Customer Service Runaround from BCBS West Virginia

Update by user Apr 04, 2017

They are terrible at dealing with appeals. Customer service staff is either purposely trained to frustrate you or woefully under-trained.

Original review posted by user Apr 03, 2017
I had to fill 2 prescriptions before they were out b/c my son was traveling somewhat unexpectedly. I paid full price and then called them the next day. I was told to submit a reimbursement request to Express Scripts, they would reject it and then I would get instructions to appeal. 1. 1st letter from Express Scripts gives me no option to appeal except contacting their Civil Rights Coordinator 2. Civil Right Coordinator is dismayed that there were no appeal instructions and promises to resolve by talking to Customer Service 3. 2nd letter from Express Scripts has a Q&A, where it says to call the number on the back of your card to appeal (not making this up) 4. Call number on back of card on a Friday, 2.5 hrs later and after speaking with 4 different people from BCBS in addition to 2 different people from Express Scripts, I am told I must speak with Appeals Dept at BCBS, which is closed. 5. Last BCBS person tells me he'll call me at 9:30a on Monday. 6. At 12:30p on Monday, I initiate the call as no call came at 9:30a. 7. 2.5 hrs later, after speaking with 3 different people from BCBS (only 1 was from the Friday group) and 3 different people from Express Scripts (all different people from Friday), I am told that I must submit the appeal in writing. It is important to keep in mind that EACH TIME you talk to a different person, they are asking for DOB, Address, and call back number for security purposes. This only adds to the frustration. They all ask if it is OK to leave a message as well. I will find someone in that organization to hear this story as I feel abused.
ID
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Service
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article