Utterly Disappointed with photos and horrible customer service.

Hiram Trillo Photography - Utterly Disappointed with photos and horrible customer service.
Very disappointed with the quality of photography delivered, as it did not reflect the work on his website or the sample weddings we were sent. The 2nd shooters work during our reception was just awful. There was also not a single photo of us looking at the camera. We were later told by Hiram that that was our fault as we didn't ask for this specifically beforehand. Also, almost every shot from our wedding was shot with an ultra wide lens, and this caused a lot of extreme distortion in many of our photos. People are stretched beyond ridiculous. When we tried to talk with Hiram and come to some kind of resolution, he just said that we should have talked with him beforehand. If the photos we had received looked anything like the skill level that was shown to us in the sample weddings that he sent us, we wouldn't have had an issue. I guess that we should have asked to have at least one photo of us looking at the camera so I could give it to my mom. Or that we should have asked to not have our guests be stretched so severely in so many photos. Or that we wish we would have had at least a few dance photos that were shot with a longer lens for some variety, but we felt this was kind of implied in being a professional photographer.. All of our dance photos are shot at super wide, and it just looks ridiculous. Also, the guys getting ready shots are just ultra wide shots of us standing around. No story telling, no close up shots, no lighting(even in a very dark room). The timing of the shots and the angles are just bad. The shot of my father helping me to put on my jacket has him completely covered my me due to the bad angle. I can't even see him helping me into my jacket. When we asked about this, he said that all of the shots were done at the best angle, and the timing was perfect.. I don't know what to say.. Our venue we got married at has some absolutely fantastic rooms that allow for amazing and dramatic photography. We have seen some absolutely amazing work done there by other photographers. But all of the guys getting ready shots were shot from the hip, and no effort was made to ask us to move towards better light, or to do anything other than just stand in a line. When we asked Hiram about this, he just said that he is a photo journalist, and doesn't pose shots. That's his excuse. Yet he poses us in our couples photos. And he posed the group photos, and he posed the getting ready photos for the girls(asked them to turn this way, and to come near the window, etc.). His fall back is always that he doesn't setup or pose, but moving a bride to a window, or posing us together with our heads touching is exactly that. Just doesn't make sense. The worst part of everything was the lack of customer service. At the end, he said that it was partially our fault due to us trying to save money and not booking him to shoot our engagement photos. We booked him for all day coverage. We choose not to have him do our engagement photos because we had already had them done! It seems that if you don't choose to have him shoot your engagements as well as wedding, he has very limited patience to talk with you or to try and work with you after the fact. Emails would sometimes take weeks for him to get back to us. And the wedding photos took two months, even though he told us they would be one month the night of the wedding. And even then, we had to have him re-edit a number of photos because the colors were off. Our silver chargers looked gold in many photos. All of the 2nd shooter images from our reception look nothing like the rest of the work. All in all, it was the lack of customer service and support that caused us to be so upset with things. We told him we were upset with the photos, and asked him if there was anything he could do to try and come to a resolution. He didn't offer anything other than saying how we didn't book him for the engagement session. I've shown our wedding to over 30 professional wedding photographers, and they all kept asking if it was actually Hiram that shot our wedding because the work he gave us was that bad!

Hello - we’re doing a TV Show - You can also refer to our recent post re our participant casting for our TV show at: https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/lgs/d/fort-worth-free-lawyer-tv-show-wants-to/684914****.html Thank you, Grey 310-923-****

Hoping to hear from you guys - part of a local tv news documentary- I can be reached directly at 310-923-**** - thank you - Grey

...and perhaps I can be of assistance in helping - thanks - I can be reached directly at: Consumerpeople11@***.com

That’s just terrible what you guys had to go through - have to say - had a similar experience as well - unfortunately- I’d certainly like to discuss further some alternatives and/or re what transpired - Here’s my contact - thank you - Grey Consumerpeople11@***.com

View more comments (3)
ID
Fort Worth, Texas
Product
Hiram Trillo Photography Wedding Photo
Pros
  • How he sounded on the phone before the wedding
Cons
  • Shot almost every photo as an ultra wide angle with no variety
  • Not professional
  • Not one photo of us looking at the camera
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article