Not as described, broken promises, now disappeared.

I agreed to purchase a car from this Danny bloke at Holden Brook and gave him a deposit in cash on Sunday, the eleventh of June. I asked for the car to have a new MOT as the old one was only just over a month old and mentioned some advisories that were on the last one. He said that there wouldn't be any issues and that the car would be ready on Tuesday, in case it needed work for the new MOT. He texted me to say that the car had passed with flying colours and that he could deliver it that night, the Monday, which he did and I paid the balance in cash. There were issues with tyres at first and so I rang him, he agreed to pay me for a replacement tyre and said that he would ring to arrange. That was it, no further contact despite a visit to the unit and many calls and texts. There were also issues with brakes and suspension and bulbs so had he got some kind of deal with the tester at where it was done. I've had the car serviced and am going through all the issues at my own expense, today however I went to his unit again after no reply to further calls and texts and guess what, he's done a bunk. Bailiffs are after him and by all accounts some others who are a lot more out of pocket than me are keen to speak to him also. I guess that my three-month warranty is useless now. I wish that I'd checked the reviews before buying from him, but was in desperate need of a car, this one seemingly being the best of a bad bunch. I've been to the garage who he bought it from and who did the MOT and all they can tell me is that he is no longer in business. I intend to contact the owner as this could have an impact on his business if they have dealt with Stones. It is a medium to large-size local used car I suppose that a lesson has been learned and it's a shame that others have been upset by this fella, all I can say further is that "You reap what you sow, Stones"

He needs his comeuppance and I’m sure it is on the way

@PissedConsumer1532671

Thanks, I believe that he has closed Holden Brook Motors down now, at least we are aware of not to deal with him again.

BTW..Danny Stones of Leigh, Greater Manchester is nothing more than a shifty con dealer and not to be trusted.

Track down any new car company he may have started and inform whoever is hosting his website to close it down.

View more comments (3)
ID
Reason of review
Order processing issue

Holden Brook Motor - Bmw Car Review

Holden Brook Motor - Bmw Car Review
Bought a BMWX5 from Daniel Stones who advertises on Autotrader and Gumtree is cars and vans. He is based in Leigh. Pls all steer clear of this rogue dealer I was sold a car not fit for purpose ie Turbo caput amongst other issues. This guy is all over with bad reviews pls check out Autotrader reviews and these reviewd here he rips people off with problem cars then totally ignores you. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

He is on Facebook

Same experience for me. Sold a car not fit for purpose. Hope he gets his comeuppance

He's a limited company so will go bust before his year end and start a new company straight away transferring the assets to the new company.

There's nothing you can do once he does this, it's a legal ***.

Take note Danny Stones a total conman selling heaps of metal and ripping people off left right and centre! Steer Clear!!!

I would not be surprised if his latest feedback on Autotrader is fake..or they just got lucky and found an OK car. This guy is a crafty Gypo..Do not trust him, none of the cars have the proper mechanical checks before going on sale and there are so much better traders out there..I now prefer to go to genuine private sellers after dealing with this guy..

Had a meeting weeks ago with Danny who agreed to pay me back £1500 and £250 when he sells my VW beetle I traded in.. I am awaiting the monies... I will update when/if this gets resolved.

@PissedConsumer1322943

Why would he be paying guy back money from a car you traded in? It sound like he has used his *** man tricks to lure you into one his scams again.. this man would steal from he own mother, I would get the deal undone as of the 6months money back law

@PissedConsumer1322943

Did you end up getting your money back?

@PissedConsumer1523950

Nope!

@PissedConsumer1523990

What does this guy look like? A friend of mine got scammed recently and I’m looking for the fella. Also will take legal action against this worm

View more comments (18)
ID
Product
Bmw Car
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

About

Summary

Holden Brook Motor is a company selling used cars based in Leigh, Greater Manchester. It offers such makes as Audi, Bentley, Land Rover, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and others. Car listings on the website provide information about transmission type, mileage, color, number of doors, CO2 emissions, dimensions, performance, and economy, etc. A car can be reserved for the individual listing page. There is also an option to book a test drive, too. Holden Brook Motor also buys cars from individuals. To sell a car with Holden Brook Motor, an evaluation form should be filled in and sent from the website.

Holden Brook Motor reviews and complaints

Holden Brook Motor is ranked 1725 out of 4367 in Dealers category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article