Is there a way we can take these people to court. They knowingly committed a crime.

I don't live in Co. but have a home which they did some terrible work when they installed my doors and windows. At least I received them, not like I have read from others. I am just wondering if we can take the owners to court and make them pay either with returning our money or doing some time. The girl I was dealing with must have know of the trouble they were in because she kept putting me off by telling me one thing or another. Not sure if anything due to not knowing anything about the law of Fraud in Co.
Houston, Texas
Loss

High Country Window and Door Fraud Multiplies

High Country Window and Door at 1939 East Kentucky Ave., Denver has ripped off more customers than just me. I gave them $940 as a deposit to order the door and stain it. They have since gone out of business and no orders have been placed. Call the Denver District Attorney's office at 720-913-**** and request an "Economic Crime Complaint Form." Do this even if your claim is less than $1,000, as they have started a file on this company. The Secretary of State website shows they dissolved in 9/15/2003. Evergreen or Conifer customers call your County DA.

The SOS shows them as dissolved as of 2003??? they were bought by Wolff Enterprises LLC DBA High Country Window and Door.

Owners Jim Wolff (Dad) Rebecca Schwaderer (Daughter of dad) and John Schwaderer (son-in-law of dad) all lying cheating stealing mothers.... go to pissed off at high country window at google and follow our Blog.....9 news wants to investigate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver, Colorado

High Country Window and Door has commited fraud in Denver

This company has recently gone out of business and has left customers without money or product and I am posting here and on Yelp to provide a place for people to discuss their issues with the company. I previously had posted on Google reviews after seeing other folks in the same situation as myself, that is, they were charged for goods and services that were never delivered and no way to get their money back as this company has gone out of business. The business entry has been removed from Google - presumably by the owners, and with it all of the reviews such as mine. I suspect this company has committed fraud against many people in the Denver area. My experience is below: I ordered Marvin windows in early October and there were several delays to the delivery and they kept telling me that the manufacturer was delayed due to high demand and they would try to get them in a soon as they could. We followed up numerous times in November December and January. On Saturday Feb 5th we have just received a letter stating they are going out of business and to contact the distributor, with no other information. So I called Marvin and they referred me to the distributer BMD (BMDUSA.com) I spoke with Kathy she was helpful however she told me HIGH COUNRTY NEVER ORDERED the windows. Since October they have been LYING and telling me it was on back order when in fact the order was never placed with Marvin. I have contacted 9News here in town as well as the police department (who were unhelpful), we have submitted a consumer complaint to the State Attorney General and have disputed the charge with our credit card company. We will be contacting the State Attorney General next.

anyone heard anything about these Rats who stole money?

to "8 months later"...this is Melissa and for your information I did not know this was going to happen. So before you jump to conclusions know this...I had worked for them & trusted them for 3 and a half years. When I got a call on February 1st, WITH NO WARNING, that the company was closing the doors, I was 6 months pregnant; I lost my health insurance, did not receive my last TWO paychecks, and in the blink of an eye lost just under half my families monthly income. We live paycheck to payckeck, I have a 4 year old son, a mortgage and a life I am sure not that unlike your own.

So, yeah, I got screwed too. And no matter what the circumstances I blindly had faith that what I was being told about the company's well being was the truth, because I trusted the people that I worked for.

Clearly I was wrong.

Luckily I was able to secure a part time job working for a wonderful company that I worked for years ago...with people that I still love & trust and that were willing to hire me even being this pregnant. Now we are just struggling to make ends meet, love the little boy we already have, get ready for a new little life & move on.

I am mortified by what has transpired and I am sorry if you, too, were affected.

By the way, "Pissed Wife" is one of my dearest friends.

I know she worked there .... I'm just wondering what her role was other than BS artist, blaming manufacturers and explaining all the many delays. There's no way she wasn't aware of what was happening.

She worked for High Country Window and door

Who is Melissa Rackliff...?

To just wondering....the company was a great company before these BAFOONS bought it. I think they spend $ like it is going out-of-style and OOOPS we owe DADDY 900,000 for buying us the company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a group of awful people.

Whatever LITTLE KNOWN LOGIC who cares about grammer when you have a single mother out there that you ROBBED and STOLE $15,000 K from while her children are cold. What kind of people are You???????????

And how do you sleep at night??????????? And why can't you just come forward and say "Hey we made BIG MISTAKES and this is what we will do to try to make things right" Why do yo have to hind behind the computer instead of coming forward and admitting the bad behavior that you committed. Why??????????? Why do you proceed to make this OUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT. We are the victims.

To Just wondering.... My husband started with High Country Window & Door as a sub-contractor in Aug 2009.

In Dec. 2009 they asked him to come on full-time as of Jan. 2010. He did and received a company truck as well as a Blackberry to communicate with all others.

First check on January 7th 2010 taxes taken out. Then nothing until May, again taxes taken out. Only five paychecks were taxes taken out of. We did make comments and told Rebecca that we were getting CASHIERS CHECKS as pay checks with no pay stub/ or a hand wrtitten check by Rebecca Scwaderer that had a pay stub that said "100.00" Who estimates taxes?????

You can get Quick Books and do it yourself. But all this time they claimed they had a "PAYROLL Person" at Wells Fargo. Then they tell us they are going to 1099 and W2 my husband for the 2010. ILLEGAL if you work for the same company.

Everything about this company is a SHAM. They are lying, cheating, theiving people and deserve to go to jail. Whether they are here or not they will get their retribution somewhere. Not only did they screw us on our taxes, when we filed unemployment, they only show 4,300.00 for my husbands taxes so he gets $51.00 for a two week period when his final paystub for 2010 showed his gross income as 38,000.00.

How is that for screwed. If we ever wanted to re-fi, or anything we can't do it for another 2years?????

Happened to come across this blog. Curious, was this a flight by night company that pulled up in neighbors and went door to door or did they have store fronts?

How long were they in business? Did you guys check them out? Employees that didn't have taxes taken out of paychecks? I would have asked immediately for fear of owing the IRS at the end of the year.

Sorry for you folks, sounds like you've been through ***...I'm really curious about the pissed off wife, how long did you husband work for them? Did he actually work the whole year of 2010? Surely he must have been miserable. Of course, better to have a bad job than no job at all.

Well, I'm sure these gypsies have since left Denver. I'll keep watching for the end result.

Surely, all these people will rot in jail for there bad business practices. Just Wondering.

FACTS for Little Logic-

FACT-I paid for windows I didn't receive.

FACT: I received a letter from HC TELLING me my order was placed with Anderson.

FACT: They LIED--The order never placed.

FACT-I am 15,000 poorer.

FACT-I still have a house with *** windows.

So--At best they are LIARS and *** businesspeople who'd rather leave people in debt than take responsibility for being *** poor business people....

OR

They are crooks

Either way---not seeing the kind, gentle goodness in these people.

So next time we have -30 degree weather---or even 10 degree weather--why don't you call my kids and tell them their house is cold because some very sweet people took their window money.

View more comments (44)
ID
#220689 Review #220689 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Denver, Colorado
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article