the Feature Film project and failed to received their promised imdb.com credit. When I asked the director Josh Sands about the Feature Film, he told me that it was the students fault and that if we didn't like it we could leave the school. The director then attempted to shoot a short comedy film for the students which he again failed to produce. We were promised to study under celebrity actors 5 days a week and only did 80% of the time. The housing he offers had a broken window in common area the whole time I resided their which was dangerous and allowed alot of cold air into the house. The tempature in the evening was at 54 degrees, when I asked the Director/landlord if he could turn the heat up, he turned it up to 58 degrees and said that the power company told him the recommended tempature should be set to 58 degrees. When I asked him why the water for showers and washing dishers is not hot and if he would fix it, Josh told me that I had to deal with it and if I didn't like it, I could leave. The people who get trapped are the one's who have a dream of coming to Hollywood and live out of the state and country and don't know what they are getting into until the get to Hollywood. 3 students including myself are opening small claims cases. BEWARE!

do not recommend school I attended this school at the start of my arrival in Hollywood. The pay for classes and room for free is very appealing to all newcomers to LA.

I did learn alot about Acting and Film Making at the school and I would not take my time back, but I would not do it all over again either. The teachers that were previously there were great. The director and direction of where the leadership is taking the school is someone and something I do not respect. I also did not get my deposit back that was promised to me at the end of my term.

Another down fall to this school is that although they do background checks, the "actors" that come into the school do not need to audition, which allows for wannabes and half-hearted young/old people who are not serious about practicing the craft which does not allow you to be committed and hardworking with a partner that doesn't care. If you are coming to LA and looking for a acting school to start your career. This is not the school. Live in an apartment where you get to choose your roommate (it is not chosen for you) and go to a real acting school with other committed actors.

Also employess, like Mo, didn't get paid.Teachers like Cherie Johnson didn't get paid,and were even given false cheques.Great teachers, like James DiStefano were fired for no valid reason.Students protested to no avail.Students were intimidated,threatened by the leadership.Please stay away from this scam operation place.

Find a real school.Santa Monica College or John Kirby Studio is a good place to start looking.(also for out of state or international students.This is the honest thruth. Good luck on your acting career.

The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy has Rules and regulations that each student has to follow.

The people above are complaining because they were expelled for breaking the rules.

First off let me tell you who I am and why I am writing this in defense of Josh Sands, owner of The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy.

I am a former student who Josh let work in the office at the Academy. Since then I have really gotten to know Josh as a person and see him for who he really is and I'm tired of seeing him suffer because of the actions of people who don't take responsibilities for their actions. I want to remain anonymous because Brett Edwards, Henry Bibo, Akram Kanaan, Christopher Alison, Charles Murrey, Chelsie Foster and other people that lived in Actors house were secretly controlling me and other students of actors house until Josh Sands put a stop to it. I am still afraid for my life because Henry Bibo and other students who were friends with Henry verbally and physically abused me.

I asked Josh why he hasn't responded to any of the negative posts on-line. He responded by saying that he wanted to protect the former students from themselves. I asked him how and he said they if the real truth comes out then the people who wrote the lies would have to deal with the one lie that will change their lives forever. Their lies.

I am extremely grateful to Josh Sands & The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy for everything that they have done, that is why I am writing this response.

Josh is a good person who created a school for people who society looks down on, namely actors. When you aren't a famous actor, people look down on you, your parents don't support you, and businesses don't want to hire you. Josh gave me and other grateful actors like me a place we could call home and the ungrateful people who weren’t happy with the lives that they created for themselves created a very uncomfortable living situation.

So I am here to change the lives of the people who are lying about Josh Sands and The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy.

I found The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy because I was looking for a school that would teach me how to act and I found amazing classes and a great place to live until people in actors house made it really uncomfortable.

BRETT EDWARDS from Louisville, Kentucky is upset because he got expelled for moving in Chelsie Foster's room and then started having sex with he. Brett was a controlling *** that took advantage of her and everyone in the house by having meeting and manipulating everyone into doing what ever he wanted. Everyone in the house was terrified of him. Also i feel so sorry for Chelsie Foster, had just turned 18 and he was 26, and he has having sex with her, that wasn't right.

HENRY BIBO you came to United States from Amsterdam and enrolled in the 6 month acting program as an international student. He was also enrolled at the huntington career college to take english as a second language, this is LEGAL by the way. He was told that he had to attend E.S.L. Classes and attend acting classes, by both The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy and the huntington career college. However he was lazy and didn't attend and E.S.L. classes.

Here is what I saw from Henry Bibo, in the nicest way possible. When he didn't get what he wanted he would get in some ones face and yell and or push and once at night I heard him yelling at his parents for not sending money and then he started a problem with another student who he could pick on.

He wasn't a very nice person. The students of Actors House complained about Henry to Josh, so Josh scheduled a meeting with Henry. Henry blew up in the meeting and ran back into the class where I was and created a scene. Josh asked him to leave the class room nicely, he refused and then Josh called the police to have him removed. After Josh called the police Heny left.

I spoke to Henry and asked him what happened and he said that Josh had put him on suspension and gave him the opportunity to come back to the academy after completing a free anger management class. He then got upset and threw a bottle at the wall, then he got up and walked away. A few days later he packed his items and moved into a hotel and left the school.

Josh Sands didn’t have his items removed or steal anything.

Henry Bibo has been lying to himself, his friends and his family just to cover up his actions.

Josh Sands gave him the opportunity to come back into The Hollywood film & Acting Academy, Henry Bibo chose to run way and blame someone else for his actions.

AKRAM KANAAN, you were expelled because you continually disrespected the instructors. YOU were let back into the academy because you mother called and begged Josh to let you back into the school. You later were expelled again because you had secretly recorded your conversation with Josh Sands.

CHARLES MURREY is upset because he is in collections for $6,000.00 the amount that he owns The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy for unpaid tuition.

CHELSIE FOSTER, is upset because he is the on again off again girlfriend of BRETT EDWARDS she will do anything he says because he mentally abuses her so that he can get what he wants.

BRETT EDWARDS has tricked the feeble minds of each of these people to cover up his lies.

@PissedConsumer377349

You know this is Josh writing this

Like anyone is going to believe you, especially with so much negative feedback from former students like myself. I laughed at "Soiled the mattress" what I am 5?, and who tries to clean up something with bleach?...the mattress was already bleached when before I got it, it was an old mattress.Also, I never tried to go to the school for a second time and was denied, after my 6 months I was so glad it was over, so I could move on. FYI I missed class because I have representation and I actually had REAL auditions and projects I was doing at the time, no one else was, sorry I thought that what actors was supposed to do. You guys had nothing to offer me and the other actors that lived there.You actually killed their dreams, thats why so many left Los Angeles. I dont know why Im even responding to this, Im doing good. Got top representation now, AFTRA and SAG eligible, a few television and films credits under my belt, an increasing resume, celebrity friends,going to events, going to one of the top acting classes in LA, and doing what I came to LA to do. Your precious school is no more, and I hope you guys never have any more business. Go back to Texas where you belong, California doesnt want or need you.

Anyone reading ths:

JOSH (AND HIS BROTHER LARRY) IS A LIAR AND SNAKE WHO IS AFTER YOUR MONEY. HE HAS TRICKED SO MANY ACTORS AND ACTRESS WHO HAD DREAMS OF STARDOM. HE ISNT WHO HE SAYS HE IS. HE IS NOT A GOOD PERSON. SO PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND LISTEN TO ALL THE NEGATIVE RESPONSES ABOUT JOSH SANDS AND THE HOLLYWOOD FILM & ACTING ACADEMY BECAUSE ITS THE TRUTH. SOME OF US ARE ACTUAL FORMER STUDENTS AND THIS MANY PEOPLE ARENT LYING. WE ARE TRYING TO INFORM EVERYBODY OF OUR BAD EXPERIENCE WITH JOSH SO NOBODY ELSE HAS TO GO THROUGH WHAT WE WENT THROUGH. THANK YOU.

everyone who have good or bad reviews i would love to here more and love for you to contact me please!!!! i am an actor looking for a school and i just want you to email me ASAP OK I DONT WANT TO BE SCAMMED NOR MISS AN OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFE TIME SOO PLEASE EMAIL ME!! overtonamiyaj@***.com

I would love to learn more about this from the international student please email me at overtonamiyaj@***.com pleasee!!!!!!

Im confused by all the negative post. This school has been amazing for me and all of the people I came with.

Why lie?

I heard about the former students they were lazy and didnt care bout really acting. Please dont base ur future off there lies.

I strongly recommend anyone reading these posts to call Josh Sands of The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy at 323-962-**** for the truth. More responses to come.

Cedric Williams,

You are just upset because you soiled the mattress that you were sleeping on and tried to clean it by bleaching it and you also spilled bleach on the floor. You signed a paper saying that you did. Take some responsibility. You were sent the remained of your deposit.

If the Hollywood Film & Acting Academy is so bad why did you reapply?

Your second application was denied because you never attended classes.

If you had problems at The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy while you were there you should have spoke to Josh, he asked you if you had any problems every week.

Josh Sands was there for you when you had any problem.

Please be honest with yourself and take responsibility for your actions.

Brett Edwards,

You are upset because you were sleeping with a minor and living in here room and you were controlling everyone in the house by mentally abusing everyone. You were expelling for your behavior.

Akram Kanan,

You were expelled from The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy because you didn't respect the instructors. You were let back into the school after your mother called and begged for you to be let back in. You were allowed to reenter then you were disrespectful again and you were expelled again. That you for trashing your room when you left. I have pictures if you like to see them.

Charles Murrey,

You were given a job in order to pay for your tuition because you couldn't afford to pay for your tuition after you signed a contract. You didn't perform and you were fired and you retaliate by getting students who had problems with the Academy to go on message boards and slam a school that was trying to help you and them.

The movies weren't produced because the students didn't participate. It's hard to produce movies why you don't have actors.

josh Sands & The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy tried to help Cedric Williams, Brett Edwards, Charles Murrey and ever one else that is giving the Academy a bad name.

The former students placing Posts here are extremely ungrateful and I would strongly recommend staying away from them.

Each and everyone one of you were protect by Josh Sands, you all had opportunities to meet with him and discuss your problems, but when the situation didn't go your way you poisoned the people around you by saying negative things.

If you like we will also give you references of people who were witnesses to the situations that have been discussed. The Hollywood Film & Acting Academy has nothing to hide. The truth will come out.

Don't go to Hollywood film and acting academy. It's absolutely one of Los Angeles worst fulltime actingschools.

Newcomers to Hollywood: please read further!

Owner Josh Sands is a liar, a thief and an impostor.For fact.

The school 's owner Josh Sands is really nice before you sign a fake contract but then coincidentally turns into a nasty guy who is not concerned at all about you or your future actingcareer.You will not find many actor's online who say they have been to this school. Even the school itself will not post names and bio's of "graduates" and will not even mention all graduates.WEll, they beter not since former students include an Arizona fugitive (most wanted former drugaddict) who had severe mental problems, an Arizona sex offender who is currently in jail for sleeping with one of his former underage students, a formerly homeless and currently alcoholic that can be obviously seen in a student testimony on the website, and a man who was previously institutionalized, had a violent temper, stalked one of the students, and was taken to a mental evaluation facility because of his threats to commit suicide by jumping off the Kodak Theatre building.

All these people were living in the actor's house next to the school, even though Josh was aware of their backgrounds..

He couldn't care less, they made him money.

The school / Josh Sands willingly put students living in his "free" house in danger.

The background checks are not carried out properly, and none of the above should ever happen on a campus.

The money hungry school/Josh though will accept too many unfit and potentialy dangerous students as long as they put $$ in his pocket.

Josh has been stealing personal proerty from students living on campus in his actor's house,including from me,student from Holland.

Purposely the bar for admissions is set low.

No quality movies come out of this school.

Check online at youtube,they have a hwfaa channel with nothing but homemade stuff.

The suggestive name "Holywood Film And Acting Academy" will maybe confuse some people but not you, who reads this and wants to go here.Do not go to this school.

It is not an official school,accredited by the State of California.Even when you do finish the whole program,you have nothing to take with you,not even a diploma,since the level of education is so low,it is not recognised as a school for California law.

Let alone an academy.It is a scam operation.

So: do not go to Josh Sands "school"

Hollywood Film & Acting Academy.

Instead: Find a shared room or place for yourself on Craiglist.org (for about 250$ to 500$ a month) and then spend the rest on actingclasses at good places.Go to Samual Frencg bookstore on Sunset Blvd or online and research actingcoaches and schools.

Always audit before you sign any school.

If everyone who auditions gets accepted...yhen it is a fake audition,like is the case with Josh Sands and Larry Sands scam.

Usually great schools and teachers will be mentioned by accomplished actors on their websites or on their resumes. Actingcoaches will be mentioned and cross-referenced all over the internet(John Kirby's actingstudio, Larry Moss, David Kagen, Joanne Baron, Dee Wallace, Tasha Smith, Scott Sedita, Judy Kerr.

Also see what you can find on youtube when you type an actingschool's/actingcoach name.

By all means save yourself the energy to even go audit at Hollywood film and acting academy.You will not be building a strong foundation there to start your career, not in acting and surely not in filming.

Newcomers to Hollywood: please read further!

Owner Josh Sands is a liar, a thief and an impostor.For fact.

He couldn't care less, they made him money.

Purposely the bar for admissions is set low.

No quality movies come out of this school.

Let alone an academy.It is a scam operation.

So: do not go to Josh Sands "school"

Hollywood Film & Acting Academy.

Always audit before you sign any school.

View more comments (26)
ID
Lynn, Massachusetts

About

Summary

Shelley Berman, a very special guest speaker at the Hollywood Film & Acting Academy, last Thursday. ... Hollywood Film & Acting Academy is proud to announce Emmy Award ...

Hollywood Film and Acting Academy reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article