Mistreated at Hiway Inn Express in Kiowa, Oklahoma

Had blowout on left front tire just south of the Hiway Inn Express in Kiowa, Oklahoma, June 30, 2014. I managed to somehow slow down and maneuver van into their parking lot about 1:30 PM. Still shaken up from the near collision with an 18 wheeler, and while waiting for a truck from a garage in McCalester, Ok., My friend asked the manager if we (four of us) could use his restroom and maybe just get a drink of water. He let us know that there was no restroom to use and that even if we did, we would have to pay to have it cleaned. A sheriff deputy was already there watching us, my friend asked him for a ride to the nearest restroom stop. He kindly assisted in taking our wives and my friend to the cafe next to the Hiway Inn. I remained with the van to call for a repair truck from McCalester. I approached Mike the Manager and tried to reason with him that our wives were shaken up from the accident and that we could have been killed. Mike the manager stated that he did not care, that wasn't any of his concern. I responded that I would like his last name and that I would let others know of our experience here. He then said that we could get off his property. The Sheriff had returned from dropping off our wives and friend and so I called him over and stated what had happened. He talked to Mike, came over to me, his attitude changed; and said Mike [the manager] wanted his business card back. I gave it to the officer, and he said that if Mike wanted to he could: 1. Have my car towed immediately off his property. 2. Have me arrested for trespassing. I said, Sir, I am a law abiding citizen, and that we just had, what could have been a horrific accident, and that we just were looking for common courtesy. The officer then said, It didn't matter, that as the owner of the property, he could do it. What if we move ouside the property line and wait for the maintenance truck? Officer said to just have no further contact with Mike. I agreed. We went to the cafe next to the Hiway Inn, for a drink and & restroom stop. The workers there were basically rude to our wives when they asked to go use the restrooms and then the lady at the cash register tried to shortchange me a dollar for my tab! Finally the repair truck arrived and we made it to McCalester, Ok to buy a new tire and was on our way home. This whole experience was something out of a horror movie. Do not stop at the Hiway Inn in Kiowa, Oklahoma. Not once did the officer asked if we needed anything or was okay after the accident.The manager needs traing in common decency and this review could have added customers instead of warning persons to not stop in Kiowa, at the Hiway Express Inn.

I thought you said the sheriff dropped your wives off at the restroom? Them you said you went to the Hi way Inn and used the restroom?

@PissedConsumer837279

Sorry for the confusion. The sheriff picked up our wives and my friend first and dropped

them of at the cafe for a restroom stop. I stayed with the vehicle.

Later when they returned, then I walked to the cafe for a restroom stop.

So let me get this straight, you expected to be let into a room without paying to use the bathroom (which WOULD have had to of been cleaned again).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you reacted angrily (because I know you wouldn't say such a thing in your lame *** complaint). At which point he had every right to kick you the *** out.

A rule of thumb in hotels is, you never let a person into a room without paying. Then after he doesn't let you into a room for free, you start threatening to get him in some kind of trouble?

He is under no obligation to be dragged into your drama, the whole *** world doesn't come to a halt because you just had a scary experience, and you don't get to make demands of businesses that you aren't even a customer of, then act like a *** when they refuse.

@PissedConsumer836099

Mr. Anon,

As a person who retired from 30+ years in the service occupation; Letter Carrier with

USPS. We were not expecting anything at all except to be treated kindly and with

fellow feeling as human beings, after almost being killed in an auto accident. No sir,

we did not react angrily, and we did not have to resort to profanity to get our situation

across as evidently you do. Can anything be explained or expounded upon without the use of the *** word? Have we become so intellectually inarticulate that we have to fall back to four letter words? I also did not threaten, menace, or make demands on the manager, we merely asked for assistance for refreshment in time of need. Then he ordered us off his property which is also his right as a manager. As a consumer, I have every course of action to make known my opinion of any establishment, this one included. Your statement that "A rule of thumb in hotels is, you never let a person into a room without paying", shows you have very little or no experience in dealing with the public at large. Sir, please, we were not asking for free room at this motel. The fact that we were almost in a fatal accident is not being overly dramatic, there was no yelling or screaming occurring at all. Have a nice day

View more comments (3)
ID
Kiowa, Oklahoma

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article