Highlander German Shepherds

I can not believe how unprofessional this company is! They constantly spoke down to me and are very pretentious. I was nothing but polite and explained to them that I am in the military and feel that I would really enjoy raising a German Shepard, but they just said that they don't believe me and that I should take my business elsewhere. I actually don't understand why I was treated so poorly by these people who sport a huge chip on their shoulder. Even though they became increasingly degrading, I remained polite but it was useless. I would highly suggest heeding their advice, and taking your business elsewhere because they will just leave you frustrated and angry! Hope this helps.

As owner of HGSDs we take the vetting process of potential clients seriously. It’s my responsibility to assure our pups go to the very best families.

I do not take this responsibility lightly. This guy wanted a mail order puppy/refused to complete our application, he had no interest in the telephone interview / the face to face interview /learning about our breeding program etc. I politely told him that we are not a good match and that I wouldn’t sell a puppy to someone I’ve never met let alone someone I’ve never spoken to. He was highly offended but that’s not my concern.

The well-being of my dogs/puppies is definitely my concern. I will always do right by my puppies with no exceptions.

#1202405

John from Highlander Bluff Kennels was not only nonprofessional, but nasty in speaking to me over the phone, just because I specified in wanting a dark sable. He said I didn't get to choose, and that whether a shepherd is black and tan, all black, sable ect.

should not matter. He continued on by saying I get whatever he sends me.

For anybody reading this it is just as important to have a quality relationship as having a quality dog from a reputable breeder.

The owner and family have serious mental issues! find a breeder that is not on heavy antipsychotics

@PissedConsumer978653

Absolutely ridiculous! They must not have approved of you having one of their puppies so you post such a nasty comment?

So you're saying you have access to their medical records and have proof of what you are writing? It sounds like you are the one with mental issues and need medication.

I have found this breeder to be very helpful and caring. I have one of their S litter puppies and couldn't be happier with both our dog and our experience with such a wonderful breeder.

I have talked to alicia on the phone and was going to get one of her dogs, due to issues with a special needs child , I had to put the families puppy plans on hold, and eventually wound up getting a puppy from someone else, after speaking with her several times on the phone I find all of these negative comments hard to believe, she was always very pleasant with me on the phone and always took the time to talk with me and answer my questions.

I sent an email asking about a dog they may know considering they bought puppies from the same dam. I received two email back insinuating I was trying to swindle them with some Nigerian bank scam.

They even tried to point out my use of formal English as suspicious. In the first email I sent I included my full name and phone number. They didn't bother once to contact or google me.

I am still searching for the original owner of my dog and because I wasn't waving dollars they treated me like I was going to steal their social security numbers. Sigh* If you have no input a professional response will be appreciated.

@PissedConsumer808477

Really you're angry because they didn't know your dog's lineage & they didn't do your research for you? Why not try the pedigree database? Your post sounds suspicious to me.

A few years ago I purchased a puppy from this breeder and the animal turned out to have numerous genetic health defects. The breeder did not honor their warranty on the dog and the ordeal cost me thousands of dollars. As for being a legendary homocide Detective, if one does their research they will find the one homicde this Detective investigated ended up being falsly convicted and subsequently released from prison!

@PissedConsumer658682

Suspicious that you don't leave your name ... if the dog had health issues you did not contact me #1 so I find this hard to believe.

Beyond that ....NONE of our dogs are in NYC!!! So obviously this is someone making this all up.

There was an investigation and all police involved were found to have done everything legally.

Get a life!!! If you have an issue contact me personally instead of fabricating lies on the internet.

Alisia McIntyre

@PissedConsumer658682

This business is fraud!

View more comments (15)
ID
West New York, New Jersey

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article