Took ford truck to Hilt's garage in abingdon virginia 10/23/14 and was given rejection sticker for leak in exhaust system.

I took Ford truck to HIlt's garage on 10/23/14 and was given a rejection sticker for a leak in the exhaust system. Due to family illness was unable to make apt. to have fixed until 11/20/14. at Empire ford dealership had truck checked and oil change. nothing wrong with exhaust system. Took documentation back to HILt's garage. He charged me again for the sticker even tho the rejection was an error. told him this was unjust. I paid it, but think it is unfair since it was their mistake. I think due to being female gender and would have to do more paper work, I was denied correct treatment. If the truck had indeed had a leak in the exhaust and I was past the 15 day service, I would not have questioned the charge. But it was their error, not mine.

I had a rejection on a car because it needed two new wiper blades, only problem was it was a Mercedes with a single arm wiper. I paid the guy 50$ cash and got a sticker. The only reason for a garage to conduct state inspections is to extort money from taxpayers.

ID
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reason of review
Damaged or defective

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article