Resolved: Disgraceful service!

Update by user Jul 23, 2018

Extra components were sent to me free of charge. The boxes that I thought were damaged had been designed that way. Great response by Hollinger Metal Edge.

Original review posted by user Apr 28, 2018
I have a small collection of slides, negatives and photographs. After conducting hours of research and consulting a conservator, I decided it would be in my best interests to transfer my collection to a cold storage environment to preserve the life of the materials. I ordered two freezer kits from this company for a total of $101.70. I knew I would have to pay a hefty customs charge. O.K. fine, if I am getting archival quality products then I am happy to overpay. I got the package home only to discover that not only was the order was incomplete, but both boxes were broken! All I received were two boxes. The two freezer kits were supposed to contain the following for each box: 1 x Inner Bag 1 x Outer Bag 1 x Pair of Ply Mat Boards 1 x Blue Humidity Indicator 1 x Humidity Indicator Card 1 x instructions This is reprehensible service and I would like either the remaining items sent out completely free of charge (including customs fees paid) or a refund.
Resolved
ID
Commerce, California
Product
Hollinger Metal Edge Freezer Box
Pros
  • Range of products
  • Website design
Cons
  • Incomplete order
  • Had to send financial details via email unsecure
  • Damaged order
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Be very carefful of what you order from hollinger metal edge.com

I recetnly ordered a DVD and VHS tape storgae boxe from hollinger metal edge.com. They had advertised themselves as in storage business since 1940's. I purchased one box to store DVD's and another to store VHS tapes. Each cost me over $10 dollars. What I received was essentially a pretty shoe box. I immediatelt send them a e-mail stating my dissapointment and requested information so that I can return the product and get refund. I am still waiting to hear back from them. In a nutshell, be careful when you see products advertised by this company.

I've known this company for many years and fine them to be fair and responsible and their archival quality products are great quality and usually more reasonably priced than their competitors.

You ordered archival products from one of the top archives supply companies. As Bob mentioned, these boxes are a lot more than pretty - these boxes are what the National Archives, Library of Congress, Smithsonian, and all archives and special collections use for the long-term storage of historical records and media.

In truth, Hollinger Metal Edge offers very competitive prices for these products.

If you want non-archival storage, you can certainly get something cheaper at office depot or Wal-Mart. I'm sorry you didn't understand this when you purchased these products, but please understand the facts before you criticize this company.

Acknowledged that I received and accepted the offer for refund. Looks like at this time I will only be out of pocket for the shipping charges to ship the product back.

I'm sorry for your purchasing experience. We have been mfg.

Archival Products for many years and Archival boxes are very expensive due to the material cost. The boxes you ordered are acid free and lignin free and have a calcium carbonate buffering. They have an expected shelf life of 300 years and will protect your DVD's and VHS tapes from acid migration.

I understand we have offered you a full refund which you have acknowledged. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me directly.

View more comments (3)
ID
New York, New York
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article