Returned product, return price gouging

I ordered a barrel for my H&K firearm and it did not fit my purposes. I paid HKParts.net $279.00. They authorized a return and I returned it; however, they kept almost $100 for fees, some of which were illegal to withhold. They charged a 20% restocking fee, they said they did not return sales tax, and they would not return shipping fees. I called the Utah Dept of Revenue and they said it was illegal to NOT return sales tax. I emailed HKParts.net and told them it was illegal not to return paid sales tax. They finally relented and gave me the sales tax back. The made almost $75.00 profit and they did nothing to earn that money but gouged fees from the consumer.
ID

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article