Two charges and no way out

This company makes money by calling elderly people who have purchased travel within the last six months and trying to get them to dispute that charge and allow a new charge from their company. It is fraud!!!! I allowed them to dispute a 800 dollar fee and bill me 500. Not only was the dispute unsuccessful being I signed for the confirmation with the original company. I also signed for confirmation with company b. Now I have two charges and two trips. One of which I didn't even want. They need to be stopped. They are a scam. A scam by all definition.
Indiana, United States
Reason of review
scam

Company Full Of Convicts

Holidaygenie - Company Full Of Convicts
I RECEIVED A CALL FROM A WILLIAM GIBBS INSISTING I OWED $1398. HE INFORMED ME THAT HE HAD ME ON RECORDING, AS WELL AS, A COPY OF MY SIGNATURE AND POSTAL CONFIRMATION. HE THREATENED TO CHARGE ME RIGHT THEN THERE, AS IF THERE WERE SOME BIG RED MAGIC BUTTON THEY COULD PRESS AND WALLAH I WOULD BE BILLED. I ALMOST FELL FOR IT!!!! SOMETHING TOLD ME TO DO MORE RESEARCH. I TRIED DESPERATELY TO GET HIM TO CALL ME BACK EVEN AT ONE POINT CRYING AND EXPRESSING MY FEELING OF DIREST. HE REFUSED. HE STATED HE COULD HOLD AS LONG AS I NEEDED TO LOOK AT MY DOCUMENTS AND TAKE MY TIME. HE WAS VERY *** IF YOU ASK ME. HE JUST KNEW I WOULD GIVE HIM MY CARD WHICH HE CLAIMED TO ALREADY HAVE AND JUST NEEDED ME TO VALIDATE. I PUT THE PHONE ON MUTE AND BEGAN SEARCHING AND SEARCHING. FIRST I SEARCHED THE REPRESENTATIVE AND FOUND NOTHING. I GOT BACK ON THE LINE AND ASKED HOW I KNEW THIS WAS A LEGITIMATE COMPANY AND HE TOLD ME TO LOOK THE COMPANY UP ON SUNBIZ.ORG WHICH IS A GOVERNMENT SITE FOR ALL LEGITIMATE COMPANIES IN FLORIDA (ACCORDING TO HIM). I DID SO. THE FIRST THING I SAW WERE 3 NAMES WHICH APPEARED TO BE THE FOUNDERS OF THE COMPANY. THEY ALL CAME BACK WITH COMPLAINTS AS INDIVIDUALS AND AS A COMPANY. THE MOST ALARMING IS THE PERSON LISTED AS TREASURER (THE ONE WHO HANDLES THE MONEY) IS ACCORDING TO THE MUGSHOT ADVERTISED ON GOOGLE A EX-***. HE WAS ARRESTED AS EARLY AS 2013. AND PREVIOUS TO THAT SERVED SERIOUS TIME IN PRISON FOR ROBBERY, HOME INVASION ETC. THIS COMPANY ACCORDING TO GOOGLE HAS CHARGED CONSUMERS ILLEGALLY UNDER DIFFERENT COMPANIES, HARASSED, AND PERFORMED ACTS OF FRAUD REPEATEDLY. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. DO YOUR RESEARCH IF YOU DONT BELEIVE ME. I GOT BACK ON THE LINE AND TOLD THEM I FOUND PROOF THAT I HAD ALREADY RESOLVED MY VACATION. THEY ASKED WHEN. I LIED AND SAID LAST MONTH. THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME BACK BECAUSE I NEEDED TO DISPUTE THAT FEE AND PAY THEM LESS. I WAS EVEN MORE ALARMED. WHY WOULD I LET THEM ON THE LINE WITH MY BANK? I HUNG UP. TWENTY MINUTES LATER I GOT A CALL FROM THEIR PROCESSING MANAGER LISA GAETA WHICH I ASKED HER TO SPELL AND ASKED HER TO HOLD ON SO I COULD GET THE INFO. I GOOGLED HER AND MUGSHOTS (PLURAL) POPPED UP FOR DRUG CHARGES AND WORSE. I GOT BACK ON THE LINE AND STARTED TO INFORM HER OF ALL OF THIS AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME. GOOD RIDDANCE. I HAVE FILED COMPLAINTS ALL OVER AND HAVE CONTACTED THE AUTHORITIES.

I just cancelled my card and disputed their fee. This girl was so kind or at least seemed to be.

I cannot believe it. What a scam. She was on the line with me and my bank and she heard all of my security information. I feel so taken advantage of.

Why is she allowed to deal with peoples confidential information this company is full of ***.

I told my bank and they advised me to report it to the authorities which I will do first thing in the morning. I printed out your attachments thank you so much for sharing.

Manhattan, Kansas
Cons
  • Company period
Reason of review
FRAUD
Preferred solution
SHUT THEM DOWN

My Booking Genie Big Fat SCAMMMM

On May 21, 2014 My Booking Genie contacted me for package (trip) purchased for $118 that expired. They said we OWED the travel club $798.00 USD. Joseph Williams started the conversation politely, but after going back and forth with us asking WHY we owed any money he started raising his voice and threatening to charge me $1398 USD anyway without my authorization. He said it was due. I didn't know what to do and panicked. They had an old credit card of mine, but after being harrassed for so long i just gave him the new card. He said they would charge us regardless and we'd lose our package too if i did not buy a new package with them so i paid with my Visa. Satara (Kimberly) Monroe got on the phone next (cooperate ID #6655) and read something to us so fast that she was out of breath. We couldn't understand anything she was saying, and we told her that (Which is probably apart of her strategy). I did not want another package. The vacations were too short and don't work for us. Plus we're both in our 80's and can't travel much anymore because of health reasons. I tried to call them back after the fact,but no answer. They haven't provided me with any documentation to date (no email or physical package). I even emailed them for a refund. I want my money back. I've never purchased anything from them so i shouldn't owe them any money. I asked numerous times who I purchased from and he kept saying "I don't know, it could be either..." Then he started naming off different vacation travel clubs. I think they were fishing for information to piggie back off of. Scam sales tactics. Joseph Williams was so rude, and I don't even think they have any license to sell travel. They also told me a $1 charge from Liberty Insurance Company would be charged first to "make sure." I don't even know what that means. I was forced into this and that's not right. Why do they take advantage of old people?

they are a company made up of convicts according to their corporation documents the person listed as treasurer (in charge of money.....after googling him) is a convicted felon for home invasion, etc. The person I spoke with as a supervisor in customer service/processing who took my new cc information and processed me for $898 has multiple mug shots all over the internet for drug possession, prostitutions etc. If you get a call from Lisa Gaeta beware!

this company scam they told me their name was my booking genie but their email is internationalbookinggenie.com and they billed me as liberty insurance. liberty insurance is outraged as far as what they told me when i called them regarding my package after not getting anything and not getting a live person at booking genie.

I was told that I'd see that charge due to my package being insured.

Big scam!!!!!! Watch out!!!!

I had a similar experience however I spoke with a Kevin and Joseph Williams read very quickly and quite inexperienced if you ask me. He seemed to be slurring as if her were high or drunk.

I called back as soon as we hung up and they refused to answer. I had a few more questions. When I didn't receive anything via email or in the mail after the 7 to 14 business days they quoted me I called as they instructed in the event I failed to receive anything. No answer.

I called Mastercard and they refunded me. The dispute process took about 45 days and i got my money back. What they want is for you to fall outside of your cancellation window which they quoted me 60 days. But my Master Charge gives me 4 months so def.

call your cc company or bank and find out their policy.

I also alerted the attorney general in my state who forwarded it to Florida where they are located and apparently we are not the first but hopefully the last. They have numerous complaints far worse then ours and are currently under investigation.

View more comments (2)
ID
#521949 Review #521949 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Loss

About

Holidaygenie Terms of Service
All fares and other information are subject to availability. VAT) or fees payable for services (e.g. If The User of company services have a problem during The Customer's holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. Please keep The User's letter concise and to the point. In such circumstances all suppliers (e.g. Please note that a flight described as "direct" will not necessarily be non-stop. The Foreign and Commonwealth Travel Advice Unit may have issued information about The Customer's holiday destination. www.holidaygenie.com strongly recommend that The Client of Holidaygenie take out travel insurance for The Client's whole journey. If The Customer have any special requests, please advise The Company at time of booking. The information given to The Customer by hotel staff may be incorrect in respect of refunds. The Client's scheduled flight is covered by Airline Failure Insurance. Changes in *transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, *dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and *exchange rates, mean that the price of The Customer's travel arrangements may change after The User have booked.
To read more: http://www.holidaygenie.com/termsandconditions.aspx
Holidaygenie Privacy Policy
A no preference search covers those airlines to which Holidaygenie has access, which is most airlines. The flights displayed are those for which holidaygenie was able to confirm availability. By searching for flights on just one airline, The User may be able to find additional choices and possibily even lower prices. www.holidaygenie.com is here for The Client's solutions. Holiday Genie is a subsidiary of TravelUp Ltd and is committed to protecting The Client's personal information. Holidaygenie's' privacy policy explains what information Holidaygenie collect, how The Company collect it, what Website do with it and who www.holidaygenie.com share it with. Website may update this privacy policy from time-to-time by posting a new version on Company's website. Website encourage The Client to check this page whenever The Client of Holidaygenie visit Holidaygenie's' website to ensure The Customer are happy with any changes. When The Client make a booking with Holiday Genie or one of its affiliated sites (TravelUp, Bravo Travel, Magic Holidays, Bookable Holidays) www.holidaygenie.com will capture personal information about the lead passenger - name, address, telephone number and email address.
To read more: http://www.holidaygenie.com/privacy.aspx
Summary

Holidaygenie is a large tour operator. The company was founded in 1999 as a flight only operator. Its headquarters is based in London, United Kingdom. Holidaygenie provides package holidays including flight, hotel, car, and cruise booking. The tour operator sells package holidays to destinations all over the world. Holidaygenie also offers the following services: car hire, airport parking, and attraction tickets with tours. The company has IATA, ATOL and ABTA licenses. The tour operator accepts holiday cancellation before departure. Available payment options are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Switch, and Delta. The company has Virgin Best Travel Agent award. Customer service is provided 7 days a week.

Holidaygenie reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article