Renee C Bck

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Payed for a booking that was never made!

Hipcamp - Payed for a booking that was never made!

Do not waste your time or money! I am not impressed at all!

I made a booking through Hipcamp on April 26, arrived today (5/21), and the campground didn't know we were coming and had not received any money from the $173 collected by Hipcamp. There is no way to contact them! You can only talk to a bot, a very stupid bot, who we can only hope passed my info on to a real person who won't contact me for 3-4 days! How stupid!

Thankfully, the campground was able to accommodate us, and now it's a waiting game to see if they get paid or if I will have to pony up more money and hope to get a refund from Hipcamp. They have had this happen with Hipcamp before!

Only use them as a listing for campgrounds... contact the owners yourself!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Took our money without making our reservation

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Run far, run fast

map-marker Louisville, Kentucky

I want to resume with you

I signed up with hipcamp a year ago and had an account but i didn't sell my house in Livermore co.until March of this year to be able to start it up this year. I can't seem to find my account for Robinsons Roost.Can you help?

User's recommendation: Our property doesn't show up on GPS. Be sure to call when you turn on to County Road 40 there's a fire station straight in front of you when you trun off I-25.If your RV is taller then 12 ft. I will have you take exit 18 instead.

Travel Expert Talks

Vacation Rentals: Refund, Cancellation and Safety Tips

Nov 6, 2020

How to refund or cancel a vacation rental? How to avoid a scam? We’ve asked Mary Branum, a vacation rental expert, and experienced homeowner, to answer top consumers questions about vacation rentals.

Read full article
Mary Branum
Mary Branum

Mary Branum is a vacation rental expert, owner of Galveston Island and President of STROAG.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article