Scam Artist DO NOT HIRE THEM

They have several names for their company A cut above tree service all around tree service Curb appeal tree service Hills Custom Tree Service Tree B Gone James Sexton Tara Sexton Tommy Sexton and Jason They drive a white pick up truck with no logo and ladders on the back James is a white guy with an Ernest T Bass accent. He gave me a quote on removing a tree in our yard. I wrote him a check deposit of $392 and he was supposed to come back in 2 days to remove the tree. He texted the next day to reschedule. I immediately called him and I asked for a refund. He hung up and changed his number. I went to my bank and of course the check had already been cashed. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

They got me for $400 too back in 2015. Same type of setup.

Came out, gave an estimate and then said they would be back in two days. After two days, I called and spoke with Tara Sexton who told me that James was tied up one of his top clients (Furniture Land South) and that he would be back out the next day or two. After two more days, I called again and she just told me that James had hurt his back. I asked for a refund and she hung up on me.

Check had already gone through! They were going by Tree-B-Gone at the time.

This guy did the same thing to me. His full name is James Edward Sexton and his wife's name is Tara Ledford Sexton.

I have a warrant outstanding for his arrest for Obtaining Property by False Pretense, a felony. Anyone who has been scammed by this *** man should go to the police.

View more comments (1)
ID
Kernersville, North Carolina
Service
Hills Custom Tree Care Customer Care
Cons
  • Scam artist james sexton
Reason of review
Scam Artist
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article